More From the Keck Gardens

Plants at Alice Keck Garden in Santa Barbara
@bagarad (12838)
Paso Robles, California
You may have noticed that I went to a couple of botanical gardens last month. I took oodles of photos, and could only share one in my last post about the Keck gardens in Santa Barbara, California. The photo I'm sharing here shows an interesting plant surrounded by smaller succulent plants. I don't know what any of them are. When I have more time I'll probably try to explore online and find out. But that large one reminds me a bit of a pompom. What do you think? Does it remind you of anything? I visit botanical gardens to learn more about plants. I love plants. And I like learning more about them. I have to always be learning something new to keep my brain alive. Do you like to learn? What do you like to learn more about?
What @LadyDuck identified as must be right.I love plants veru much.There is an APP in our Wechat ,by it we can identify plants we don't know just take a photo of them.
????????yucca rostrata ?????YuccaYuccaElephantipesYuccaGloriosaYuccaFilamentosaYuccaTreeHeliconiaRostrataYuccaDesertYucca???????YuccaFlower And Yucca MothSpinelessYuccaFlowers YuccaPalmsRedYuccaYuccaPlant???????????????????????????????!????????????????????
Thank you, I think that this plant is pretty common in the area where @bagarad lives.
@LadyDuck You are welcome! At the sight of the plant in the picture ,I first thought of sisal hemp.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to navigation Jump to search For the programming language, see SISAL. For the town, see Sisal, Yucatán. SisalAgave sisalana Scientific classification Kingdom: Plantae Clade: Angiosperms Clade: Monocots Order: Aspa
@changjiangzhibin89 The leaves of the sisal are different, they look like having thorns.
The big one does not look like a succulent, I think it's a "yucca rostrata" of the family of dracaena. The small one is a jade succulent plant.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
It didn't look much like a succulent to me, either, but it was in a bed with other succulents. Thank you for identifying them for me.
@bagarad You are welcome, at first I thought it was of the palms family, but it's a dracaena.
It's like a green starburst.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
You're right. It does look like that.
@CarolDM (5726)
A yucca sounds right to me. Good for you for this visit and glad you took photos. I am always willing to learn.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
I always love seeing your photos.
@CarolDM (5726)
@bagarad Thank you so much. You are so kind.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
@CarolDM Your photos are always worth seeing.
@velvet53 (17705)
• Palisade, Colorado
It does look like a pompom. I think it is wonderful that you are learning about plants. I love them too. I like to learn also. Right now I am relearning the Morse Code and about aquatic plants.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
Any special reason you are relearning Morse code except just for fun? Do you have a way to use it? I don't have much opportunity to see aquatic plants here. It's so dry!
@velvet53 (17705)
• Palisade, Colorado
@bagarad I am just relearning it for fun. I don't have anyway to use it but I do remember as a kid we made our own. I'll have to pull it up on the internet and see what I can do.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
@velvet53 Learning is always a valuable activity.
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
I'm very poor with plants to a point that I'm not sure I would name more than 10 in English. That plant is awesome
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
I always amazes me how many different plants God gave us. Such a variety!
@aureliah (19438)
• Kenya
@bagarad There are millions of them I would think so
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
@aureliah At least. And if you count the hybrids......
@Courage7 (18180)
That plant is pretty cool Barbara. Yes I like to learn when I can. What I like to learn about is almost anything. Hope you and family are keeping well. Nice to see you here.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
Thanks for stopping by. I like to learn mostly about nature, health, and what's going on in the world. I don't much care for mathematics. We are keeping well here. How about you?
@Courage7 (18180)
@bagarad So glad to hear that Barbara Well we are moving in a couple days so much to do. Not a move that was planned but anyhow all the same we will be better when finished thank you for asking.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
@Courage7 Looks like I'll be doing doing something close to moving myself. Hubby wants us to empty the other house so he can rent it out.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I just like being around plants and botanical gardens are a good addition to busy cities.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
Plants certainly beautify a city! So do botanical gardens.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@shubhu3 (20961)
• New Delhi, India
Wow. This looks really different, unique and beautiful. I love to learn as well about new things and happenings around.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
Learning is what keeps us growing mentally and makes life more interesting.
@shubhu3 (20961)
• New Delhi, India
@bagarad Absolutely.
This somehow brought to mind a porcupine lol.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
That was my first thought when I saw it, too.
This garden seems like a cool place to visit: thanks or sharing!
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
It's a nice place to walk through. One can see it all in an hour since it only takes up one city block. It took me longer because I wanted to photograph everything.
We have flowers that look like pompoms and I cal them powder puffs
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
They do, indeed look like pompoms!
I like to learn about plants too, which ones I can eat.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm especially interested in edible weeds!
That looks pretty! I enjoy walking through gardens and seeing new plants as well. I admire how well others can keep plants alive since I can't.
@bagarad (12838)
• Paso Robles, California
I love looking at other people's gardens! I get so many ideas from them.