No answers here

@sallypup (31265)
Moses Lake, Washington
Old Man winter snuck in a hard smacking football at us yesterday. We got through December and January in good shape. We marveled at the budding trees and worried. I worried, anyway. And you got it. A February blizzard. Yup. We had a good one yesterday. Roads closed. Folks who think they can drive over a cliff and come out in great shape griped. The wind gusted all day anyway from 20 miles an hour to 40. And it snowed. I feel very bad for the state patrol folks and local cops who had to go out and make sure that folks were okay and not stranded cause they were being stupid. Its better today. Kind of. Sort of. In a bit we'll head out and clear the deck and the path and drive the car down the driveway and back in- to make a track. The weather forecast says its not going to be much better for at least ten days. Yeah. Ten days of snow and ice. I have no clue on how hubby will get to work. None. First we'll get the deck cleared and go from there. The power hung in there and continued to give us precious water and heat. I am grateful. Very grateful.
Blizzards can be rough..our week is supposed to be rainy but no snow is expected.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@snowy22315 If its not freezing rain, that sounds ducky.
That's no fun at all ..... and here I was gripping cuz it won't go over 57 today, the nerve, right?
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann The snow plows were out today. I wish one of the guys in the big rumped pickups would run down my driveway just once. That would save me and my little car a whole lot of grief. Their truck's tracks would really make a difference.
I'm afraid I woulldn't know about that @sallypup the last time it snowed where I live was back in 2015 and 2016 but it always melted before noon.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@rebelann I hate to show my weakness but I did. I told my neighborhood group that it would be nice if someone with a big truck could drive my road and make big tracks for my car to drive in. A lady answered and then another guy with a tractor also answered. It looks I'll get help tomorrow.
Being without heat in such conditions would be a nightmare. I do hope you stay safe and warm.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv It would be. Great time to burrow under covers! So far so good and we're lucky that hubby has extra time for vacation so he does not plan to go to work tomorrow. We'll see about Tuesday when it gets here.
@sallypup Good idea.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JudyEv I got humble. I put a notice out on Facebook, in my neighborhood watch and asked if anyone with a big truck could drive down my driveway? The tire tracks would give my car a better place to go than the snow drifts. I got two answers and one person has a tractor. I hate to ask but felt the need.
@bunnybon7 (38816)
• Holiday, Florida
i am sure it was a big relief that the power stays on. i know that is the one thing helped me not have a heart attack last year going through the hurricane here. luckily when it did go for 8 hrs. it was daylight and cool enough for us and our fridge was not full. we mostly had pantry food on hand and our grill. God was with us
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@bunnybon7 Living through a hurricane must have been something. That wind must sound terrible.
@bunnybon7 (38816)
• Holiday, Florida
@sallypup it was awful scary. sounded like we were living under a railroad track with constant trains running and things beating against the walls. everything was shut down like shutters over the windows and sand bags against the doors. couldn't look outside. but probably would not really have wanted to either
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@bunnybon7 Oh my goodness. What a nightmare. I'm sorry you went through that.
So glad you have power! Those conditions sound so dangerous.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 The state patrol showed a photo of a truck covered almost totally by snow. The dummy driving the truck had driven around the sign "Road Closed!!!" So somebody had to get in there and rescue that stupid egg head. I hope he/she gets a huge fine.
@sallypup I hope a huge fine is levied upon that individual too. Endangered himself and the rescuers.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Corbin5 The protective head gear that is issued for the state patrol is something else. Right out of a sci fi movie.
Ohhh! Keep that mess up there! Its just cold here, well according to the southerners in the 40`s and 50`s.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@andriaperry 40's sounds dreamy. I've been out trying to shovel shove a good sized snow drift off my driveway. Hubby says car can get through. I say its up past my ankles: can it??
• Midland, Michigan
@sallypup if it's a light snow a car may be able to drive through it but if it's a wet snow it would be harder. I'm surprised at how high the snow can be for my daughter to get through. She has a sedan. I prefer minivans but some of those ride a bit to close to the ground too, so it's hard to know for sure.
• Agra, India
That is a lot of snow
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@amitkokiladitya Good to hear from you.
• Agra, India
@sallypup thanks and likewise
We had a foot by last Monday. We've had snow, ice and rain. The next few days will be more snow.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Susan2015 You are having similar weather to me, except for the rain.
@wolfgirl569 (19138)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad the electric stayed on for you. That is always great. Be careful when you do have to go out.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@wolfgirl569 Yeah we put extra water into containers just in case that power went out..... need that power to run the well pump. Thanks for your well wishes.
@Hate2Iron (9836)
I have a feeling that you are getting what we had... At least you know that it's going to get better if you can get through the horrible stuff!
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hate2Iron. Thanks. What worries me is that the next 10 days are not going above freezing plus wet stuff happening. Not a sweet combo.
We got about a foot of snow here, no way out of the drive way lol.
@sallypup (31265)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 I hear you about the driveway issue. Mine is about 2 blocks long. I'll find out soon enough.
You both are lucky you didn't lose power. Yet another rotten thing about winter storms.
@Nevena83 (13801)
• Serbia
I know what it looks like when you're snowy and ice-bound.
• Midland, Michigan
I saw where you are from and had to see if you were about this awful storm. That storm is heading out way later this week and before it arrives we have one or two others getting us ready for it. We got one inch yesterday off only snow, thankfully. Most of us already have two to three inches of ice on our years, sideways and sidewalks. Only the main roads are mostly free of ice, all the streets are like skating thinks. Tomorrow we have 3-5 inches of snow if not more coming which will actually give us some stability on the icy areas. Only the roads are worse when it snows and we have the same site drivers here as you have and our drivers should know better. Most schools have been closed for eleven days. I've been giving God permission to calm the storm systems much like Jesus calmed the sea when he and his apostles were on the boat and things got choppy. No state needed this.