~Sparks Flew & He Was Right~

My burnt finger
Jacksonville, Florida
Hey everyone... So, I just want to say--ahem. I don't like when my husband is right. There, I admit it and feel better now that it's off my chest! My laptop charger cover came off the other day and I was still using it because...well...I don't have the money for another one. So, I was being careful and especially keeping it away from the little ones. My husband told me it's going to explode or catch fire-please don't use that thing! Of course I didn't listen. This morning I was going about my usual activity here, I reached over the laptop box to grab my pen and POP! The metal on my ring I am guessing disturbed it and sparks flew! My finger is partially black and it's hurting pretty bad but we are alive and okay-grateful no fire took place... Now the laptop cord is in the dumpster and I will have to deal with doing EVERYTHING on my phone again... Could be worse of course so not complaining, well I kind of am but you know. Yeah, yeah, yeah-I know I am a dummy for testing my luck on that cord. RIP laptop cord--you will be missed
Your not a dummy but at least your not complaining. You knew right from wrong. I am sure happy that was all that happened. Your hubby was wise and so are you to toss it. I had one that was sparking. I am paranoid so it went in the trash. I was not happy but I went on ebay for a new one. For some reason I normally keep them running overnight. The past week I been unplugging and running them while awake. Thank goodness I have changed that. This was a wake-up call. How are you now since this post is days old.
@sharon6345 Yes I'm very grateful it wasn't worse! It was definitely a lesson learned. I'm doing better, my thumb blistered but is healing and the pain is mostly gone now. Thank you for asking. =)
@LovingMyBabies That is very good to know and trust me I know that hurt. The only thing we both are sure of is your house was safe and those babies. Thank you for updating me. have you heard anything about Hately?
@sharon6345 I have not heard anything about Hatley. Have you?
@DWDavis (15002)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I am glad you are okay. Electricity is nothing to take chances with.
@DWDavis Thank you, yeah I won't ever do that again.
@db20747 (10205)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Oh My goodness!!! Glad U R OK and that that cord didn't catch fire!!! Maybe some iodine can help that thumb!!!!
@db20747 Thank you, me too! =) So grateful things weren't worse.
@Courage7 (18180)
Oh gosh glad it was not more serious. Yes I know when husband is right too lol God bless you and I hope it heals very soon. Take care dear Jennifer. That looks pretty ouch.
@Courage7 Thank you, me too! Yeah, he was right this time... Lol. Thank you-I know He will heal me. =)
@1creekgirl (12413)
I'm so thankful you weren't electrocuted! God had an extra angel there protecting you.
@1creekgirl Me too! Yes He did. =)
@Shiva49 (14211)
Things could have been worse. Your husband showed his concern but I see also your point as I also tend to use such until I am no more able to - siva
@Shiva49 I'm grateful for the fact it wasn't worse and that my hubby loves me. =)
• Sparta, Tennessee
I don't think that any wife or girlfriend wants to admit that the man is right lol. I'm glad that it wasn't worse and you're okay.
@HeatherLader Lol, yeah hate it when that happens! Thank you, me too. A little burn is nothing compared to what it could have been-grateful God protected me from far worse. =)
• Sparta, Tennessee
@LovingMyBabies I don't think that I ever truly admitted my husband was right about anything lol. I hint but never outright say it. He revels enough when he finds out on his own.
@HeatherLader Hopefully mine will be humble and be grateful his wife didn't catch on fire!
@ShifaLk (8515)
Oh my god0... thank god nothing much happened.. by the way is your finger fine?
@Shifalk Yes I'm very grateful! My finger is healing. =)
@ShifaLk (8515)
@LovingMyBabies oh that's great. Take care
@tammys85 (12240)
Yikes! I'm really glad you're okay! And I hope you can get a new cord soon.
@tammys85 Thank you-me too! I hope so as well. =)
@tammys85 (12240)
@LovingMyBabies You're welcome! Maybe you can get one sooner than later.
Ouch. Glad there was no fire. Sorry you have to do everything by phone again.
@Courtlynn Thanks me too! It's okay, things could be much worse. =)
@LovingMyBabies definitely could be, but still.
@quantum2020 (10028)
• Ciudad De Mexico, Mexico
The best thing about this is that the accident didn´t get worse and you still have your finger. I haven´t had accidents lately; I remember having one last week when I slide off of the stairs and hurt my knee. Hopefully, it was a minor hurt and I was able to walk normally the same day
@quantum2020 I agree, I'm so grateful it wasn't worse! Glad yoyr knee pain wasn't worse too.
@LeaPea2417 (22348)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Oh goodness, that could have been bad!
@Leapea2417 I know! Thank God it wasn't.
Yikes! I'm so sorry about that and your burn. It looks awful, and I hope it heals up quickly.
@DianneN Thank you, it is healing but it was very painful.
Keep your eyes open. If you cannot afford new, sometimes around here thrift shops have whole boxes full of various cords and chargers for sale cheaply.
@Gardengerty Yeah we don't have one within walking distance and we have no vehicle right now, but yes sometimes they do have them for like $10.
Been there and sort of done that. Yes no matter what replace it, better than a fire or being burned.
@andriaperry I will never do that again-lesson learned definitely.
Oh goodness, never use a damaged electric appliance.
@Ladyduck Yes lesson learned.
Oh dang my friend. Glad you're okay you got really lucky there.
@TRBRocks420 I'm so glad it turned out this good.
@Athinker (2703)
• Jaipur, India
It's good that you not harmed much
@Athinker Thank you!
I have been zapped a few times myself, so no need to blame yourself. Humans make mistakes, all of them, and it is nice to know that making mistakes is a part of being human.
@Corbin5 It was definitely a lesson learned. Never will I do that again.
I hate admitting when mine is right too-they really seem to love to gloat don't they? I'm glad that you were not hurt worse. Maybe you could see if there are any used computer shops that might have an old cover like this that you could get.
@Juliaacv Lol thank God all mine said was I wish you listened but praise God you are okay! =) Thank you!