Will Today be the Day?

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It will be two weeks on Thursday since I had my car and the brakes went out. Two weeks since I was in the pool. Two weeks of going stir crazy and having cabin fever. Two weeks. We got parts on Saturday and he started working on it. He said he had to work on Sunday, so I would have it yesterday or today. It wasn't yesterday. So, I'm hoping for a phone call today, or him showing up with my car. However, as I went to sleep last night, I remembered he also needs to do the tuneup, the reason the car didn't work when it was very cold, and it took him half an hour to get it started. I know we didn't pick up the parts for it on Saturday, only the brakes. I am prepared for the additional cost. God provided that on Sunday to my surprise. I know when I opened the envelope someone gave me, the amount I needed was there. So, I wait, knowing it could be a little longer as he takes care of the tuneup too. Yes, I have cabin fever. The sun is shining. The day is getting warmer. 43 today. We're getting up to 55 F by Thursday. However, it's supposed to rain starting tonight through Thursday, and I know he doesn't like working in a swamp of a driveway as he has a gravel driveway. I expect he'll be working on it as much as possible before the rain starts. I hope he can get it finished. Otherwise, it will be a long week. How is your day? Notifications are finished. It's time to eat breakfast and get to work on New Horizons. I have less than a hundred pages to go with that edit. Then I will start work on the second book in the series started with last year's NaNoWriMo. Thanks for reading. The picture is my son.
so sorry about the waiting.Something you do not want to rush into things. Nice photo of your son there.Keep cool
Thank you. I'm not rushing.
Nice looking son you got! I remember not having a car and how you feel. maybe he will get it all done today.
Not today. Saturday. Thank you. Yes, he's handsome.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I was a year without a car and it was not fun! I'm so use to getting things done, whenever the time is right. I'm sure your son is trying hard, to get your car finished by tomorrow. Another good prayer item:) God is faithful, even when I'm not! A very nice picture of your son:)
Thank you. I'm still waiting. My son called. It's going to be a few more days.
@kobesbuddy (66235)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him A man was fixing Jay's truck. Tim had it for six months! I'm glad your son is working on it, a man you know you can trust:)
@kobesbuddy Yes, he is. It's just taking longer than expected.
Your son is so handsome! He knows how badly you need your car, and I'm sure he's doing the best he can for you. I, too, hope today is the day.
You have better news than I do. Saturday now. Thank you. Yes, he is. And he knows it too.
@just4him Oh, my! But the rest is good.
@DianneN No more pool for me. I just can't afford it anymore.
@FayeHazel (25787)
2 weeks already? ugh! I hope you get it back soon. I love it. I know God provides, but it is always so nice when you get some help with something financial or other - that comes up/ Hope you get back to the pool soon. Your son is cute. ;-)
I know it seems hard to believe, but it's been two weeks. I'll have it back on Saturday. No more pool.
@FayeHazel (25787)
@just4him Wow. Well happy you have a day for the return now. Why no more pool? Not even when you get it back?
@FayeHazel After I get the car back, I'm going to need to get to the eye doctor, and you know they aren't cheap either. Though I will buy my glasses online. I need three pairs, but might only get two, we'll see. My reading glasses make my eyes blurry after a while, but then so do my bifocals if I use them to read with instead of the readers. As for my computer glasses, I can tell as I'm typing this, I need to get new ones.
Oh my, I am so sorry you are still waiting, let's hope today is the day.
Thank you. Now, it's Saturday.
@just4him Do you mean that you still have to wait 3 days? I am sorry.
@LadyDuck Yes, and I hope that's all I'll wait. He couldn't work on it yesterday or today due to the rain, and tomorrow it looks like snow again, so working on it tomorrow is also out of the question. Saturday is the first nice day of the week since Tuesday when he'll be able to work on the car.
@just4him It is very hard when we are so used to ways we get around and now you are without. I sure hope you get it back this week for sure so you can do the pool and other things you want to do to have your freedom back.
Thank you. However, I won't be returning to the pool, at least not in the near future.
@just4him Why won't you be returning to the pool right now when you get your car back?
@Hannihar I need to get my eyes taken care of.
I hope you get your car back soon. Cabin fever is no fun
No, it's not, but at least I got out of the apartment yesterday and will again this morning, so there is relief. Thank you. I hope so too.
@just4him Glad you were able to get out!
@SophiaMorros Thank you. It was good to get out.
Wonderful picture of your son. I do hope you get your car back soon. It is no fun being stuck at home.
No, it's not. Looks like Saturday now.
@just4him Oh dear. Well, eventually you will have your car.
@Corbin5 Yes, eventually. I only need the weather to cooperate.
• Agra, India
I hope to have a good day ahead. I wish the same for you
17h
Thank you. It was a good day.
• Agra, India
16h
@just4him I also had a good day today. thanks a lot
@Janet357 (10131)
A very nice son, assisting his mom. You know, God Jah is always good, providing what we need even before we need it. I hope that it gets done so that you can drive it around. My sunday was over. It was kinda busy but i enjoyed my day with friends.
Yes, God is GOOD. He provides everything I need. Thank you. Yes, he is a very nice son. I'm glad you had a good Sunday.
@Janet357 (10131)
@just4him thank you ms. Val.
Im sorry you still dont have it back.
Thank you. I'll get it back, hopefully on Saturday if the weather holds out.
Very sorry that it is taking so long for your car to be ready. I understand that you have "cabin fever" and my wish for you is that it is happening now! Or tomorrow morning.
He called. Saturday.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
Good looking guy. I hope you get your car today. I know how it feels not to have one.
Thank you. Yes, he is. Not today. Saturday.
I am praying that today is the day, For me it is a quiet day so far, wrote an article and had coffee, that's it so far.
I like quiet days, especially when I can quiet my thoughts and totally relax. I hope that's the kind of day you're having. Saturday now.
Keep your fingers crossed on the car situation.
Thank you. It looks like Saturday now.
I know what I would be like if I didn't have a car available so I feel your pain. Roomie got some good news on his, the vehicle cost will be about half of what they told him here locally, but he will have to pay his brother back for the repairs. He isn't going to like that, but he can probably manage it.
That's good it's half what he was quoted. Thank you.
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
I hope your car will be repaired today. Enjoy your breakfast.
Breakfast was good. No car yet. Saturday.
I can certainly relate to you having cabin fever. Not having your car and being stuck at home can be frustrating. Here's hoping he can get it all done today so you can get back to the pool etc. Fingers crossed
No more pool. The car won't be ready before Saturday.