the weekend that wasn't.

Ponce De Leon, Florida
You may or may not of noticed that I haven't really been around the last few days. This weekend wasnt really a weekend at all, especially Saturday. I was scheduled to work from 830 am to 130 pm. And I worked that, as well as the two other cashier shifts that day. I worked from 830 that morning till 915 that night. The cashier who was supposed to close called in and quit. Then the mid day cashier called in sick. So I offered to stay late, and then it turned out that I was the only one who would work. It was a long day. Yesterday was a normal day but I was still worn out from the day before. So I didnt really have a weekend. How was yours?
Did you get paid time and a half for the extra hours?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
ha. That's a funny joke. I was still under 40 hours so no. We don't even get time and a half for holidays.
@thislittlepennyearns Some places have time and a half when over 8 hours. Dollar Tree is dollar and not dollar and a half I guess.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JohnRoberts if I work after ten pm and before 7 am I make an extra dollar an hour.
I'm sorry you worked so much on Saturday. That was a long day. My weekend was good.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Is there still snow out there for you?
@thislittlepennyearns Oh yes, lots of it. There are mountains of snow everywhere with all the plowing that was done the last couple days.
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Wow, I’m really sorry to hear that you were stuck working all day. That is not cool. Someone should have come in and helped.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
There wasn't anyone. Well we called everyone they were either out of town or sick.
@dodo19 (33043)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@thislittlepennyearns Sorry that no one could come in. At least it should mean more money for you.
It does sound like you had a very long and tiring time at work. Are you off today?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Yeah. I am .
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Yeah. I am .
@KrauseHome (35320)
Wow!! Reminds me of when I was a Cashier at a Convenience store and everyone was always calling in so I would have to work over. My Monday was good. Worked our first day doing Uber Eats until I got a really Bad headache. Came home just as it was starting to pour down heavy rain so it was all good. Going to go back out tonight.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
How doea uber eats work?
That store needs to hire more reliable help. My weekend was Ok..nothing exciting other than the free stuff on Friday and Saturday which I wrote about.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Ill have to catch up on your posts this morning. Yeah. They really do. Or they need to make me an assistant manager so I can be full time.
@LeaPea2417 (21129)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I don't know how you do it. Many years ago, my husband was a store manager for Fred's Discount. It is a lot like Dollar Tree. He only worked there 6 months because of the constant turnover of employees and everything he was expected to do. It was like he would have been married to the store, if he didn't quit. He would have had no life, if he had stayed.
We had a fairly nice weekend other then the cold and wet weather
@Jessabuma (33119)
• Baguio, Philippines
It seems you had a busy weekend.. I had a good weekend.. Make time to rest
@mlgen1037 (29647)
• Manila, Philippines
Some people can think they can just run and go and here you are expected not to do the same. It was a good weekend seeing friends and getting drunk.