A Simple Post.

Pexels photo.
How often have you posted a discussion and find that some readers of that discussion fail to get your meaning? Some days ago, I noticed a member going back and forth trying to explain to a responder who had failed to grasp what the post was all about. Wouldn't that be frustrating on both sides? for the writer and the responder?. What do you do when a post is not clear enough for you? Do you walk on by or request an explanation? Well, we do get paid for our interactions - so, should we keep our posts simple? This is a simple post.
I hope that none of my posts confuse anyone, but if they do I wouldn't have a problem trying to explain
I don't recall ever seeing a hard to understand post by you.
@kevin1877uk (36989)
I guess some people don't read all the post and only just the title and comment
Especially when it is a lengthy one.
@kevin1877uk (36989)
@Kandae11 Yeah totally.
@vandana7 (68535)
I do read kevin. I need to. I have to learn English.
Responders don't always ready lengthy posts, and some don't even read short ones. I've seen this happening until someone stops the frustrating back and forth explaining.
It can be frustrating when there are other posts there waiting to be read.
@kobesbuddy (57432)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I've written posts and it was obvious, when someone hadn't read it.
• Peoria, Arizona
Happens to me all the time! And I have written about it. I have gotten over it now, I just have to accept that not everyone knows what I am talking about. Majority don't know what I am talking about, and it happens!
It can be frustrating when you wish to get a point across.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Kandae11 I feel like I get my point across, but I also write in ways that some people might find confusing haha
@kobesbuddy (57432)
• East Tawas, Michigan
But, Felicia that's to be expected, when two individuals are looking at something, from two totally different viewpoints.
On my posts I explain once, if its still beyond them I let it go.
Same here - but if it is absolutely necessary I must see it through.
@kobesbuddy (57432)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I mean, what is so hard to understand, when a person clearly explains what's going on? It shouldn't have to be clarified, for another member.
@ramapo17 (25820)
• Melbourne, Florida
So far the only ones that ask me questions a lot are from other countries and I can see that they do no understand some of our language or way of living.
If a post is not clear or too long I skip it
Best instead of making a comment which shows that it has not been read or understood.
@Kandae11 I just do not like long posts and feel frustrated if they come from my regular users.
@allknowing I do not think I am guilty of that.
I had t his problem on my good and bad news.Trying to explain. As for me take me awhile to read the post and decide what to say. Does not have anything to do with a simple post. You can post anything you want.They will always be someone questioning.This is normal. Now what is this post about
The problem you just mentioned having on your post. Gotcha there!
@ramapo17 (25820)
• Melbourne, Florida
You are absolutely right @amadeo.
I think my posts are simple. There are times I'm kidding about something but some don't seem to get it.
Differences in sense of humor definitely.
@vandana7 (68535)
I am here to learn English and all its nuances from different regions. So I would request an explanation.
English is my native language , yet there are times when I have failed to grasp what another whose native tongue is also English means - it isn't all about the language.
@vandana7 (68535)
@Kandae11 Pony often uses language that I feel lost at. Earlier, I couldn't follow English of people out here. But now I do quite a bit.
@vandana7 One can learn here in a more relaxed environment.
@sprite1950 (14496)
• Corsham, England
I think it's because English is not the first language of some MyLot members. I often write something and then wonder if the language I have used is too complicated so I will go back and change it,
Sometimes it is more the subject matter than the words. Yes, seeing this is an international site I try to use words that are easily recognisable.
@suni51 (2991)
You are right, so even if I ever faced that I won't mind
I have explained a point when the response clearly shows a misunderstanding but gently of course.
Yes indeed, how it is handled does make a difference.
Sometimes I've tried to explain something. It can be hard when the reader has no background knowledge of what you are talking about. But I always try to clarify things.
I would try too because I would like my meaning to be clear.
@spiderdust (7535)
• San Jose, California
I've run into that a few times, and occasionally I suspect that it's because the responder didn't read my post very closely.
That is probably the case sometimes.
@Starmaiden (7636)
I remember once having to ask a person to elaborate because I didnt understand what they were asking. I never received a response so I gave up on it. :-)
I would do that if the post is really interesting. Maybe the writer of that discussion was not too sure either.
You have a very good point. Not being able to get the gist of a post would most likely have users giving up and moving on to a post they can easily comprehend.
On a busy day new posts keep coming in every few minutes - there is so much to read and so little time.
• Uzbekistan
I've moved out of comment threads when it was clear that the discussion would lead nowhere.
That would be the best move.
• Uzbekistan
@Kandae11 I even mention this occasionally. "I'm leaving this comment thread now because I can't follow anymore who has said what and to whom and why." Something like that.
@MALUSE I have noticed. And some threads can be very long as well.
I keep all of my discussions simple. I have read some I do not understand so I just pass them up.
I might ask for clarification in my initial comment - and if that isn't forthcoming then I will leave it alone.
@Kandae11 That is all that you can do.
@ramapo17 (25820)
• Melbourne, Florida
@jstory07 I do that some times to.
@Daelii (6180)
If they misunderstand it, I try to reword/ explain it better. I'm very guilty of long posts. I could type forever. :) so I don't mind reading them. A few times ive had to ask people questions because I didn't understand it the first two times!
I won't mind reading the if my faulty internet connection will allow me. On a bad day it takes me five or ten minutes for one comment to go through.
@Daelii (6180)
@Kandae11 I totally understand! Lately stuff loads great except its some pop up adds! I back out and lose what I was trying to read!
@Daelii I love reading longer posts and I usually can’t keep my posts short either lol even when it bugs others oh well they don’t have to read them and I don’t have to read there short posts. @Kandae11 that’s terrible your internet is that slow. I couldn’t stand being online at all if things took so long I would get frustrated.
Yes, sometimes, especially people from another country do not grasp your meaning. The thing I find a bit more frustrating though is when someone grabs onto just one part of the post, and then everyone starts talking about that one thing. Also, if someone gets something wrong then it seems like a whole group of people do as well.
Not referring only to those from different countries - it happens with everyone - across the board.
@Kandae11 It can, but it is more common with those from another country.
I like to understand everything I read; If I am not sure and need clarification, I will ask a question or two. If I do not still understand something, I will not carry on asking question after question. At least I do not think I do that? Do I do that from what you have noticed?
From what I have noticed - no , you do not do that.