Something to Look Forward To

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Tonight is Writer's Guild. It is also when my friend takes my picture for the Whole30 month results. My 10th month weigh-in was yesterday, and from what I'm seeing in the mirror, and the smaller size clothes I'm wearing, the picture should look good. I won't be getting home until after 8 tonight, so it will be tomorrow before I post the results for this past month as I now move into month 11 for the the Whole30 program. I know there were a couple moments this past month when I couldn't keep to the program 100%. Like the time when my son took me out for Mother's Day and we went to Texas Road House. And though the meal was delicious, there was butter on the potato. No biggie. I also didn't think about it when I saw meatloaf on the menu when I took a friend to lunch after church a couple weeks ago. Still, I don't think it affected my weight that much. The good news is the scale at the doctor's office was no match for the scale at the Y yesterday. I'll tell you more about it tomorrow with the picture. Do you have good news? Thanks for reading.
Looking forward to seeing your new pictures. Congratulations on entering month 11 and sticking to your goals
Thank you. It's posted now.
@Icydoll (22197)
Occasionally eating the foods we like won't effect much on weight..glad you doing well there.take care.
Thank you.
@Icydoll (22197)
@just4him welcome
I'm glad you aren't being hard on yourself on those two days. And as long as you portioned, and didn't just down a lot of any of it, I don't think it would do much on your weight either, if anything. Good news on the scales being different. and sure sounds like a good number we'll be hearing about!
Thanks. Since it was in the restaurant, I had no control over the portions, but it was a nice amount of food. Now, I'm looking forward to next month.
@just4him maybe not the sizes on the plate, but of what you ate.
@Courtlynn I agree.
Yay, and good for you! I want to do the weight watchers freestyle..someone who is rebellious like I am probably needs maximum flexibility.
I hope it works for you. Thank you.
Yes the scale you began with is the one to keep up with the weight loss because each scale is so different. I can`t wait to see you!
I agree. It's posted.
@just4him Already stopped by.
Good afternoon Val that is great there.Congrats wish you loads of luck
Thank you.
@velvet53 (16987)
• Palisade, Colorado
You are doing so great. A little slip once in awhile shouldn't hurt you. Isn't it funny how scales differ from one place to another. I got weighed twice in one day at two different places. There was a 4 pound difference. I don't know which one was right and which one was wrong.
Thank you. I'm glad it was wrong. I try to use the same scale every month. When I can't, as in next month because it's the 4th of July, I'll weigh myself at home. I've already checked it against the scale at the Y and it's the same.
@velvet53 (16987)
• Palisade, Colorado
@just4him That is good that your scales and the Y's are the same. That helps you know your exact weight.
@velvet53 Yes, it does. I only use it on holiday's and Sunday's when the Y is closed.
@Blondie2222 (22203)
Looking forward to seeing new pictures and hearing about your results. Since I had surgery I lost 15 pounds from not being able to eat etc. I was 128 before my heart surgery and now i am at 114. I am staying between 111 and 114. Some of my pants don't fit me now but I'm sure soon I will gain the weight back.
That's my goal weight. I still have a long road ahead of me to get there. It's posted.
@Blondie2222 (22203)
@just4him well good luck & I hope you can do it. I am at 114 again today so looks like I am not going up just staying where I been.
@Blondie2222 That's good, unless you need to gain the weight.
@porwest (5881)
Sometimes you have to just set the diet aside and just enjoy. I liken it to money. You save and scrimp most of the time so that some of the time you can splurge. So long as you scrimp and save most of the time and splurge some of the time...it all works itself out. Mostly.
I like your theory.
@porwest (5881)
@just4him Like, for example, I am on a salt restriction, but I am on the road traveling for work again, and so I am stuck in a hotel. Last night I ate a double Whopper and tonight I will have Wendy's. Ugh. lol
@porwest Those are loaded with salt. I think you can request no salt on your burgers.
@FayeHazel (18475)
Awesome! I hope you have fun at writer's guild and that the pictures and weigh in will come out good- I think similar - those few splurges probably won't effect too much
I don't think they did. Still, I won't be 'splurging' again anytime in the future, even if my birthday is next month.
@FayeHazel (18475)
@just4him Ah, there must be some kind of treat that lines up with your diet plan
@FayeHazel There is, but I need to make it, it can't be bought. I found a cookie recipe online that I tweaked to be 100% healthy and zero sugar, and is very good. It uses powdered coco - baker's chocolate, and I use unsweetened applesauce for the sugar, and almond flour for the flour. Hence a healthy sugar free treat that's also delicious.
@kobesbuddy (49326)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This is all good news, I'm looking forward to your month 10 comparison photo! A little butter and a piece of meatloaf, didn't hinder your weight-loss, one bit:) If you did that all month, it would possibly make a difference.
Thanks. It's posted.
@kobesbuddy (49326)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him I love your newest photo, you're really getting trim, for sure:)
@kobesbuddy Thank you.
Yes I do and that will be posted soon. I am sure you're doing great over there. I did it for 30 days and lost 15 pounds. I am pretty good right now and It would be nice to see a few more pounds off. I am going to the dr. this month for something and if it's approved I will be posting. Good luck.
Thank you. Congratulations on your weight loss. I hope he approves.
@just4him Thank you I lost a few more so today I will stop drinking the coffee. It was a few calories I would not want to add back on my hips. My jeans are so loose now.
@sharon6345 That's a good thing.
@caopaopao (10584)
Congratulations. Look forward to your photos and more good news.
Thank you. It's posted.
@caopaopao (10584)
@just4him You are welcome
So far, the news is worth waiting for and seems quite good. Hope you enjoy your meeting. These 11 months zoomed by!
Well, 10 anyway. Starting the 11th month. It's posted and looking good, if I do say so myself.
@Jessabuma (33004)
• Baguio, Philippines
Great! I am looking forward to see your picture.. keep it up!
Thank you. It's posted.
@Jessabuma (33004)
• Baguio, Philippines
@just4him you're welcome.. I will check it out
I know it feels great to be successful with that weight loss.
Yes, it does. Every pound counts.
Perseverance will pay off. looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Yes, it will. It's posted.
@aninditasen (1727)
• Raurkela, India
Don't worry about your clothes, go and enjoy yourself.
If that's an invitation to quit this diet, it won't work. I totally love this food plan, and I'm losing the weight I need to lose.
@Shiva49 (13389)
A strict regime of diet comes with rare exceptions! I think it occasional overindulgence is okay - siva
I didn't overindulge.
Most of the time the scales at the doctors' offices show a different weight. The important is how you feel.
I'm feeling really good.