Are we all becoming fashion victims?

@deba12 (2682)
Fashion has become an integral part of our lives. If we go out as we stay in our home or just by wearing a simple cloth, people talk at our backs or laugh in their sleeves. Today, we are ready to spend huge on makeup. Don't you think it's giving us artificial beauty by correcting our faults in appearance? Do you like to apply makeup? Should we keep it at bay or use it?
@Starmaiden (7377)
I've never been into fashion. If my butt and all other essentials are covered, that's all that matters. I dont care what others think. Sometimes I go out with holes in my pants just to get people's reactions. My favorite pair of track pants has the whole behind ripped out of them. Only the outer layer is ripped, not the inner layer. One day I put my yoga pants on and put my track pants on over them then went to the public library. A woman behind me at the library yelled loud enough for most to hear; "YOU GOT THE WHOLE BUTT RIPPED OUT OF YOUR PANTS!!! I turned to her and said as I was feeling my behind; "No way!!...Really??...Maybe I should take them off!" And I proceeded to take my track pants off at the library door. The woman yelled for me to stop, then she noticed my yoga pants and sputtered another complaint. I said; "See? My butt is covered!" :-D
@Maria24 (2163)
I don't use makeup.
@deba12 (2682)
hahaha, you're bit different in the matter of fashion. Go on dressing yourself as you like.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
Beauty, whether natural or artificial, is beauty. It depends on the eyes of the beholder. I prefer a woman who is beautiful in character.
@deba12 (2682)
Still the appearance matters, especially when you're related with a front-desk job.
@mydanods (6749)
• Nigeria
@deba12 Remember that you cannot satisfy everyone especially where you are at a front desk job. If you wear makeup some will hate it. If you don't wear makeup some will ask you why you don't. You just have to know what works for you and go for it.
Personally, I don't follow any trends. I just being comfortable wearing a shirt and a pair of jeans.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
I don't use makeup... And ya we have been changing... For me clothes doesn't matter much..
@deba12 (2682)
My father is also like you, He doesn't think much about changing clothes while going to a nearby place.
@mohit459 (12017)
• Haldwani, India
@deba12 ya.... I don't have to impress anyone na..
@anikoonline (3208)
• Hungary
I don't think that I am a fashion victim, but I like having pretty clothes and I use makeup. But I don't follow the newest fashion, I have my own choises.
@deba12 (2682)
We all like to dress ourselves in the way we think we're looking good. But, when we follows the trend blindly, we are becoming victims to it.
• Hungary
@deba12 Yes, following the trend is expensive. And most of the trends doesn't fit to everyone.
@Courage7 (11781)
I used to worry about all that, but no more. I just dress and look comfortable but I am retired.
@deba12 (2682)
Feeling comfortable in the way you dress and carrying it smartly is fashion to me.
@Courage7 (11781)
@deba12 Oh that is true.
If your respect is dependent upon others then you will feel bad for not being fashionable. If you dont give a heck what others think about you then you will feel ok. Fashion is something that will change with the time. You just need to find out the right selection for you. After all its actually beautiful to be a modern fashioned but you can understand people only in your simplicity.
@deba12 (2682)
That's right, fashion fades with time.
@Icydoll (23472)
I like to be simple always...I don't wear makeup
@deba12 (2682)
That's pretty cool!
@franxav (5423)
Don't be a slave to it. Keep it simple.
@deba12 (2682)
I am trying to keep it simple. However, my fashion-conscious friends always comment on my dress.
I wear makeup. I think some folks overdo it for sure.
@deba12 (2682)
When makeup is overdone, it looks ridiculous.