Typhoon "Ompong" Landed in My City: Signal Number 3! Oh, boy!

I had just received an SMS and we need to be careful. It was an advisory from the local government agency. We are experiencing a strong typhoon now. I hope typhoon Ompong will pass through fast. I am so lucky that we still have electricity. It would be troublesome if there is a power interruption. How are you, guys? How's the weather in your world? Image Credit: philnewsph.com
My part of the USA is dry and sunny. Others here are experiencing the hurricane. Stay safe!
Be safe, my friend. We are still on level 3. Some of our trees in the backyard were broken down by the strong wind.
@1creekgirl (12519)
We're in the middle of Hurricane Florence, although thank God it's not as bad in our part of NC (USA) as it is in some other parts of our state. I pray you and all your country will be safe in that typhoon.
• Walnut Creek, California
Glad you're doing OK.
@1creekgirl (12519)
@TheHorse Thanks, the flooding will probably be the worst part in certain areas of the state, but so far, it's not so bad right here. Of course, it's not completely over, either.
• Walnut Creek, California
@1creekgirl I was wondering. How long until you're "in the clear"?
@arunima25 (9359)
• Bangalore, India
Stay safe. Hope it will pass with zero casuality.
I hope so, my friend. We are greatly affected now. We don't have the power to check the update. I am using my generator and don't know when it will last.
@arunima25 (9359)
• Bangalore, India
@Shavkat Oh! Hope the power resumes back soon. Stay safe.
@arunima25 Luckily, we have our power now. Thanks for your concern.
• Walnut Creek, California
Here on the West Coast, it's partially sunny and cool. Back East, they're dealing with the hurricane.
I heard about the hurricane. I hope things will be fine soon. As of today, we are still on level 3. I hope it will be fine soon and typing this composition is quite troublesome since I am using a candle. I am using my generator at this point in time.
Stay safe and hope your typhoon doesn't cause too much trouble. Some parts of the U.S. Are experiencing a massive hurricane.
I heard about the hurricanes. That would be more dangerous as compared to a typhoon. But, it was quite strong at this point in time.
Yes please stay safe and keep us informed
Thank you. We are experiencing heavy rain and wind. I am not sure for how long will the generator work for today. I wasn't able to buy some fuel yesterday.
Here we also receive the warning. I am not sure whether it will have a big effect on here. As sometimes the typhoon will go to another direction and it will not hit here directly. I am not sure this time. So far everything is well but hot. I heard the typhoon will be here or around in the weekend. No matter what, I think it will be windy and rainy.
I hope it will not go to your country. Your place is quite near to my country. It is quite strong and we can't be sure if it will be gone tomorrow. We are still on level 3.
@Shavkat So far it is still calm here. I am not sure whether it will attack here. It seems the typhoon often turns to another directly when it wants to hit here.
@youless I think the typhoon goes straight to Hong Kong. I am not sure if you had experienced it.
@vsai2008 (9889)
It rained here in the evening for 2hours. I stayed indoors, air is very humid now. Just now i had my dinner and i will be sleeping in a while. Take care and be safe, i hope you have all the supplies
We still have some supplies. But, there is no electricity. I am using my generator and pretty sure it will not last till evening today.
@vsai2008 (9889)
@Shavkat sorry to hear about the electricity, how's the situation now?
@vsai2008 I think we are all fine now. But there are some casualties around 50 in my city
• Peoria, Arizona
Stay safe! I know Guam just had to deal with a typhoon, I hope they don't have to deal with another one, I have family that lives there and they don't need anymore stress.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Shavkat Stay safe!
@DesirousDreamer We are fine now. I hope no more typhoons coming here
@tech40 (9903)
I didn't do any job today because they said that this typhoon will bring lots of rain. It's already 11:58pm here and I only experience light rains, I wish I just do my Job today than doing nothing
I am trying to have an online tutorial today. I am not sure for how long my generator works. The rain and wind are so strong out here. Be safe there.
@tech40 (9903)
@Shavkat So far the rain isn't much heavy unlike earlier, but I'm still afraid that my there will be an issue with my internet connection, I can't still work urgh
@tech40 Are you working online? I hope things are fine there on your side.
@athaness (249)
Keep safe! We are thankful it did not land here in my city. We only have little rainfall.
You are lucky, my friend. We are experiencing the strongness of Ompong. Hopefully, things will be fine after this typhoon.
@athaness (249)
@Shavkat We are praying for those affected by Ompong :)
@athaness I hope they can surpass this calamity.
@rakski (23511)
Stay safe there! Hope it will nit last long. It is signal 4 in Cagayan and Northern Isabela. God bless
For today, these places are in level 3. I hope things will be fine soon.
@rakski (23511)
@Shavkat How are you there? I hope everything will be okay soon.
@rakski The wind is so strong with heavy rain. I think I am going to cancel all my classes today. My generator is running out of fuel.
@mnglsp (1603)
Here in Metro Manila, the rain is weak but the wind is strong. Keep safe.
I also asked my sister in Valenzuela. It wasn't strong as compared here. Thanks for your concern,
@mnglsp (1603)
@Shavkat Take care.
@mnglsp Everything is fine now.
@nomus24g (25188)
Stay safe there...
Thank you. We will.
@nomus24g (25188)
@Shiva49 (14265)
I was thinking of Erly Maglangit whenever I saw Cagayan in the path of the monster typhoon. Take care; better to be safe than sorry - siva
I agree. I think it is quite dangerous in her area. They are near the seaside. For me, I am living on the mountainside. Regardless, we still need to be safe.
@silvermist (20114)
It is night in my place.Weather is also ok.Take care
It is nice to hear that. It has been raining since yesterday. Hopefully, the typhoon will be gone soon.
@Icydoll (26120)
Stay safe my dear friend
Thanks. We will.
@riverwild (2548)
Stay safe
Thanks. We need prayers for now.
@kobesbuddy (57458)
• East Tawas, Michigan
In Michigan it's cool, in the low 70s today and skies are clear. We're concerned about people who live in the eastern states, they are getting a terrible hurricane at this time!
I hope the people will be safe there. I am sure that hurricane is so alarming like in my country right now. All of us were being advised to be vigilant.
@kobesbuddy (57458)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Shavkat All the people in the Eastern states are being alerted, to this dangerous storm!
@kobesbuddy I am sorry. I lost track about the hurricanes in the east. Are they okay now?
@rsa101 (16193)
• Quezon City, Philippines
Good to hear from you. We’re safe as well in here. I guess Manila was not hit badly by the storm. We just experienced rains and some winds that broke branches here and there. There was power interruption but was restored after a few hours.
It was a strong typhoon. At this point in time, the retrieving operation still on going in the Itogon area.
@rsa101 (16193)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@Shavkat You’re in Benguet area? Yeah I heard about the landslides that happened there. You were not directly hit by the typhoon but I guess being signal 3 is still within the range of the strong wind and rains. Glad to hear from you are safe still there.
@rsa101 (16193)
• Quezon City, Philippines
@Shavkat I know how it feels I had the same experience of it about a couple of years ago. My province was also hit by a super typhoon.