How do you budget for a vacation

@Berrygal (4391)
I like to take a vacation at least once a year or two but most times I'm always low on cash but I know taking a vacation is good so I need it as a routine.Do you take a vacation yearly, how do you go about budgeting for it to be successful with it?
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
Right now, no. We have a lot of things to deal with and priorities to do. Being on vacation is not that easy and you need a good amount of money to spend.
@Berrygal (4391)
Yea, that's the problem
@mlgen1037 (29658)
• Manila, Philippines
@Berrygal Spending your money is difficult sometimes most especially if you worked hard for it.
@Jessabuma (27951)
• Baguio, Philippines
Yes, a vacation once or twice a year is good for me. I always prefer to have a simple and happy vacation, you can save and you can relax also.
@Berrygal (4391)
Saving isn't easy for me though
@Jessabuma (27951)
• Baguio, Philippines
@Berrygal yes, that's right,
Its super hard budgeting. But it depends on what youre doing and what your plans are.
@Berrygal (4391)
I think so too
@augusta123 (5723)
save some money daily
@Berrygal (4391)
it isn't easy friend
@rakski (15910)
it is hard to save money for vacation. you really have to think of things to buy if you really wanted to save money.
@Berrygal (4391)
It hasn't been easy to save
@rakski (15910)
@Berrygal that is so true.
@simplfred (2846)
Yearly, but not this year because of monetary shortage and I am saving for something.
@Berrygal (4391)
Okay,saving isn't easy though
@simplfred (2846)
@Berrygal So true.
@Raine38 (9117)
Due to the nature of my work, I think I would need a vacation often. But because of time and budget constraints, I can only afford two vacations a year, three if I’m lucky. I signed up for promo fare email list and have a dedicated email just for that as I don’t want my email that I use for work or school to get cluttered. Then I try to plan ahead and make arrangements off-season so I will have better rates. Lastly, every pay day I put away money on savings first and for travel funds before spending anything.
@Berrygal (4391)
it really needs a dedication
@id_peace (6962)
Right now no cos we are on a 10 years financial freedom thing.
@Berrygal (4391)
alright
Budgeting for a vacation can be hard. I hope you're able to do so. Taking a vacation is always good to do. It's been a couple years since my last vacation.
@Berrygal (4391)
trying to budget though
@caopaopao (8623)
I have winter and summer vacation every year. In other words, I have three months' holiday every year. I often take advantage of this holiday to travel with my child.
@Berrygal (4391)
great, I hope will be able to do same
@Peach10 (1831)
If you"re alone well it's easy coz you would be thinking of yourself only but in my case, I bring my family and that my friend is where the budget comes in coz you can't control the whims of your kids. so if our budget let's say 10 thousand then it should be doubled or even tripled. So we might as well think twice before ever going to a far place.
@Berrygal (4391)
That's right extra money is always needed
@maximax8 (28249)
These I have learned to save daily because it gets a lot of money saved quickly. For example I like to do week days only and for every four days I get £100 into my savings. Flights in school holiday can be expensive. Lately I have been saving for decorating my home and a new front door. I am so lucky that I got enough money with my saved with my plan. I took 3 holidays a year. Now I am taking one big holiday a year to be able to go to far away places. New places for me on my last trip were India, Sri Lanka and the Philippines. My next trip planning is challenging because Air Asia sold us flights and Norwegian Air isn't ready yet. I will save money in July and August to be able to buy flights in September. I am planning to visit Thailand and Japan on this next trip which will be the Easter holiday in April 2019. Yes, I book a fight then later buy the accommodation.