Are you a positive thinker

By sofs
@sofssu (20403)
Positive thinking doesn't come naturally to many, it is an acquired habit . Its commonplace to worry , be anxious and get stressed over things happening around us..However once you cultivate the habit of positive thinking life seems less depressing and more filled with hope and opportunities. The mind auto corrects itself when you start to worry or get anxious, It starts to explore ways to work through the situation rather than waste its energy on what has happened. It does seem difficult at first to think positively because you have to unlearn years of negative thinking , but it not as hard as it seems at first. Are you a positive thinker or a worrier?
I'm a natural born worry wort, but I'm basically a positive person.
@sofssu (20403)
@DianneN That is what i call a very juxtaposed combination.
@sofssu HA! I'm a Gemini!
@sofssu (20403)
@DianneN No wonder
@louievill (20725)
I'm generally a positive thinker but may shift to negative thinking if I'm trying to solve a problem, it's impossible I think to see all the sides of a situation and prepare for remedies if we are purely positive, just my opinion
@sofssu (20403)
@louievill Positive thinking doesn't mean hoping for the best.. it is also being proactive.
@louievill (20725)
@sofssu agree, but it also has something to do with objectivity, negative thoughts at times helps as to be better prapared and think in advance so long as it does not cross paranoia or becomes useless worrying.
@shubhu3 (25694)
• New Delhi, India
I'm a blend of.both
@sofssu (20403)
@shubhu3 Now that is an oxymoron .. do you like poetry?
@shubhu3 (25694)
• New Delhi, India
@sofssu Hehehe. Yes I do.
@sofssu (20403)
@shubhu3 do you write any?
@ilocosboy (42049)
I think I am, I always want to see things in the positive ways.
@sofssu (20403)
@ilocosboy This is the way life should be lived.. what is the point of making ourselves miserable..
@ilocosboy (42049)
I agree
I have learned to be a positive thinker ever since I became all alone. I realized that if I was going to be able to do my work and live day by day I had to be positive otherwise I couldn't do anything.
@sofssu (20403)
@RasmaSandra Aww sorry about that.. but that I am sure has been your courage and strength and as the French say raison d'etre. I am so happy for you.
@salonga (27952)
It is always good to think positive so I always try my best to think that way.
@sofssu (20403)
@salonga Hey good to see you.. How have you been? Yep, its easy to be positive when you have strong faith.
Most of the time I think that I'm positive. I try to stay away from negative people.
@sofssu (20403)
@Susan2015 Glad to know that.. I also keep away from very negative people if I feel they are rubbing off on me.
@responsiveme (22024)
Was a worrier...Then saw it doesn't help..So now pep myself up and be positive
@sofssu (20403)
@responsiveme That is wonderful.. Its all about changing and adapting.. its called growth.
@sofssu ummm I read Dale Carnegie..How to stop worrying...And other books too. But the basic thing is that I decided I need to make the change...That has to be there otherwise nothing helps
@sofssu (20403)
@responsiveme Be the change you want to see.. M K Gandhi . Its our life we should do ourselves a favor and worry less. The simple logic.
@oahuwriter (4621)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
I lean towards being a positive thinker. Always searching for solutions if anything goes south and like working together with people when things do go a little or a lot south.
@sofssu (20403)
@oahuwriter Searching for solutions and working with people takes your mind off worries ,. i agree. This is positive thinking in action.
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@sofssu It's good to be cautious and optimistic at the same time too.
@sofssu (20403)
@oahuwriter cautious is fine.. worrying isn't.
@ridingbet (63729)
i am a warrior but my sister is the worrier. hahaha
@sofssu (20403)
@ridingbet Hey .. how are you.. Yes I know that you are the warrior turn that sister of yours into a warrior too.
@ridingbet (63729)
@sofssu my sister will always be the worrier. i think it won't change anymore.
@sofssu (20403)
@ridingbet There is nothing or no one who will not change.. don't give up yet. You'll be doing her big favor.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
I need to cultivate it first. I was hoping that yoga could help me, in a faster mode but, it takes more.
@sofssu (20403)
@moonandstars Yoga calms your mind but this is active mind work at first.. just be aware and correct yourself frequently.. you would have cultivated it.. The trick is self awareness.
• Croatia (Hrvatska)
@sofssu Thanks
@sofssu (20403)
@Sreekala (25447)
I am a positive thinker for sure. But my hubby is just opposite
@sofssu (20403)
@Sreekala so the opposites attract.
@Sreekala (25447)
@sofssu (20403)
• Karawaci, Indonesia
I think positively, and it provides benefits, namely calmness in the heart
@sofssu (20403)
@Astriandromeda true, it does much more .. makes life easier and enjoyable.
• Karawaci, Indonesia
@sofssu thats right
I ooze with positive thoughts as that is my survival This article on my accident will prove that to you
Available Balance FORUM GROUPS HOW TO WORK & EARN ACTIVITY HelloGuest Log In MEMBERS BLOG Happy moments in the worst scenario Health bestwriter June 18, 2016 4 " addthis:title="" addthis:media=""> It is rare that one can find happy moments in a situation w
@sofssu (20403)
@allknowing Glad to hear that.. I will take a look at it later when I have a little more time on my hands.
@sofssu You will see how positive I was when you read that article
I am kind of a worst case scenario thinker myself.
@sofssu (20403)
@maezee does that fill you with worry and anxiety?
@maximax8 (29148)
I try to make plans to help situations. Like I wished to pay off my mortgage and I worked out a plan to overpay and pay it off as soon as I could afford to. When I was a child I held a globe and said I am going to travel here, there and everywhere. My mum asked me not to be so silly. My sister commented that I wouldn't be able to afford to do that. When I was a teenager I got a paper round in my local area. I saved up my wages and asked my mum if we would go on a week's vacation if I paid for my share of the cost. My mum booked a last minute trip to a Greek Island in June 1987. My school let me have a week off. We went to the Greek Island and the weather was unusually hot for June. I had an amazing time and we met some friendly people on the sunny island. I got a Saturday job at a shop when I was 16 years old and I saved my wages. I asked my mum if when I was 17 years old I could go on a trip with a friend and she said yes. My friend Nicole and I went on a trip to Amsterdam in the Netherlands. We loved seeing the picturesque canals. It was hard for me when the further education college in Kent closed down. I was transferred to a further education college in London. I made sure I made the best of living in a halls of residence in London. I went to all the places to do sightseeing. At 18 years old I wished to travel again and came up with a way to travel more cheaply so I could afford to go. Positive thinking really helped me you see. I went to work for a family in Finland and came home on an inter rail pass.
@sofssu (20403)
@maximax8 Wow what a story.. honestly I believe that we create our own future in our thoughts.. They say things happen twice, once in our thoughts and then in the so called reality.. You are a living proof of it.. I do have my own story too.. Thanks for sharing.. I appreciate this very much. God bless.
I am a positive thinker, but there will always be times you will worry, no matter what.
@sofssu (20403)
@andriaperry that is the normal for anyone as long as we don't get bogged down by it.
I am a worrier, big time. But I still try to be positive despite the problems/challenges coming my way
@sofssu (20403)
@freelancermariagrace That is how all of start.. Hope you get to the point of less worrying.
I'm a positive thinker most of the time, but I have my weakness's.
@sofssu (20403)
@TRBRocks420 All of us have weaknesses.. positive thinking helps us overcome them.
• South Korea
I'm a very positive person. I don't like worrying about how things may come out in my life. Just be it. Being positive makes a person stress free and it's good for my wringles... It's not that I dont worry at all of course I do so. But for me what is meant to be, will meant to be.
@sofssu (20403)
@seraseraphina18 Great attitude.. There is no point in worrying.. It changes nothing but saps your energy so why wallow in it. It will be a lie to say we never worry, but we don't get drowned by it.. you are right there.