~Sparks Flew & He Was Right~

My burnt finger
Jacksonville, Florida
September 13, 2018 11:42am CST
Hey everyone... So, I just want to say--ahem. I don't like when my husband is right. There, I admit it and feel better now that it's off my chest! My laptop charger cover came off the other day and I was still using it because...well...I don't have the money for another one. So, I was being careful and especially keeping it away from the little ones. My husband told me it's going to explode or catch fire-please don't use that thing! Of course I didn't listen. This morning I was going about my usual activity here, I reached over the laptop box to grab my pen and POP! The metal on my ring I am guessing disturbed it and sparks flew! My finger is partially black and it's hurting pretty bad but we are alive and okay-grateful no fire took place... Now the laptop cord is in the dumpster and I will have to deal with doing EVERYTHING on my phone again... Could be worse of course so not complaining, well I kind of am but you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah-I know I am a dummy for testing my luck on that cord. RIP laptop cord--you will be missed
22 people like this
23 responses
@sharon6345 (135400)
• United States
17 Sep
Your not a dummy but at least your not complaining. You knew right from wrong. I am sure happy that was all that happened. Your hubby was wise and so are you to toss it. I had one that was sparking. I am paranoid so it went in the trash. I was not happy but I went on ebay for a new one. For some reason I normally keep them running overnight. The past week I been unplugging and running them while awake. Thank goodness I have changed that. This was a wake-up call. How are you now since this post is days old.
3 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@sharon6345 Yes I'm very grateful it wasn't worse! It was definitely a lesson learned. I'm doing better, my thumb blistered but is healing and the pain is mostly gone now. Thank you for asking. =)
2 people like this
@sharon6345 (135400)
• United States
18 Sep
@LovingMyBabies That is very good to know and trust me I know that hurt. The only thing we both are sure of is your house was safe and those babies. Thank you for updating me. have you heard anything about Hately?
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@sharon6345 I have not heard anything about Hatley. Have you?
@DWDavis (12932)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
13 Sep
I am glad you are okay. Electricity is nothing to take chances with.
3 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@DWDavis Thank you, yeah I won't ever do that again.
2 people like this
@db20747 (9061)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
13 Sep
Oh My goodness!!! Glad U R OK and that that cord didn't catch fire!!! Maybe some iodine can help that thumb!!!!
3 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@db20747 Thank you, me too! =) So grateful things weren't worse.
2 people like this
@Courage7 (11781)
• United States
13 Sep
Oh gosh glad it was not more serious. Yes I know when husband is right too lol God bless you and I hope it heals very soon. Take care dear Jennifer. That looks pretty ouch.
3 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@Courage7 Thank you, me too! Yeah, he was right this time... Lol. Thank you-I know He will heal me. =)
@1creekgirl (11395)
• United States
13 Sep
I'm so thankful you weren't electrocuted! God had an extra angel there protecting you.
2 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@1creekgirl Me too! Yes He did. =)
1 person likes this
@Platespinner (17045)
• Winston Salem, North Carolina
13 Sep
Thankfully it wasn't worse. Electrical shocks like that can be deadly.
2 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@Platespinner Yes I agree. I won't be taking anymore chances like that again.
@Shiva49 (13774)
• Singapore
13 Sep
Things could have been worse. Your husband showed his concern but I see also your point as I also tend to use such until I am no more able to - siva
2 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Shiva49 I'm grateful for the fact it wasn't worse and that my hubby loves me. =)
1 person likes this
• Sparta, Tennessee
13 Sep
I don't think that any wife or girlfriend wants to admit that the man is right lol. I'm glad that it wasn't worse and you're okay.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@HeatherLader Lol, yeah hate it when that happens! Thank you, me too. A little burn is nothing compared to what it could have been-grateful God protected me from far worse. =)
1 person likes this
• Sparta, Tennessee
13 Sep
@LovingMyBabies I don't think that I ever truly admitted my husband was right about anything lol. I hint but never outright say it. He revels enough when he finds out on his own.
2 people like this
• Jacksonville, Florida
13 Sep
@HeatherLader Hopefully mine will be humble and be grateful his wife didn't catch on fire!
1 person likes this
@ShifaLk (8335)
• India
17 Sep
Oh my god0... thank god nothing much happened.. by the way is your finger fine?
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Shifalk Yes I'm very grateful! My finger is healing. =)
1 person likes this
@ShifaLk (8335)
• India
18 Sep
@LovingMyBabies oh that's great. Take care
@tammys85 (11299)
• United States
15 Sep
Yikes! I'm really glad you're okay! And I hope you can get a new cord soon.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
17 Sep
@tammys85 Thank you-me too! I hope so as well. =)
1 person likes this
@tammys85 (11299)
• United States
17 Sep
@LovingMyBabies You're welcome! Maybe you can get one sooner than later.
1 person likes this
@Courtlynn (55604)
• United States
13 Sep
Ouch. Glad there was no fire. Sorry you have to do everything by phone again.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Courtlynn Thanks me too! It's okay, things could be much worse. =)
1 person likes this
@Courtlynn (55604)
• United States
18 Sep
@LovingMyBabies definitely could be, but still.
@quantum2020 (9758)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
17 Sep
The best thing about this is that the accident didn´t get worse and you still have your finger. I haven´t had accidents lately; I remember having one last week when I slide off of the stairs and hurt my knee. Hopefully, it was a minor hurt and I was able to walk normally the same day
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@quantum2020 I agree, I'm so grateful it wasn't worse! Glad yoyr knee pain wasn't worse too.
@LeaPea2417 (21557)
• Toccoa, Georgia
16 Sep
Oh goodness, that could have been bad!
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Leapea2417 I know! Thank God it wasn't.
1 person likes this
@DianneN (82130)
• United States
15 Sep
Yikes! I'm so sorry about that and your burn. It looks awful, and I hope it heals up quickly.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
17 Sep
@DianneN Thank you, it is healing but it was very painful.
@GardenGerty (101689)
• United States
14 Sep
Keep your eyes open. If you cannot afford new, sometimes around here thrift shops have whole boxes full of various cords and chargers for sale cheaply.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
17 Sep
@Gardengerty Yeah we don't have one within walking distance and we have no vehicle right now, but yes sometimes they do have them for like $10.
@andriaperry (56320)
• United States
14 Sep
Been there and sort of done that. Yes no matter what replace it, better than a fire or being burned.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
17 Sep
@andriaperry I will never do that again-lesson learned definitely.
1 person likes this
@LadyDuck (170727)
• Switzerland
14 Sep
Oh goodness, never use a damaged electric appliance.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Ladyduck Yes lesson learned.
1 person likes this
@TRBRocks420 (81072)
• Banks, Oregon
14 Sep
Oh dang my friend. Glad you're okay you got really lucky there.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@TRBRocks420 I'm so glad it turned out this good.
1 person likes this
@Athinker (2086)
14 Sep
It's good that you not harmed much
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Athinker Thank you!
1 person likes this
@Corbin5 (113058)
• United States
13 Sep
I have been zapped a few times myself, so no need to blame yourself. Humans make mistakes, all of them, and it is nice to know that making mistakes is a part of being human.
1 person likes this
• Jacksonville, Florida
18 Sep
@Corbin5 It was definitely a lesson learned. Never will I do that again.
1 person likes this