Eternal life...would it be good or bad for us ??

Kajang, Malaysia
I wish i could live forever especially now that i have kids of my own. The idea of not being there for them in the future saddens me sometimes. I would love to grow old with my babies but sadly we can't live forever. My hubby says having an eternal life will make one very miserable for there's no end to it. What do you think ?
@mlgen1037 (29619)
• Manila, Philippines
I would like to be the same too but I want to have an eternal life where my soul is free and devoid of pain.
• Kajang, Malaysia
Have you watch the movie Coco ( cartooon ) ?
@Samrani (128)
@Angelonia Isn't it a chicken cartoon
@mlgen1037 (29619)
• Manila, Philippines
@Angelonia Not yet. But I want to see that movie. Is it nice?
@1hopefulman (28331)
If one loves life than it would be good but if one hates life than it would be bad. We are individuals. However, there would have to be no pain, suffering, old age or evil of any kind. I for one am looking forward to living forever.
• Kajang, Malaysia
True . I wouldnt want an eternal live full of sadness and suffering. I wonder why God gave us 1 life and a cat 9 ? Though i know its to appreciate the value of life more but still....
@1hopefulman (28331)
@Angelonia Have you ever read the Bible? What are your thoughts on what it says about everlasting life?
• Kajang, Malaysia
@1hopefulman i have never read the bible so i cant say anything about. Sorry.
@Samrani (128)
I agree with you I wish also of eternal life and I believe it's not miserable if person have strength n nice things around. I believe that God hear prayers so lets pray for eternal life. Science is researching and we hope for good
• Kajang, Malaysia
Might be good for us but what about mother nature...if we do go on living forever..
• Kajang, Malaysia
@Samrani agree
• Preston, England
if we had immortality and could still have children we would become an over-populating plague
• Kajang, Malaysia
A disturbing thought yet there is a possibility of it turning into a plague. This has got me thinking of zombies ...
• Preston, England
@Angelonia yes, that is a kind of eternal life
• Kajang, Malaysia
@arthurchappell i wouldnt want to be a zombie though. I want to spend the rest of my life being with my kids not eating them !
@simplfred (2663)
I think your hubby has a point. Because what if you have eternal (flesh) life but your loved ones don't have it. Having an eternal life would be a gift but also a curse at the same time.
• Kajang, Malaysia
Yes ur right. I think it works better if everyone has it...other wise is indeed a curse.
• Kajang, Malaysia
@simplfred i hope so too
@id_peace (6907)
I want an eternal life to go for cultivation.
• Kajang, Malaysia
Could u elaborate on that plz ?
@id_peace (6907)
There are so many things to learn on the surrounding, nature, universe and how is it related to us.
• Kajang, Malaysia
@id_peace ok i get you . Very true...
That would be miserable as we tend to grow in age and we are going to have age related problems and we need to face them that would be unending in nature.
• Kajang, Malaysia
Unless you have the fountain of youth with you. But even with that , would you want to live on forever ?? How old are you ? Im 250 years old ! yikes !!
@Angelonia , yes, that would be too boring too with all people looking alike around us.
• Kajang, Malaysia
@CuriousCat ...like a double headed sword ya !
@redhotpogo (4398)
It would be great. All the things that I could learn. The places I could go. The things that I could see and do.
• Kajang, Malaysia
I know right ?! Sounds super exciting !
@buenavida (8009)
• Sweden
God has promised to give eternal life to those who obey him, which means they love him and other humans - Psalm 37:29 Revelation 21:3 - 5 , There will be no suffering or sickness, and the earth will be peaceful.. You can find an online Bible in jw.org
• Kajang, Malaysia
Thanks !
@Berrygal (4359)
I like to live long though
• Kajang, Malaysia
It would be nice if we can live as long as we want and then when we are ready to go we just request permission to leave...i think that is better ...dont u ?
• New Baltimore, Michigan
If our faces and bodies wouldn't age, then I would love to live forever. But I think God does that on purpose, so we'll wanna die.
• Kajang, Malaysia
Lol ! I love it !! Yessss....only and only with the fountain of youth would i want to live forever !!