A Kiddie Party

BirthdayCTDeGuzman
@mlgen1037 (7505)
Manila, Philippines
Hello! As promised, I am writing about the birthday I attended last Saturday, March 24, 2018. It is the first birthday of the son of my high school “barkada” (means close friends) with a Baby Shark theme. It was celebrated somewhere in the metro area and the place was jam-packed with children and adults alike. I was actually late that when I got there, everyone was eating. But the fun had not started yet. Outside and inside the venue were surrounded by food of all sorts (hotdogs, pasta, Mongolian, doughnuts, ice cream, sashimi, sushi, maki, rice, and of course the ever famous lechon or roasted pig). There was a photobooth and play area for the kids. The party wont be complete without the games, magic, balloons turned to different animals, mascots, and the souvenirs. My friends and I had a blast and though we didnt get loot bags (which is actually for the kids), we got bath salts as a souvenir. We had our pictures taken with the family and were full that we actually jogged/walked after the party. So thats it for now. How about you? What were your most memorable or worst kiddie party experience? Share your memories. Thank you! Image: photo is mine. Credits to my friend who shared it in our group.
@Jessabuma (6377)
• Baguio, Philippines
It seemed you enjoyed the party, I am happy to hear that. I never tried to attend a grand celebration of birth day. It's always simple.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Thank you, Jessa. Lets just say, I do not like going to posh parties as well but then those are the kinds of friends I have. I have tried to avoid going to such events as I am not an avid fan of grand celebrations. But the fact that I will be able to see my friends makes me excited to go.
@Jessabuma (6377)
• Baguio, Philippines
@mlgen1037 I also want to experience attending grand party celebration like that.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@Jessabuma oh okay. You should try it sometime. Do you have friends who have children that will celebrate their birthdays soon? Hope you dont mind me asking, but why do you want to attend grand party celebrations?
@rakski (5319)
love kiddie parties but hate it when they call the adults to participate in the games
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Hahaha I have experienced that too. But its fun when you play the games.
@rakski (5319)
@mlgen1037 oh yes, depending on the games
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@rakski and then more fun if you win the game. The adults are more excited than the kids. Haha
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
The last time I, my nephews and nieces was in Jollibee. It was my cousin's baby first birthday and kids are invited and since my nephews and nieces are too young I need to accompany them as the best Aunt ever. I took them photos and even have them play with games and won something. I remember Basty, touch the balls of Jollibee, and ask me why does Jobee doesn't have balls?
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
That is funny! He is a brave young boy. So happy to see kids happy and enjoying the party. Did you join games wherein the adults are the players?
@JustBhem (30202)
• Davao, Philippines
@mlgen1037 Nope. I get tired whenever there is an extra activity. I just took photos.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@JustBhem oh yeah. My apologies, I forgot. But as long as your nephews and nieces are happy and enjoying, it makes you happy too. You captured the moments and I think that is much better.
• Preston, England
a shark themed party sounds great - most kids parties I went to were lovely but pretty conventional - the Worst was at a Macdonalds as it was so commercialized to the franchise that it was painful to see but the kids there loved it
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes and imagine the Baby Shark song was performed by three mascots. The children were enjoying and dancing. So cute. I think the kids wont mind where the venue is as long as they are having fun and all we can do is just shake our heads.
• Preston, England
@mlgen1037 not every party took place there - doubt if they would allow it - the burgers would start tasting good
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@arthurchappell hahaha that would be great!
@augusta123 (3365)
I was a party freak then,miss those days I'm more indoors now
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes, I feel the same. It is just the friends that I am after now. I do not get to see them that often.
@mlgen1037 yea,miss my childhood friends alot.Adulthood can be so boring
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@augusta123 I agree to that. But we need to deal with it.
@LeaPea2417 (18415)
• Toccoa, Georgia
When my first son was very young, we went to a few of his friends birthday parties. I also had a couple of birthday parties for him where I invited some of his young friends. All the parties were fun experiences.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
And memorable too! Birthdays are also a good way of making new friends. Your son had one of the best childhood ever. He got invited and had parties. Awesome!
@LeaPea2417 (18415)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@mlgen1037 Yes, it was a special time.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@LeaPea2417 for sure. Thanks for sharing, Marie.
I had a few for my daughter and the only part upsetting was the cleaning afterwards.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
I can totally agree with on the cleaning afterwards part. But I am sure your daughter had a blast.
@mlgen1037 Yes and that was the sweetest thing. You know for a long while on my birthday she had a party and on hers. it was something she truly enjoyed. She will be 24 in May. I am hoping to have something nice for her. I am thinking $100 dinner for her and a few friends. I am frugal so that is why I say a $100.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@sharon6345 $100 is considered big for us here. One can treat at least 20 people with the $100. Your daughter is now 24? IS she the one in your profile pic? I thought she is younger around 15 or something. I am sure she would be happy with your gift.
@Berrygal (1636)
• South Africa
love party too
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Hahaha nothing beats parties celebrated with your favorite people.
@Berrygal (1636)
• South Africa
@mlgen1037 party is relaxing
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
@Berrygal and dont forget, FUN!
@ridingbet (43559)
my son had birthday celebrations when he was in elementary grade. now, no more since he is already a young adult. hehehe
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Wow! Our childhood days is complete with those birthday party celebrations. And as we grow up, we celebrate it with family and close friends.
@ridingbet (43559)
@mlgen1037 that is true. every birthday too, my son buys me a cake roll.
I'm glad you had a great day. My favorite party was for my best friend. She had never had a birthday party, so I threw her a surprise kids party. We all had a blast playing the kids games, and I bought prizes for the games as well that were kid themed. She had a wonderful day and told me it was the best party ever.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Awesome! She’s got a great friend! It is not everyday that you know that a friend will throw a party, and a surprise party for that matter, for another friend. And it looks like all of you had a blast!
@mlgen1037 We did. I gave it to her while both of us still had our kids at home, so it was even better.
My favorite birthday party was a Snow White themed slumber party my mama had for me when I was 11.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Wow, Marie! Youre lucky. I wished my mom would have done that for me. How many kids did you invite in your slumber party?
@quantum2020 (8560)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
It seems like you attended a very crowded and full of surprises party. My best kid´s party was when I was 5 or 6 years old. I remember having lots of fun but not many things only a cake and kids fun. My worst was probably one that I attended but it ended soon due to the rain. It was fun anyway
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes, that party was too big for a one year old. But well I had fun because of the food and picture taking and my friends were there. Awesome! I think the very fact that you had fun even if there were just a cake or few foods, makes it all the more enjoyable and priceless. Not all of us get to be invited in such events even when we were kids.
Lots of good food, yum, yum.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
there were lots of them there. Inside and outside the events place. hehe
@Freelanzer (7697)
I always enjoyed the birthday parties I had for my kids had and I am sure the ones they went to which were many, they enjoyed too.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Thats cool!!! Kiddie parties are the best and a child was pretty cool if he or she gets invited to a party.
@YrNemo (10293)
We were invited to a Filippino/Portugese 3 month old birthday party once. I was shocked at the extravagance of the occasion. Guests were invited to sit at a long table and were served with 3 or 4 course meal (in a very luxurious hotel). After the party, each were given a fancy gift to bring home. Mama Mia, almost like attending a wedding!
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Wow that was truly fancy. I guess nowadays, birthday celebrations had drastically changed over time, particularly when its first birthday. Super grandiose. I bet my friend’s son’s bday would be in awe in the party.
@epiffanie (8949)
Kidd party sounds like fun .. for the adults..
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Yes because we can eat what they eat and we can play games too.
@crossbones27 (17369)
• Redlands, California
Sounds like they enjoyed it and way to go all out for your son.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Oh yes they enjoyed it with all those mascots, foods and the souvenirs. Hehehe If that is my son, he would be travelling somewhere else for a first birthday. It is my friend’s son. They really put parties to the next level. Hahaha
I think we just had simple Christmas party but the meal is what counts. Good for your kid having a nice Christmas party.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Thats true! And the thought that you are with your loved ones is something to cherish too. It is not my kid and it is not a Christmas party though. Hehehe
I went to a few of those parties in my life. They are fun
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
I am sure you do, my friend.
Wow, it's been awhile since I had lechon.
@mlgen1037 (7505)
• Manila, Philippines
Hahaha. Actually the lechon was the star of the party. It was taken by storm.