My garage was completely destroyed

Peoria, Arizona
So yeah, this is my garage. I honestly don't know what to say other than words that don't belong on a pg-13 website. Last night a storm came raging through, it is always a constant panic attack with storms because you never know what is going to happen. This storm was pretty much like a hurricane, trees bending over, things flying because the wind was so fast that it got up to 65mph and the rain just crashing down around. I was in my room when I heard a loud crash but I wasn't sure what happened because I was just doodling on my computer. I come out to the livingroom to see my mom wasn't there and I see in the driveway and the neighbor's yard just pieces of a building. I honestly didn't know what it was apart of and I was too scared to know. The neighbor was kind enough to help my mom pick things up to prevent them from disrupting drivers on the road or hurting anyone. I was debating on going on out there to help I was texting friends because I was terrified and then the storm was crashing through again. Something hit the house, it was part of my grandma's fence so I grabbed Mikey, took my phone and stood near my door away from the window. My mom came in after gathering all the stuff that had been blown around in the wind and told me that our garage is gone. And there you have it. That is my garage. It was first a carport, my dad made it into a garage a long long time ago and there is ceases to exist. Fruk
Glad you and nobody else was hurt but sorry to hear a garage repair is in store for you . . .
• Peoria, Arizona
It was a miracle no one was hurt. My mom got a few scratches and hurt her foot, but she is okay.
@DesirousDreamer how come no one went with her to collect stuff that fell all over the place ? Did she just wander off to be helpful . . .
• Peoria, Arizona
@enlightenedpsych2 For some reason she didn't want me to help and she just managed to do it by herself. Very strong and independent that woman sure is.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I was really worried about you guys when you told me what was happening. I hated that there wasn't anything I could do. I am glad that neither of you guys were hurt. But this is still a disaster. The garage is a big part of the house, and it sucks. I wish I were closer so I could help other than being here to talk.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah our hoarding was exposed to the world haha it was honestly one of the most terrifying things I have been through.
@august18 (3034)
• Tunisia
Oh my ! Thank God no one was hurt.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah, my mom got some cuts from cleaning, but she will be okay.
@august18 (3034)
• Tunisia
@DesirousDreamer I hope she feels better soon.
• Peoria, Arizona
@august18 yeah she went to bed early to rest up. Thank you!
@Daelii (5635)
Oh my gosh! I'm glad no one was injured!
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah my mom got a few cuts when cleaning but she is okay.
@Daelii (5635)
@DesirousDreamer Tetnus shot up to date?
• Peoria, Arizona
@Daelii don't know, but she wasn't cut by anything metal. Everything was wood.
Oh my goodness, this was a very bad storm. I am so sorry for the garage your father built.
• Peoria, Arizona
It was awful and terrifying.
@DesirousDreamer I can imagine the noise, you surely were terrified.
@DesirousDreamer That is horrible that the storm did that. So, are you going to have it rebuilt or what? Good think no one was in it at the time.
• Peoria, Arizona
We don't know yet, it will cost a lot of money to rebuild and we don't have any of that.
@DesirousDreamer I am so sorry.
@bagarad (12151)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm so sorry. What a shock! But at least your house is still standing. I'm glad none of your family was hurt.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah, well the garage was still part of the house, it was my mom's little sanctuary.
@bagarad (12151)
• Paso Robles, California
@DesirousDreamer I see. That would make a difference.
@mandala100 (43436)
I'm sorry to hear about your garage my friend.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you, it is very unfortunate.
@mandala100 (43436)
@DesirousDreamer Yes my friend.
Well, at least there wasn't any damage to the house. I'm glad you are all okay. What you experienced was more like a nor'easter or tropical storm. Hurricane force winds start at 75 mph I think.
• Peoria, Arizona
My house has enough damage to it. Yeah that is what I would compare it to, monsoons are basically hurricanes just winds from a desert instead of high winds from an ocean.
@DesirousDreamer We get nor'easters regularly here in the fall and winter. Not fun at all.
@JustBhem (37140)
• Davao, Philippines
That's horrible. Thank God you are all safe and no one was injured.
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah my mom got a few cuts from cleaning up but she is okay.
@JustBhem (37140)
• Davao, Philippines
@DesirousDreamer Oh, thank God it's not serious though.
My goodness. I am glad you all are safe anyway.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you, yes it was a blessing no one was hurt.
If it was made a long time ago then it was due for it's destruction. That's a strong wind you got over there. At least you and your mother is safe. That Garage can be fix...someday.
• Peoria, Arizona
It will take a lot of money.
@Icydoll (19698)
Glad that no one was injured my dear friend
• Peoria, Arizona
Yeah, my mom got a few cuts when cleaning up but she is okay.
That storm was so destructive. I would have been so frightened too. Glad you and your family members are OK.
• Peoria, Arizona
Monsoons here can get crazy, almost like a hurricane except it is an ocean of dust and not winds from an ocean.
What a frightening storm!!! Glad you are all safe.
• Peoria, Arizona
Monsoons are bad here. Thank you.