Good to Know the Scarecrows Work, Sort Of

(c)2018 DW Davis
@DWDavis (15835)
Pikeville, North Carolina
I am by no means calling my missus an old crow, so please don't misunderstand. My wife came home tonight while I was in the kitchen working on dinner, walked into our office that is just off the kitchen, and let out a heart stopping scream. It appears she forgot she'd put our scarecrow couple in her chair at her desk this morning to keep them out of reach of the dogs should they decide the pair were something to play with. Let's just say I had a good laugh at her expense. She felt rather foolish when she realized the scarecrows were exactly where she left them and they still gave her a fright. Have you ever been frightened by something you put up yourself?
Yes but we don`t talk about that stuff.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Not fair to arouse ones curiosity that way and then leave one hanging.
Ah, but look at how harmless they look! They almost look as if they could be the cousins of Raggedy Ann and Andy. As for your wife's fright, I can't fault her as I have startled myself in similar ways.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
My missus tried to set them up so they look like they're holding hands. I just hope she doesn't get scared by them in the morning now that she's moved them to the living room.
@DWDavis I can see that, it's quite cute. Yes, bleary eyed and stumbling for coffee, it would be quite the fright!
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@ScribbledAdNauseum I didn't hear any startled shrieks this morning, so I guess she remembered they were there and didn't get scared this time.
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
The scarecrows are good at scaring.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
Yes, it turns out that they are. I would never have thought so.
@arunima25 (10181)
• Bangalore, India
@DWDavis But they look so adorable in day light. They might work in night.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@arunima25 We'll see when she comes down to let the dogs out in the morning if she forgets she moved them to the living room.
@DWDavis I bet they did give her a fright. i think they are adorable but coming in and not expecting them I would get scared too. Yes, I have had occasions to get scared about something and cannot remember right now what it was. Did she have a good laugh about it afterwards?
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
She did laugh about it afterwards, which made me feel better about laughing at her when it happened.
@DWDavis Was she mad that you laughed before she did?
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@Hannihar No, she's used to me laughing at her little shrieks. But she knows I'll always come to make sure it really is nothing to be scared of, or to rescue her if it is.
Those are too cute, I do not think I would have been scared.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I think it wasn't their appearance so much as them being in her chair where she did not expect them to be.
@DWDavis This is possible, I would be scared to see a big "clown" sitting on my chair. I hate clowns.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
@LadyDuck We have a clown coming to our Fall Festival, but he doesn't wear the makeup, the red nose, or the big shows. In reality, he's just a guy who knows how to make very cool balloon animals.
Yeah ya know I pinned my hair up the other day before stepping into the bathtub and screamed at how stupid it looked when I finally got out !!!!!!! cause like who looks in the mirror before taking a bath, right
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I haven't enough hair for that to be an issue. Now, my missus, on the other hand...
That is hilarious and of course!!!
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I was glad she laughed at herself when it happened because it made me feel better about having laughed at her.
@josie_ (8012)
The scarecrow couple look adorable. I don't thing they're capable of scaring anyone.
@DWDavis (15835)
• Pikeville, North Carolina
I didn't think so either, until they gave my wife a nasty surprise.
@august18 (4019)
• Tunisia
This scarecrow couple look really adorable. I think the birds will love them more.
You do not blame me if you took me to the Wizard of Oz.
Not sure which fork in the road to take, Dorothy voices her concern only to receive a reply from a nearby observer, the Scarecrow. I DO NOT OWN ANY RIGHTS
No scarecrows in my house the kittens would tear them up.
@wolfgirl569 (13760)
• Marion, Ohio
Yep and not telling what. Also the dogs like to scare me.
That's funny. I don;t think I have no.
As a teenager our son would perform Rolf Harris' song, Jake the Peg. He needed an 'extra leg' so we put a shoe on a hockey stick which worked well but occasionally I'd come across it poking out from under a bed. I always did a double-take.
@sol_cee (18436)
• Japan
Are they the scarecrows above? They look cute!
That can really shock you. I think the scariest thing that has happened to me and also the funniest is some time ago while I was still living in my house in Latvia I had forgotten there was an old mirror hanging in one room which was just for storage. I needed to get something and I opened the door and there is a person standing there. LOL it was just me in the mirror but what a shocker
@sallypup (30005)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Those two are too cute to scare someone.
Not that I could remember. But if I suddenly see that scarecrow in a strange place and in the dark I might get a scare too.