Seeing the sister-in-law tomorrow morning

This should be fun. . . Wait. No. It won’t be fun at all. She is recently released from residential (government) rehab and is living in a halfway house. She is out on a weekend pass and staying with her (ex)husband, his girlfriend, and her son. Isn’t that cozy? She needs to come here to go through all of the $hit we have of hers to get clothes I guess. She also wants to “hang out” with my husband. He told her to show up at 10am with a flashlight and she was on her own going up in the attic because he can’t go up there with his new hip. He also said he has no interest in “hanging out” with her. As soon as she is done she needs to go. I am going to try to be out of the house while she is there as I have no interest in seeing or speaking to her. No good will come of it. My husband told me to remind him to punch her in the face so I think he’d like to be out of the house too.
Eek! Though we're in a different situation, I certainly can relate to wanting to punch a particular in-law (and the grown kids) in the face. Your sister in law is lucky that you guys have kept any of her stuff at all!
I know.
@Tina30219 (32884)
• Onaway, Michigan
I hope she gets there gets her stuff and gets out right away.
me too
@Tina30219 (32884)
• Onaway, Michigan
@NJChicaa Right.
Oh you are not being funny but i am laughing. i hope you both make it through that visit. i hope for sure.
She is a supposedly recovering heroin junkie for the second time. I won't even get into how messed up her son is. Her brother has no patience for her BS or interest in "hanging out" with her as they have no relationship these days.
@NJChicaa I pretty much knew it was something. I know how that is for sure. I have stopped all contact with kay. I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
• Eugene, Oregon
That sounds like a very tense day. I hope it went okay.
It is happening tomorrow.
• Eugene, Oregon
@NJChicaa Good luck!
@dodo19 (31996)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
That doesn't sound like a fun time. She doesn't sound like the type of person many want to spend time with. Hopefully, she doesn't stay long.
I hope not.
That throws a wet blanket on your weekend.
I agree. I am hoping to avoid her.
Fortunately, I have no inlaws, but do hope she gets her things and leaves immediately. She doesn't sound like somebody you want around your house. Hopefully, you will find somewhere you can go.
Sorry to hear that. Hope she doesn't stay around long.
lets keep a happy medium there.
@mandala100 (36127)
@NJChicaa Alright my friend it's not a meet and greet thing. Have nice day!