Getting Ready for the Hurricane

@RubyHawk (28473)
Atlanta, Georgia
I believe everyone's eye is on the hurricane heading toward the Carolina's.They tell us we will get out share of it on Sunday. It will likely be rain and wind. Nothing really serious. All of Georgia is on alert. We stopped by the grocery store this morning before my betterhalfs appointment for his injection. I had my list in case I forgot anything. I had time to do my shopping and bring our groceries in the apartment and put everything away. By then it was time for his appointment. Everyone had said the injection would be very painful but I think his knee had hurt him so much that he didn't notice the difference. His doctor told him to discontinue therapy. It isn't helping and is possibly doing more damage. He also said the pain might not lessen until he gets all three injections, if it helps at all. Anyway, we're hoping for the best. My grandson called to say he was getting an insurance payment for his totaled truck. A girl was driving drunk and broadsided him. I think she landed in jail. So all is well that ends well. Everyone rest well tonight, and if you're in a danger of the hurricane, get out while you can.
@Mavic123456 (13033)
• Thailand
Looks like that you will not be affected by hurricane. Good to know.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I don't believe it will be dangerous here since we're not on the coast. But we'll find out in the next few days. Georgia is on high alert but I don't know why. We have heard nothing about evacuating.
@Mavic123456 (13033)
• Thailand
@RubyHawk is it good that it is not tropical storm?
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Mavic123456 I'm not sure but we only had a little rain and I think that's it for us.
I hope that your husband is not too much in pain. Let's hope that he will feel better after the three injections.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thanks, it could have been the therapy that caused worse pain, we'll find out as he discontinues it.
@RubyHawk It seemed to help, while it was causing pain.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@LadyDuck No, his doctor said therapy might be doing damage.He won't be going anymore at this time.
I hope the injections help your husband. I'm glad you're not in any real danger from the hurricane. My prayers are with all those who are in the hurricane's path.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Yes, I heard earlier there has been four deaths, that was sometime ago so there are probably more by now. I do hope it won't be worse.
@RubyHawk I saw that come across my computer too.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@just4him I haven’t seen more news . I hope it hasn’t gotten worse.
@RubyHawk Ruby, thank you so much for this post. Take care and hope you have a safe pl;ace to be if the hurricane hits you. I am so sorry about your other half's knee and I hope the shots help too. Is there anything he can try if they do not help since the therapy is not helping?
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
His doctor didn't offer any other treatment. It hasn't been mentioned but I think if the injections don't help it will be surgery and a knee replacement. I hope it doesn't come to that.
@RubyHawk I hope he does not have to go through surgery and a knee replacement.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Hannihar Oh, I hope so too. He would be down for weeks.
@betlynfrnds (1539)
Wild weather is nothing to take litely. It seams like every new hurricane is a bigger, stronger monster than the last. The weather is getting quite fierce. It's a sign of the times. I hope everyone heeds warnings and by all means, take great care of your pets.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We don't have any pets so that's no worry. The hurricane shouldn't effect us badly, we will likely have heavy rain and a little wind. We're not in the path. We had some really bad weather last fall that came up form Florida.
@RubyHawk That's good. It's wise to stay tuned to the weather to keep up with what is going on.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@betlynfrnds that's true, we don't want to be taken by surprise.
@oahuwriter (3226)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
God protect you and yours from the hurricane! Thank you God, amen. We had close calls, this year and just at the tail end of H Olivia which became a tropical storm Olivia which was fast moving, but it's outskirts is bringing rain to the Hawaiian Islands. We don't have to worry about the storm system Paul so far. Hope your husband finds something that works to help him. Stay safe! Here in Hawaii we have hurricane watch till Nov. every year, which starts in June.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We practically never see a hurricane as we don't live on the coast but we have tornadoes. I've never actually been in one but they have come close. A few years ago a small town near us was practically destroyed by a tornado. We did have one pass over us that snapped tops of trees off, but no other damage.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@RubyHawk I hope you never live through a disaster ever. Prayers work, God help those who pray to him. I pray a lot living where I do at the Hawaiian Islands we get hurricane watch season every year from June to Nov. It's home though we have a lot of things to watch out for.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@oahuwriter I hope we never see one, although we do have heavy storms sometimes. We had hail stones once that broke windows out of the car and beat holes in our roof. That was our worst one.
• Pamplona, Spain
Is that the Florence one? It said over here it was fizzling out into a tropical storm or is it another one? If its another one I had not heard of it but hope it does not do much damage.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It was Florence. Lots of flooding and damage done. They’ll need all the help they can get.
• Pamplona, Spain
@RubyHawk All best wishes going out for that then. Lots of flooding here too and lots of damage caused by the very high waters. We are very lucky not to have had this happen to us.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@lovinangelsinstead21 Yes, We’re all lucky that didn’t have flooding and loss of life and property.
Hope that you are safe where you are. It's bringing a lot of rain with it.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We only had a little rain last night and I believe the weather forecast is ten percent chance for rain tomorrow. So our storm watch must be over.
@RubyHawk That is good news.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Susan2015 It is good news, we have a few clouds and a sunny sky today.
Stay safe during the hurricane. Bracing for Super Typhoon Ompong as well here in the Philippines.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We're not on the coast so we shouldn't have any more than wind and rain. I hope you guys in the Philippines will be safe.
@RubyHawk power and communication lines were down. Casualty count is expected to go up once reports come in. Damaged crops and infrastructure is what will take its toll on the affected areas.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@allen0187 I'm so sorry for all he damage and loss of life in your country and ours, I heard on TV there have been 32 fatalities reported so far here from hurricane Florence.
@mnglsp (1554)
Here in the Philippines, there's a typhoon coming. Keep safe. Always ask God for help and protection.
@kepweng (17884)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
Thats good are u praying Always? or in time of disaster only??
@mnglsp (1554)
@kepweng Always. I pray every time I woke up, eat and before sleeping. I also pray when my days are down. I also pray when my day is great.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Try to stay safe,is there anywhere you can go to be in a safe place We will probably only get rain and wind from the hurricane. .I think we will be perfectly safe here.
,,,Be safe...
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you. We'll be fine.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@Courage7 (12348)
I wish you safety there Ruby all of you.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you, we'll be okay. We don't live along the coast. We will have rain and probably windy.
Hope all goes well I'm pretty bad at trusting doctors.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I feel the same way. That's about all we can do though when we depend on them to make us feel better.
@kepweng (17884)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
. Keep safe my friend and take care
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you, we will do that.
@sallypup (28089)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Run if you need to. You'll be on my mind as I monitor the news.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
We will, if we are told to evacuate, but being off the coast I don't think we will get any more than rain and some wind.
@GreatMartin (5402)
• Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
I've lived through hurricanes since I was 19 years old--I prepare for each one with water, batteries, non-perishables, hand can opener, battery operated fan and table light. If the hurricane passes and I don't use the things I'm ready for the next. Right now we are fighting King tides and anyone who doesn't believe we are having climate changes come on down to South Florida!!
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
It's good to prepared just in case, I believe in climate change how can anyone not. Our highest mountains that have always been frozen are practically melted in the upper reaches, so are the icebergs. But still some people refuse to take it seriously. I'm not sure I know what King Tides are. Is it that tides are higher and stronger?
Stay safe, we dont know how many tornados could spin off this thing.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Now you have me worried, we could have some spin off causing tornadoes. I couldn't understand why all of Georgia in on high alert, That might be the reason. I haven't heard tornadoes mentioned on the news.
@xiaolisu (2336)
i like ocean but i am so scared about hurricane. i never realize it because i lived far away from coast. about 500km away
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I'm scared of any stormy weather but I've never been in a hurricane, I would be terrified of that. We aren't in the path of the hurricane so we will likely have no more than rain and wind, but not a strong wind, hopefully.
@acelawrites (12257)
We are in the same situation; we are expecting a strong typhoon that might hit tonight or tomorrow. We are glad our place will not be directly hit, but we worry about our fellowmen up north who will be struck by the super typhoon.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
I hope the hurricane leaves you alone or at least doesn't cause you more than temporary inconvenience. Be careful and stay safe.
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think it will only be a temporary inconvenience. We aren't on the coast. Likely only rain and wind.
@bagarad (12674)
• Paso Robles, California
@RubyHawk I hope you're right!
@RubyHawk (28473)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@bagarad We had clouds and a light shower, that's all we've seen so far. I think that's the end of it on our end.