Belated December Crockpot (Stovetop and Oven) Recipe Report Card

@KristenH (25582)
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Better late than never, as promised, here's what meals I've made last month and how I rated them on the stove and crockpot. Once again, it's a mix of some incompletes (the pies), some hits and one miss. And that's not too bad after all. Here's the lowdown on the recipes: 1.Extraordinary Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese (Mom's recipe box.)-D-. Once again, I had a problem with making the sauce and the macaroni. So I had no leftovers for this meal. I'll redoing it for another redemption round later this spring. 2. Crockpot Peanut Butter Lava Cake (2x)-A+. The second time was the charm as I let it cook for 2 hours. This was delicious. I even had two rounds of leftovers last month for a filling desert. 2. Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwich-A-. All you need was a tomato and Italian dressing on the bread. A quick and simple meal to add with soup on a cold night. No leftovers since I had one sandwich. 3. Turkey Veggie Meatloaf Cups-A-. Though I made six in my muffin tins, it came out real well and pretty filling to add. I had leftovers with only half of my cups to have for another night. 4. BBQ Lentils-A+. Delicious and scrumptious for a quick meal. I had leftovers for sure. 5. Chicken Pepper Pasta--A+. A fantastic combo of chicken and pasta to cook on the stove and be put together. I've made enough for two servings and had no leftovers. 6. Rich Pecan Pie-Incomplete. Since my brother brought me a frozen pecan pie last month, I didn't make it. But I will this month, probably toward this weekend. 7. Sweet Potato Casserole--A-. This came out pretty good and easy to make for a side dish. I've had no leftovers. 8. Cheese Garlic Biscuits--Incomplete. I ran out of shredded cheddar cheese and biscuits to make it last month. I'll make it next month. 9. Maple Salmon-A+. Very easy to make on a Friday night and add with any side dish to complete the meal. I loved the sauce. 10. Classic Walnut Pie--Incomplete. I didn't have a chance to make it and will do it next week. 11. Crockpot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham--A-. Whether as a side dish or a main meal, this hit the spot even by used ham steak as cooked ham. I had enough for one round of leftovers. 12. Fast N Fabulous Dark Chocolate Fudge (x2)-Incomplete. I didn't get a chance to make it and will do it later this month. 13. Country Creamed Chicken-A-. A simple dish to put together with canned green beans--and for an alternative twist, add fresh corn kernels. I might try that at another time. And yes I had one round of leftovers. 14. Stuffed Butternut Squash--A-. I had no problems cutting the squash with my knife, though I did get a tiny cut on my finger. Yay! I had one half for one meal and the second half for leftovers for last Friday night. I had leftover veggies and rice for the stuffing too. 15 . Stuffed Chicken Breasts-B. Once again, I had trouble flattening my chicken and stuffing it. Though it came apart when I turned it over, it came out all right. I need to get toothpicks somewhere down the road. That's about it. Stay tuned tomorrow for my January recipe list! Bon appetite!
Maple salmon sounds nice.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
It does. Real easy to cook on the stove and to coat the salmon.
That peanut butter cake sounds interesting!
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
It does. It's real easy to make in a crockpot.
@KristenH dont have one of them, but good to know.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Courtlynn Maybe someday. Yep.
You sound like you are doing well in cooking! did you have problems getting the peanut butter lava cake out of the crockpot once it was done? i tried a triple chocolate cake in the crockpot that fell apart in chunks when I tried to get it out of crockpot some time ago
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Pretty well Jen. Not many problems getting it up since I used a big spoon and spatula to lift it out. Oh bummer! Did you grease the crockpot?
@KristenH I tried a spatula i think. but don't think I greased the crockpot as it didn't say to in the recipe. thank you for the advice about greasing the crockpot. i am going to try it again someday doing it that way
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Marty1 Did you try a knife? That's what I read. I made cross-cuts with knife and the lift it with spatula. Welcome! Go for it.
Sounds like a good recipe month. Too bad you didn't have time for any of the desserts.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yeah it's a bummer. But I'll be making 6 desserts this month including the fudge. Thanks!
@KristenH I hope they all turn out perfect.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@just4him Thanks!
I see some tasty choices on there. I would be especially interested in the Stuffed Butternut Squash and the Peanut Butter Lava cake. Maybe once my bills are all paid for the month..I will scout around for the ingredients to make these.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I'll be happy to message you the recipes for you to give it a try this weekend. Go for it! Real easy to make.
@KristenH I am sure I will try them at some point. Thanks
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@snowy22315 Welcome. I'll send them to you tomorrow morning.
@Tina30219 (38527)
• Onaway, Michigan
It all sounds very yummy
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Indeed! Delicious!
@Tina30219 (38527)
• Onaway, Michigan
@KristenH I bet
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Tina30219 Oh yeah.
You have been busy in the kitchen.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Yes indeed.
I have never heard of bbq lentils.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Real easy to make in the crockpot with 2 ingredients. Tastes yummy after 8 hours in the crockpot. Me neither. But it was good!
Is m going to try scallop potatoes and ham in the crock pot.
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Go for it. I'll be happy to send you the recipe link.
@KristenH Thanks that would be great
@KristenH (25582)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
@Happy2BeMe Sure. I'll send it to you tomorrow morning. I'm glad to share.