Why do most long term relationships fail?

Davao, Philippines
I think it's best to tie the knot on a span of 1-2 years of dating. Because when you're married, you wont have any choice but to accept each other's flaws and imperfections.
@ShyBear88 (20405)
I have to disagree for some people 1-2 years could be rushing and for other not. Over all you will never know a 100% about your partner but for each relationship it’s time stamp of when to get married will change because each relationship changes you a little. A long term relationship works best when you both agree it’s time and it feels right.
• Davao, Philippines
I guess it really depends on the level of the relationship... on how much you're willing to compromise just to be with the person... how you are willing to bend your non-negotiables just to meet half ways... how you would understand and accept the flaws of the other... and until when can you endure. If you picture the other as your lifetime partner, then dont ever let go.
@sugartoes (45279)
• Greencastle, Indiana
I've been married for 31 yrs but we courted for 9 mos B-4 we got married so it's not how long you court the person it's HOW you treat or BE treated, respect, honesty.
• Davao, Philippines
This is so true. I've heard a lot of successful marriages even on a short span of dating period. I believe that what you just said is the key to a successful relationship. And of course, respect on each other's differences and compromise.
We got married after dating for 15 years . For me, the longer you know a person, the more you know how you work as a team. A couple should be accepting of each other and have a good relationship before committing to marriage.
• Davao, Philippines
Wow! Such an inspiring true to life story... marrying your long term partner is such a rare case nowadays.
@1creekgirl (14157)
We've been married almost 53 years and I wouldn't trade him for anyone else. I might lease him out once in a while, though.
• Davao, Philippines
Relationships like yours should be heard out to inspire people- married people in particular.
@Nana49 (1224)
I agree with this.. People dont always show there true colors til you have been with them long term 1-2 years is a good number to date before getting married However if they have habits along the way that you don't like ..important to make sure you can live with them because they wont change those after your married ..
• Davao, Philippines
I totally agree with this!
It is because they are maybe rushing to be together and don't really have the chance to know themselves better.So It is important that when they tied the knot they are both ready and decide it whatever it takes them.