More questions than answers on Mylot earnings

more questions than answers, mylot earnings. Image [pixaby]
I still have questions about the Mylot earnings program after all these years. Let me say I am not here for the money, but I am always interested in how things really work. How do we really earn at Mylot. Reading the earnings information, this is my understanding. We earn if we: start a discussion respond to a discussion comment in a discussion But then it says how much we earn depends on how much interaction we have on our post. If there is no interaction or miminal interaction on a post we write then we earn little or nothing. So you can write 10 posts a day and if you have no visitors, then you have essentially wasted a lot of time. Right or wrong? But what about responses and comments in a discussion? Does this mean that if we don't post or don't get interaction on our post, we still earn from our responses and comments in other people's discussion.? What about views on Google? If a post has little interaction on Mylot but hundreds of views on Google, do we get a piece of that pie? Also if a post has lots of interaction on Mylot but very little visits on Google do you earn less? As I said more questions than answers. How well do you understand the Mylot earnings program?
@sabtraversa (13019)
Discussions, responses and comments are eligible for earnings, it doesn't mean they create earnings by themselves, as we learned with time that interaction is what makes us earn. MyLot earns from the views, but we can only get a piece of that pie if we get interaction. The size of the pie might be updated hourly, daily, I don't know, but we must get interactions in that period of time in order to receive a share. Well, this is only the most common belief.
I understand the getting interaction part I am confused with the "giving" part
@sabtraversa Not sure if that is the best way to evaluate value, but that is their way and I understand why. It is always about traffic which translates to $ regardless of "quality"
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
I have responded to this discussion so you will earn from it. I do not earn unless you comment back to me. We only get paid for the actions of others. Views don't count either.
Are you saying we don't also earn if we comment on another person's post? I notice my bank rising the more I comment so what does that mean?
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
@Freelanzer We don't actually earn for our own comments. However the more we comment then we're more likely to get replies from other users. Therefore our balance goes up faster. I hope this makes sense. You earned from my 1st response, then I earned from your comment back to me. Now you are earning from this comment.
Thanks for your input.
@1hopefulman (27588)
Very simply, we only earn on responses and a bit on likes we get to our our discussions and comments and so it is very important to have conversations where we get responses. You will earn on my comment and like. I earn nothing unless you respond to this commnet.
Its getting clearer. I earn if I you respond to my discussion and you earn if I respond to your comment. The more back and forth in a discussion, therefore, benefits both parties and that is what I was trying to understand.
@1hopefulman (27588)
@Freelanzer Yes, and I earned something from your response and now you will earn something because I responded to your response and that is interaction and that is what it's all about.
@1hopefulman Well that makes sense. Did you used to be a school teacher by any chance?
I am still fuzzy as to how we earn on myLot. I see that some below have explained things pretty well.
There are some good explanations but like you I am still fuzzy too. Anyway it is not only Mylot, every other writing site I have been on it was never absolutely clear how exactly we made money
@mlgen1037 (25663)
• Manila, Philippines
Then I really feel sorry for those members who do not get a lot of responses. If we are to base the earnings in the responses made in a discussion, and I do not get much responses, what does that leave me? We cannot make everyone to be interested in what we say since we all different likes. I cannot even believe that even the most nonsense topic can have more responses than those that are really worth the time reading. So I am just wondering.
And that is where the dilemma lies and why I have questions. There are those who write, get comments, earn money but rarely comment on the posts of others and in many cases never respond to the comment they get. So does this mean that the person who leaves the comment get nothing but they who only wrote a one liner is the only one who earns in this specific case?
@Gillygirl (17277)
• Sutton, England
@Freelanzer This scenario happens but users soon suss out those post and run types so the responses on their posts dwindle.
@Gillygirl Yes I could see that happening
@Jessabuma (21497)
• Baguio, Philippines
I totally agree with @thehousewife .. you will only earn if you received likes and comments from others...
Some good answers but still not totally clear
@Jessabuma (21497)
• Baguio, Philippines
I don't understand any of this either and usually those who try to help just confuse me further - which of course says more about me than them!
I know what you mean and that is exactly how I feel.
@Icydoll (15189)
Only interaction we get back is only main thing on Mylot my dear friend .
I do understand interaction but just digging deeper about how it all comes together and translates to earnings
@Freelanzer I understand what you are saying. It does not matter how long we are here there is always something we want to know. I guess for me I understand the basics that you have to earn as much as you can by the end of the month and what you make over that is where you start after they pay you. That is fine for me to know that.
That is as much as I know too
@Freelanzer Did others give you more information than that?
@Hannihar I got a lot of information but too much information can be conflicting at times. But it is OK. I am not here for the money I just like to know how things work.
I skimmed over your comments and am still confused. I guess my response is earning you money and I get nothing in return? So confusing.
According to one of the responses here, I get paid when you comment and you get paid from my response. I kind of like that explanation as it is a win win situation and not a one way street. Like you I am still not totally clear but having worked with corporations and other online sites for years - there are always more questions than answers concerning rules and regulations and I think that is the way it is intended to be.
@Itspaul (100)
@Freelanzer nice.. thanks for the info. and sharing this.
@Shiva49 (12665)
I know it is through our interactions, more for the responses we get. I have no clue about the details and individual components of the earnings - siva
And I don't think we will ever get an answer as far as the details go. Yes basically it is interaction but I know there is more to it but I guess it doesn't matter. I was just trying to probe a bit deeper.
@Shiva49 (12665)
@Freelanzer I know they have some algorithms that are not revealed to prevent "gaming the system" - siva
@Shiva49 Now that makes sense.
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
We monly earn from the interaction of others, not what we do ourselves. Any discussion you post hopefully will generate responses, as that is how you earn. Interaction is the key here, as like I said, we only earn from the interaction of others. It doesn't ,matterif it is a response or comment, as long as you get interaction on that topic you will earn. You don't earn for any discussion you make and you get not responses or comments. It is easy to understand what you read the guidleines and post enough. Just keep interacting with others, so they will interact with you.
Thanks for you input
@rosekiss (30276)
• Eugene, Oregon
@Freelanzer You are welcome as I like to help others as much as I can.
@YrNemo (11876)
I never tried to understand how things work here. Mylot with me is: to login, saying hello and tease friends, then back to reality. Now and then I would tell people here something, then disappear again for a while. Hope you figure out in the end so that I could read this post and get the final answer .
Not sure there would ever be a final answer. I like your style it's the best option - don't try to understand.
@YrNemo (11876)
@Freelanzer I can't afford the time really. As it is, I am over the hill, my days on this earth are limited, I have to be smart or life will surely pass me by.
@porwest (4260)
It is a complete mystery to me at this point,
And the mystery continues. We know the basics but I don't think we will ever know the intricate details of it all.
@porwest (4260)
@Freelanzer Maybe it is for the better. Less room for people to game the system, or attempt to.
Well I still don't really know, I will post discussion, answer every one, comment on their discussions. I just do everything there is to do.. I have only cashed out I think once this year, because I am not on as much these days..
Same here, I only cashed out once this year. I guess you just have to go with the flow as there will always be unanswered questions.
@Freelanzer that is very true.
@garymarsh6 (13647)
I am completely clueless about it to be honest! I enjoy interacting the payments when they come are an added bonus!
You are not the only one and sane here as far as the money is concerned.
@id_peace (6228)
I feel that don’t think of it as a zero sum game but think of how to create a win win situation so that both will benefit from the interaction
It is necessary that all participants gain something from this - those who give are equally important as those who get.
@SAM774 (3714)
i hope you got your answer by now....lol... well i will just say enjoy
A good discussion. I got some answers and I am sure others benefited too.
• Northampton, England
I think its rigged.
Hmm! More questions than answers!
@dodoazo (17875)
Why not reread the earning program of myLot.?
This is where you will learn all about the myLot Earnings Program