~Evening in The E.R~

Lenox, Georgia
Good morning everyone! I hope you're all doing lovely today!! God is amazing and He loves you! 1 John 3:1-"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him." (When you grow closer to the Lord you no longer fit in or are accepted in this world which is fine with me!) So...my oldest daughter Jazzalynn has been having some health issues this week. None seemed serious enough to worry until last night when she passed out (fainted) in my husband's arms! That caused alarm so we took her to the ER. They did an IV and blood work. It came back within an hour, she has anemia (very low iron). It explains all of the symptoms she's been having. Extreme fatigue, weakness, shortness of breath, dizzy, fainting, and pale skin. So, she needs to eat more iron enriched foods and take iron pills. We are exhausted since we got home after 2:30 in the morning and I was back up at 7am with the boys. Nap might be in my future today, lol. I promise I will respond to my other discussion, just been a crazy time and I wanted to update about this since I know some of y'all already love Jazzalynn! Please keep her in your prayers and let me know if you need any prayers of your own!! =) Image by For God's Glory Photography of Jazzalynn
As least you know the problem now and can address it.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Johnroberts Exactly, I'm so grateful for that! Answers are a wonderful thing.
@Tina30219 (39748)
• Onaway, Michigan
Sorry to hear about your daughter. She will be in my prayers.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Tina30219 Thank you, I'm just so glad to know what's been going on with her.
@Tina30219 (39748)
• Onaway, Michigan
@LovingMyBabies Right we hate seeing our babies sick.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Tina30219 Absolutely.
Maybe all of the kids need supplemental iron. Sorry for the issues.
• Lenox, Georgia
@snowy22315 Until they show signs of a problem there isn't one. I'm also anemic, the doctor said it's not surprising she is too since I am.
@LovingMyBabies Why put them through having symptoms though? At least children's vitamins with iron should be good.
• Lenox, Georgia
@snowy22315 They take kids vitamins every morning, they all do. Unfortunately that wasn't enough for her. Because I don't force health problems on my kids if they don't have them or medicine for that matter either.
That must have been scary. I am anemic too and take iron pills. I hope she feels better soon once she starts taking them.
• Lenox, Georgia
@shaggin It was scary! I'm also anemic so the doctors weren't surprised that she was as well. Thank you. =)
@LovingMyBabies do you and your daughter eat meat? I do not that is likely the reason.
• Lenox, Georgia
@shaggin We LOVE meat but hate vegetables and I'm allergic to seafood so we never ever have that. We also can't afford steak and such often so that could be why as well.
Good morning my friend and, she will be in my prayers, also beautiful photo :) Tell her to eat lots of iron foods :)
• Lenox, Georgia
@TRBRocks420 Thank you! =) Yes she will be from now on!
@LovingMyBabies You're welcome :)
this you can take care of.Once she is on the right med.She is on her way.
• Lenox, Georgia
@a made Yes thank God we have answers now and a solution.
Wow that must have been pretty scary but glad she's okay. Give her my love and hope she starts feeling better.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Marilynda1225 It was but we're so glad to have answers now. Thanks, I will!
@akalinus (24501)
Praying that she will soon be better. A dear friend has a son named Mason. He is in hospice with pneumonia and liver failure. He is only in his twenties.
• Lenox, Georgia
@akalinus Oh no, I will be praying for Mason for healing. =(
• Lenox, Georgia
@akalinus Aw, so much for one person to go through. =(
@akalinus (24501)
@LovingMyBabies She has been through a lot. When she was five, she was kidnapped and taken to another state. The FBI rescued her.
@dodo19 (35096)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
Sorry to hear that you guys had to rush to the hospital. At least you know what the issue is.
• Lenox, Georgia
@dodo19 Thank you. Yes I'm grateful for answers.
Give her my love. She will start feeling so much better once her iron level rise. Hope you are able to get a nap in today.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Happy2beme I will, thank you. :) Yes she will. Thanks, I do too! Lol
How frightening for you all. Give her a hug for me, and one for yourself. I hope that she can take the iron pills, they can be hard on your body. I have had to take them not that long ago, and I didn't like what it did to me. They always upset my stomach, so if she complains about that, she's feeling the side effects.
• Lenox, Georgia
@juliaacv Thank you!! We are going to try diet changes first, then if that doesn't help we will go to the pills. I'm not a big medicine person-for me or my kids unless absolutely necessary.
@LovingMyBabies That's a smarter alternative, those pills are so hard on a person. Does she like spinache? That is loaded with iron and there are so many things you can do with it-quiche, dips, salads.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Juliaacv She hates vegetables of any kind. But she does like other things high in iron like nuts and red meat.
Sorry I was half asleep, and then asleep, when you messaged about it last night . I hate that you had to take her to the ER, but am so glad you guys have answers now. And hope she feels much better soon. And that none of the other kids have it in their future. Big hugs to everyone.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Courtlynn I totally understand! It was late. Lol. I would have been sleeping too if I could have. Thank you very much! We are so grateful for answers as well, we needed them.
@LovingMyBabies im usually up at that time, but last night I was actually able to sleep a little bit earlier than normal, and passed out with mom on the livingroom floor watching tv. LOL. Welcome. if you ever need to talk, text
@CarolDM (15475)
At least you now know what you are dealing with. Glad it was nothing serious.
• Lenox, Georgia
@CarolDM Exactly. Thank you.
@CarolDM (15475)
@LovingMyBabies You are welcome.
I'm glad you found the cause and it's an easy fix. I'll pray for her.
• Lenox, Georgia
@just4him Thank you so much for praying!
@LovingMyBabies You're welcome.
Yikes! What a scare that must have been. So glad you can get her back to good health now that you know what caused her fainting and other issues.
• Lenox, Georgia
@DianneN It was very scary seeing her pass out like that. Thank you, we are grateful for answers.
@LeaPea2417 (23800)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Wow, I am praying for Jazzalynn. I know the feeling. When I was a teen, I had to take iron pills because I had low iron.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Leapea2417 Thanks for praying! :) I have been anemic most of my life as well.
@LeaPea2417 (23800)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LovingMyBabies your welcome
Many cereals, especially hot cereals, are iron enriched. When hubby would be low and try to give blood at a Red Cross drive they told him to eat raisins. Dried fruits in general are helpful. You also absorb more iron from your meals if you also have vitamin C with it, so for instance eggs and a glass of juice at breakfast.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Gardengerty Yes we looked it all up yesterday, lol. We're going to do the diet change first and pray. She will be great! =)
That was extreme anemia! I was anemic as a child and they made me take iron in liquid form. It was as nasty as it sounds. I was so thankful when they let me take the pill form! I think Jazzalynn is a beautiful name.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Ambiepam Yeah, it seemed to have came out of nowhere for her. =( She was fine before a week ago, so strange. I'm grateful we know what's been happening with her though now. Thank you, I love how unique it is. =)
That's bad news that she is having health issues but good that the problem has been picked up.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Judyev We are grateful for the answers we got. =)
She is in my prayers. It is good that at least you now know the cause of the symptoms she has been experiencing.
• Lenox, Georgia
@Corbin5 Thank you very much. :) Yes we are so grateful to know what's been going on with her.