"The foot is good." .... "The foot is not good."

Perth, Australia
Saw my dad today. I walked in pretty happy because yesterday he told me that the doctors said his foot was improving. But for some reason today, other doctors have told him the opposite. His foot is still hooked up to this machine to help clean it and then I guess Monday will now be the day to decide whether or not the foot can be saved. I feel bummed out for my dad because he is confused. We all are because it went from good news to not so good news. He will be starting some type of drink today that apparently helps with healing. So due to this news, I walked out unhappy. I didn't realise that he has been away from home for 11 days now.
@Daljinder (22123)
Right now I am thinking that this all could have been avoided. Its something which will never be undone.
@sugartoes (45295)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@Daljinder you & me both, if he had of just went to the dr's a LOT sooner when it 1st started he may have been a lot better by now, but NOW it's a hit or miss ordeal he may OR may not lose his foot but I bet he wish's he had of went a lot sooner than he did.
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes @Daljinder Yep! Definitely could have been avoided but will try focus on what needs to be done now rather than what could have been done.
@sugartoes (45295)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 put that behind you & work on what's ahead.
@ZedSmart (4093)
I hope that he will be OK. Over a year ago, my brother-in-law was scheduled to be his foot amputated, I mean included the leg almost up to the knee. He's also a diabetic and his wound in toe was that bad and did not respond well to the medication. Good thing that they looked for another option and went to other surgery clinic and have it there managed. Only the toe has been removed. He is now OK although now more careful and managed his diabetes as he could.
• Perth, Australia
@ZedSmart Thank you kindly. So do I.
@ZedSmart (4093)
@VivaLaDani13 Although it's tough, and I know that it's not also easy for us we must draw some strength from deep within to overcome the situation.
@1hopefulman (37261)
Jut when things were starting to look good! Let's hope things work out well.
• Perth, Australia
@1hopefulman Thank you. So far there's been some positive news lately. So that's good.
Prayers going out that he will be okay. I know a guy that lost his leg too it, but they gave him a fake leg and, he gets around pretty good.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Thank you. I'm glad he gets around ok.
Some doctors are optimist, some tend to prefer to be on the pessimist side because they do not want to give hopes. Wait until Monday, I hope the foot will be fine.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck A nurse who is looking after my dad ( well actually there are a handful of them ) told my dad that the doctors shouldn't have told him it was looking bad again and giving him mixed messages. At least the news is positive again!
@VivaLaDani13 It is not at all good giving bad news, it is depressing for the patient.
• Perth, Australia
@LadyDuck Sure is. And my dad is super bored too. He can't exactly do much. We have him a few things to play around with but I know he'd prefer to get out of that room.
I'm sorry about your dad's foot.
• Perth, Australia
@just4him Thank you. It's very slowly improving.
@VivaLaDani13 I'm glad it's improving.
@sugartoes (45295)
• Greencastle, Indiana
OH I am so sorry to hear this kind of news when it's wishy washy cause you don't know what to think or to expect, that is NEVER good. I sure hope & pray that he will get better soon cause I know it's hard on you & him, hows the rest of the family holding up with all this?
• Perth, Australia
@sugartoes Thank you very much. They are pretty much just like me. Worried and hoping for the best.
@sugartoes (45295)
• Greencastle, Indiana
@VivaLaDani13 AWESOME glad to hear that.
I will keep praying. There has been improvement so that is a good thing. Try to keep positive thoughts .
• Perth, Australia
@Happy2BeMe Thank you. And yeah any positive news is good to me.
@VivaLaDani13 Yes for sure!!
@MissNikki (3128)
• Maple Ridge, British Columbia
I hope your dad's foot heals soon!
• Perth, Australia
MissNikki Thank you very much Nikki!
@Shiva49 (15065)
Let us hope and pray for the best outcome - siva
• Perth, Australia
@Shiva49 Thank you kindly.
@louievill (20989)
I'm with you in hoping and praying for your Dad to get well and that it would just all be good news after this
• Perth, Australia
@louievill Thank you very much! Appreciate it!
@didinedhia (1995)
• Algeria
hope he will hill soon
• Perth, Australia
@didinedhia Thank you. Me too. Just keep asking myself when will all of this stop for him and for him to just be ok!