powerINTERRUPTION

@ridingbet (52821)
Twice we had power interruption. Twice I called up the electric cooperative. Now, I am again worried if there will be another power disruption, and I might not be able to check on my notifications again. A Street near where we live is the main reason of the brownout. There was a blast and the linemen are there fixing the light post. The transformer was the problem. So before the lights will go off again, I have to say goodnight and see you tomorrow.
@Jessabuma (27951)
• Baguio, Philippines
Hopefully they will fix the light post successfully very soon.. have a good night.. God bless you
@ridingbet (52821)
the transformer was in the light post, hija. it caused the transformer to give a loud bang and the light post was turned off
@Jessabuma (27951)
• Baguio, Philippines
@ridingbet ohh I see.. did they fixed it already?
@ridingbet (52821)
@Jessabuma yes. now we have light, though an hour ago, we had a 3 minute power disruption.
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
See you tomorrow, Ingrid. Hope the linemen will be able to fix it. Good night, my friend.
@ridingbet (52821)
good Thursday morning to you, hija. how was your night? no brownouts? hahaha
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
@ridingbet Good afternoon, Ingrid. It was okay but I have been having headaches because dehydration. No brownouts but it was hot even with the electric fans on.
@ridingbet (52821)
@mlgen1037 right on that. when i drove this morning, it was windy, but the wind was so hot, it can burn skin. i brought along a bottle of cold water to quench my thirst.... and jolly biscuits too.
@ridingbet ingrid, I believe most people understand about power outtages. They are very annoying especially if you are in the middle of doing something on the computer or elsewhere. I hope they do not go off again.
@ridingbet (52821)
well, since it is summer here, we expect power interruptions, but i wish it won't last 12 hours or more.
@ridingbet ingrid, that is a long time for the power to be out.
@ridingbet (52821)
@Hannihar yes and we can do it anyhow
@sabtraversa (13326)
The last time we had power interruption it was because of a minor flood. I don't mind these events unless I'm working on something that requires electricity, of course. Lately, the wind and rain made the internet slower, but no big deal. Good to hear you won't be likely to be interrupted for some time.
@ridingbet (52821)
we have short brownouts, like a while ago. but having power interruptions lasting for 8 or more hours, i think our refrigerator will be defrost already.
@sabtraversa (13326)
@ridingbet 8+ hours is a nightmare, definitely.
@ridingbet (52821)
@sabtraversa how much more for 2 months? hahaha. we had that on September of 2016.
Let's hope the power will not go off again, good luck to you and good night.
@ridingbet (52821)
thank you. it seems the power interruption will be 'normal' here in my country because our dams are losing much volumes of water so they cannot generate electricity
@ridingbet Fresh water is becoming a problem in many countries.
@ridingbet (52821)
@LadyDuck yes, especially now that summer is extremely hot and there are health problems like dehydration and heatstroke.
I'm sorry you had a power disruption. I hope it was fixed and everything is back on as it should be.
@ridingbet (52821)
we hoped that there will be no more; glad that was the last one. but this morning at 8:35, there was a quick brownout again.
@ridingbet At least it was quick.
@ridingbet (52821)
@just4him yes, but because of the water shortage, like the dams' water levels are decreasing, we expect water shortage and power interruption occurring again
@neelia_lyn (2004)
Only in the Philippines, lol. I hope there's no power interruption as of now, considering it's now hot because of the summer season. Sleep tight!
@ridingbet (52821)
i did sleep tight. yes, our dams are getting low levels of water so the electricity cannot manage to be sent to other posts.
@ridingbet Ah, yes, I understand.. It hasn't rained for a long while, maybe that's why.
@ridingbet (52821)
@neelia_lyn our electricity is water-generated, or hydroelectric power.
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
Hope that all problems are fixed . Last Saturday we had a terrible storm and that causes power failure.
@ridingbet (52821)
but now, is your electricity restored?
@shshiju (10492)
• Cochin, India
@ridingbet Yes . It was only one day problem.
@ridingbet (52821)
@shshiju that is good to know. here, we are expecting for more power interruptions because our dams' water levels are decreasing
Oh, no! How frustrating. Hope it's repaired quickly.
@ridingbet (52821)
there were no more power interruption after the second. i went to bed after watching tv. there will be a scheduled power interruption on the 22nd and we are spared from that.
@ridingbet Glad to hear it!
I hope your tomorrow is one that has the power has no interruptions.
@ridingbet (52821)
we had a quick brownout at 8:35; hopefully there will be no more throughout the day
@Berrygal (4391)
Have a great nite rest
@ridingbet (52821)
i did. hello to you
@dya80dya (2943)
Good night! I think they will fix it soon.
@ridingbet (52821)
the power did not go off after the 2nd. it was a cool night because of the fan.
I hope your power stays on so you can do your mylotting!
@ridingbet (52821)
it was a good night for me. i slept after i posted this discussion because i fear power might go off unscheduled again.
@Icydoll (19460)
I hope the lineman fix the problem soon... Sleep well my dear friend...good night
@ridingbet (52821)
yes, i slept well last night. the scheduled power interruption on the 22nd excludes my locality.
@aureliah (16134)
Power disruption can really be frustrating. So much comes to a stop when this happens
@rheicel (7331)
Hope the electricity will come back soon.