What's for dinner? March 10

What's going on the dinner table tonight? Do tell! I am trying a new recipe. (What else is new? ) I'm making Creamy Macaroni and Cheese in the Instant Pot. The recipe comes from Melissa Clark's Dinner In An Instant cookbook which is devoted to recipes for Instant Pots and other electric pressure cookers. What's better than macaroni and cheese for dinner? Macaroni and cheese in 6 minutes! That's what's happening here. What are YOU having? I want to know!
I'm frying up some Pollock, it was either that or make a WallyWorld run and I didn't feel like going tonight.
I've never had pollock before but I do love fish.
@NJChicaa My favorite fish is catfish, but I am not gonna pay for it and it isn't quite fishing weather yet
@JolietJake I had catfish once. I didn't hate it but I didn't really love it. I think the cornmeal crust turned me off.
as for me, here in the Philippines it's Sunday of March 11, and it 7 am in the morning.. i'm having my hot coffee now along with rice and boil egg as for my breakfast... happy eating!
Good morning to you.
@NJChicaa yeah... good evening there to u...
@Spontaneo (1814)
Let me tell you, I was extravagant today... BLTs with potato chips for lunch. Burgers for dinner. I know myLotters, you have to compose yourself when I tell you about what I prepare...
Very fancy!
@Spontaneo (1814)
@NJChicaa I was only joking... Today was basically a bar food day...
@Spontaneo I know you were. I was just going with it.
I didn't have dinner as I had lunch 2:30 pm but just had a Bacon, beef and cheddar sandwich from Arby's and three potato patties from there also. I see in your replies your macaroni and cheese wasn't so good. I have always wanted to try and make it homemade but have never tried it despite finding good recipes? Not sure why though? I don't have an instapot, but it does sound like a good cooking thing if it takes so little time to cook things!
I will tweak the recipe next time to see if I can get a better flavor out of it.
@NJChicaa Can you tweak it and still have it turn out okay to eat? I am a little afraid to tweak recipes, the most significant tweak i make is to change the type of cheese that i added to the recipe to add more cheese than it says in the recipe. I am sure if you add your cooking magic to it that it will taste delicious next time. Today, i am making tacos for dinner!
I've been trying to find the perfect mac&cheese recipe using natural cheese - can't find it because everyone seems to like the Velveeta stuff . Tonight we are having leftover spaghetti (from the crockpot the other night).
I have a great traditional recipe for it but it involves the canned cheddar cheese soup.
I love macaroni and cheese and home made is the best way to make it.
Yeah but this recipe wasn't all that good. I wouldn't recommend it.
The weekly leftovers night.
Clean out the fridge night!
@KristenH (25158)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
That sounds deicious. I had Super Seared Ahi Tuna with half a baked potato and green tea.
I love tuna! Yum!
@KristenH (25158)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@NJChicaa It wasn't bad. At least I got it out of my system. Now I need to find more ahi tuna recipes for this spring.
• Denver, Colorado
I had a few White Castle burgers tonight.
chicken noodle soup