missing keys yesterday, missing keys today

https://pixabay.com/en/tools-padlocks-unlock-lock-access-2836961/
i couldn't find the keys to unlock the back gates yesterday. turns out someone left it in their pocket. but i had to search their room and the bathroom to find the shorts they had it in. today we couldn't open the sliding gate to the sliding glass doors. but this was just a small padlock so i wondered if i could use a paper clip. i couldn't find one, but saw an old rusting pair of metal folding scissors with pointed blades. inserting and twisting the left blade didn't work, and i briefly wondered if we have a bolt cutter. good thing the right blade unlocked it! as i opened the gate, screen, then glass, i saw the key in the space between the gate and screen. i'm glad the keychain is much, much bigger than the key, so i noticed it immediately. now i know where else to check if the key is missing again. what do you do when you can't find the keys? have you ever found a missing item in an unlikely place?
• Cuddalore, India
I lost my cupboard key in hostel .Then I broke the lock to open it. We usually loose our hostel room key and got scolding from warden frequently .
did you have to pay for the lost key and broken lock?
• Cuddalore, India
@hereandthere no not at all
@Lignitecityabishek96 then the warden just fixes or replaces it
I found a missing key in the place where it should have been - on its hanger but this was AFTER I'd checked there several times. I asked St Anthony for help and he must have taken pity on me and put the key back on its hook.
i learned about asking st. anthony from a co-worker
@hereandthere Have you ever called on him?
@JudyEv after she told me about it, yes. but i also like that i was able to calmly think about how to handle this situation. but with the big padlocks for the back gates, i doubt the paper clip or scissors would work!
@pitsipeahie (2059)
We've lost keys a couple of times. The last was a few months ago. We couldn't find the key for the main gate so we just decided to change the lock, buy a new one. So we bought a new padlock only to find a week after that the keys were in the couch sofa compressed in the crevices.
it's annoying when that happens. how did you open the main gate if the key was missing? how did the keys end up there?
@hereandthere It really is annoying. We don't know how it ended in the sofa. We thought we lost it somewhere else, outside. We have duplicate key but we changed the padlock for security reasons.
@Sreekala (22720)
In our home, my hubby misplace his bike's key mostly. One day he was furious and he could not find the key anywhere at house. Finally he took the spare key and on reaching the parking place some one given his key as he left the key in bike itself.
i'm glad they kept it for him! imagine if someone else drove it away!
@Sreekala (22720)
@hereandthere Yes, if some other got the same then his bike would have stolen. Luckily it got by some familiar people of him.
@KrauseHome (35025)
Missing keys can be a pain, especially when you find yourself not able to get in or out of places you are trying to get into. My husband cut up his hand good one time because he had locked the keys in the house, and tried climbing thru an open window and ended up shattering the glass in the window in the process.
ouch! talk about one thing after another!
@KrauseHome (35025)
@hereandthere Yes but when you have moments like this, it makes you appreciate the good times even more
@kepweng (13394)
im forgetful too and i Write in paper what should i do
i use my phone's calendar a lot to input reminders, things to buy, things to do, etc
Go through the window.
I have not lost my keys in so many years.
i'm glad they weren't lost, just misplaced.
@epiffanie (10413)
We always make sure that our keys are placed in the same place so we hardly have that problem of missing keys ..
Glad you found the key. When I lose my keys I search all over for them and eventually find them.
@mohit459 (11779)
• Haldwani, India
Ya, many times
@Thewings (636)
I have 2 pairs of keys.
@Madshadi (8937)
• Brussels, Belgium
I have broken so many of those in my lifetime. Eventually I learned to keep the key in one place and the spare in another
@Icydoll (14671)
I never lost keys...
I have never lost or not found my keys. I think I would use a paper clip or a hair clip.
@sol_cee (14386)
• Japan
In my own experience, I don't always get to find what I look for -keys or keys. It's always the case for me. So there. lol
I get frantic at once when I cannot find the key to our cabinet. I get angry because I know my hubby used it and forgot to return it to where it should be placed - always.
Break the lock.
@db20747 (7499)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
I'm always loosing my key Even the spare keys get lost!! When I go look for them they're gone!!!
@ridingbet (49961)
the car keys are usually kept upon entering our house, at the left top of the DVD stand. if it is not there, it is on the dining table.