Using Pumpkin Pie Spice coffee creamer in different ways

I was given a brand new container of International delight Pumpkin Pie Spice liquid coffee creamer It was expiring soon so it needed to be used up. I used it in my coffee and did not like it so I got thinking it could probably be used in some recipes. So searched Pinterest and found a lot of recipes! The first one I tried was Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dip it didn’t have much flavor I think the recipe used to much cool whip. The second was a Pumpkin Smoothie. I didn’t have as much ice as I needed so that could be a reason it was too sweet and odd tasting. Third was a Caramel Pumpkin Spice latte. I didn’t want to drink it warm so I froze the coffee and creamer and made my kids and I an iced coffee version. It was good but not great. Fourth was Pumpkin Pie Spice French Toast. I thought this was absolutely delicious but my kids didn’t like it The last thing I made was Pumpkin Pie Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting. The cake itself didn’t have much flavor but the frosting was really good. I was surprised they didn’t add any of the creamer to the frosting though. The photo is the food I made. I still had more left in the container but it was past expiration by that point and I didn’t have the ingredients I needed to make anymore so I dumped it.
Please invite me to your home with all those food. I won't hesitate to eat all fo them!
@toniganzon anytime you are in the U.S. and want to come here feel free I will bake you lots of goodies. I love having people to share things with.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
When visiting, take a purgative with you. You might get spoiled beyond your expectations.
@mydanods I had no idea what a purgative was so I just looked it up No way! Laxatives are not good to take!
Everything you made sure looks good to me!!
@Corbin5 Pictures can be deceiving
I could try the toast with another flavor and would be happy if it was good. I guess I have to step foot in the store soon.
@sharon6345 I think that the recipes just needed more of the creamer is why they were mostly bland. What flavor creamer do you want to try in the French toast? I can share the link to the French toast recipe with the creamer if you want.
@shaggin must be caramel. and that would be nice. thank you.
@sharon6345 yumm I bet caramel would be amazing! I tried to copy and paste the link but for some reason it wouldn't let me so I shared the Pinterest link to your email.
Wow! You certainly cooked up a storm!!! It looks good, but I am not a fan of pumpkin except pumpkin seeds. lol
@DianneN I love almost anything pumpkin but not a huge fan of pumpkin spice flavored things. I have never had pumpkin pie seeds though.
@shaggin Pumpkin seeds are from the inside of a pumpkin. I used to make my own when we carved them with the kids for Halloween, but they can be bought without the trouble.
@DianneN yep I know both ways but have never tried them. I do like sunflower seeds but I buy them already removed from the shell and ready to eat.
I think I would have liked the French Toasts a lot.
@LadyDuck it was really good I would make it again if I come across that liquid creamer for very low cost.
@shaggin I always like French Toasts, no matter how they are prepared.
@LadyDuck I think it's okay but this was much better. My kids prefer the regular French toast I make. Recently instead of milk in the batter I used heavy cream and it was really good but they did not like that either
@Tina30219 (35205)
• Onaway, Michigan
All of them look good sorry to hear that they did not taste good. I hope it does not discourage you from using the creamer again.During the holiday times it is one of my favorite flavor of creamers I use and I love it. I never thought to try it in recipes though I like iced coffes so I might have to try that.
@Tina30219 I had tried this creamer in coffee one other time but I just do not like it. It was delicious in the French toast recipe although the rest of them could be a lot better.
@Tina30219 (35205)
• Onaway, Michigan
@shaggin Have you tried other brands of the pumpkin one? I prefer other brand over this one cantthink of the brand right now
@Tina30219 I'm not sure what the brand was that I tried last time it was a few years ago.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
They all look delicious even if they didn't taste good. I don't know what pumpkin flavour is like.
@Gillygirl I love anything pumpkin usually but all these things they flavor as pumpkin pie spice are never as good as I picture they will be. I am always sadly disappointed. At least the French toast was really good.
@Gillygirl (17361)
• Sutton, England
@shaggin At least that was something enjoyable. I must try pumpkin one day.
@Gillygirl ohh I did not realize until now you meant your hadn't ever had pumpkin I thought you just meant the creamer. Wow I hope you do get to try a pumpkin pie someday they are my favorite!
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
That looks so delicious
@Madshadi The french toast was but all the rest needed more flavor
@Madshadi (8922)
• Brussels, Belgium
@shaggin that’s ok. Next time you will make it better
@Madshadi yep now I know if I make them again I will know what to add to make them better.
I never thought to use a flavored creamer in recipes! I would totally try the french toast - but interesting that your kids didn't like it (how many times have I tried out recipes I thought my kids would love and they ended up taking a bite and that was it ). I guess a little creamer goes a long way for making all those things!
@much2say My kids are so picky but at least they tried it. It was so good so I was surprised they didn't like it. Most of the recipes I don't think had enough of the creamer in the recipe is why they were bland.
@shaggin I know with baked stuff, the recipes call for at least a cup of pureed pumpkin. Maybe the spices aren't as potent in the creamer. But using creamer with all of it in there sure sounds convenient!
@much2say some of the recipes called for canned pumpkin and creamer. In the one recipe if they omitted milk and just used creamer it would have tasted better.
@FourWalls (14719)
I have pumpkin spice tea, but that's as far as I go with pumpkin spice.
@FourWalls I love pumpkin so I have to try any products I see on the shelves that have it. Usually I am disappointed with the pumpkin spice things though.
@FourWalls (14719)
@shaggin -- the pumpkin spice tea tastes like the spices, not the pumpkin, so you would be disappointed in the tea.
@FourWalls that is the case with most all of the pumpkin spice foods I have tried.
@Icydoll (23621)
Very interesting recipe...nice pictures.. That's nice you are trying different recipes
I love trying new recipes so this was a great week
@Icydoll (23621)
@shaggin that's very good to know...keep sharing your recipes with us.
@Icydoll It would be boring I think if I did it often. I did make a new baked macaroni and cheese Sunday and Black Bottom Cupcakes but I did not like either lol I am very picky!
Those are some really innovative ways of using up the last of the creamer.
@Juliaacv thank goodness for all the recipes I found on Pinterest!
• Cuddalore, India
I never tried anyone of those. Interesting may be I will try in future
@Lignitecityabishek96 this is the first time I have used coffee creamer in new ways. I have only ever had it in my coffee before so this was fun trying all these new recipes. Do you like to cook?
• Cuddalore, India
@shaggin Sometime according to my mood .
@PatZAnthony (12892)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The aroma of pumpkin pie spice is so nice. We don't use it in the form of a coffee creamer, but do have in in the shaker form.
It sure does smell good. I love candles scented that way.
@bunnybon7 (37205)
• Holiday, Florida
the french toast looks like a new and good idea
@bunnybon7 it was so yummy!
• Midland, Michigan
I will drink creamer until there are lumps in it when pouring, maybe a week or two past the expiration. I've never gotten sick from doing that. I don't much like using that flavor in coffee either. I found it's quite good with hot chocolate. I'm surprised that it wasn't that great in the other recipes you tried, but maybe you'd need to add other ingredients to help the pumpkin taste be stronger. Maybe things like nutmeg or something else. Odd that your kids didn't much like the french toast.
@MarshaMusselman my kids are so picky! Some of these recipes I have written down to maybe try again in the future and added a note about what should be added for it to taste better next time. A lot of people I know will not eat anything past the expiration date or if they do they won't do that with dairy. I eat just about anything as long as it doesn't smell spoiled. Yesterday an orange I was peeling for my son was rotting on the bottom and had a bit of mold. Once I peeled it I saw it was not on the inside. I ate that one and gave my son a better looking one.
@KrauseHome (35526)
Could it have just been going bad to where nothing tasted that good? I am not a fan of Pumpkin myself though when it comes to coffee flavor etc
@KrauseHome nope it wasn't spoiled it just didn't have a flavor I liked and then the recipes I tried I don't think used enough of it to really give much taste. Most the recipes were just bland.
@thelme55 (14957)
Those looks delicious. I wonder if I could buy that pumpkin spice here where I am.
@thelme55 I am not sure where all it’s sold. I didn’t like it and likely would not but it again.
WOW If I can only try one of these it's amazing!
@Letranknight2015 If you lived nearby I would have been happy to share these with you
@tzwrites (4955)
A pumpkin latte sounds really good
@tzwrites I don't like the pumpkin spice flavor in a hot coffee so the latte to me wouldn't be good either so I made it into an iced coffee instead. It was okay that way but not great!