Update on my Ordeal Yesterday

@CarolDM (18900)
Yes I am still talking about the fall and passing out that happened to me yesterday. Sorry I am still talking about it, but some have asked how I am so here is an update. My husband told me I actually was sitting on the stool and just slumped over, passed out while sitting. He got me on the floor because he had enough sense to know he had to get my blood pumping again and oxygen to my brain. It is scary to know I was unconscious for a few minutes. Never thought about it but if I had been alone, in the slumped position, I may not have made it. Anyway, I did and I am a little better today. I had a long night, could not get comfortable and still try sore, but feel a little better today. I am doing a little around the house and then I sit down Taking it slow. It could have been so much worse. I could have hit the floor. Thanks to all of you who have asked about me. I appreciate your concern. This ordeal really scared me. To pass out is nothing I want to do again, for sure. Hope you are all doing good today. Plans for this Tuesday?
@UncleJoe (12944)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
One time when I took my kids to the Youth Center I got so dizzy that I passed out and fell down a flight of stairs. When I came to I discovered that I had won first place in a break dancing contest.
@CarolDM (18900)
You are so funny, t hanks for the smile. I need that.
I prayed for your recovery and am so happy you are feeling so much better. Thank goodness your husband was around to know what to do for you. I hope you continue to recover steadily.
@CarolDM (18900)
Thank you my friend, that was so kind of you. I was very scared and better today, even though my knees are swollen and bruised. I am keeping them iced. My doctor said it may take some time and if the pain is not better to come in for X-rays.
@CarolDM Hopefully, every day will have them getting better and better. I know you will let your knees let you know if you need X-rays.
@CarolDM (18900)
@DianneN I hope so Dianne. It still scares me to know I was actually unconscious for a few minutes.
@arunima25 (13923)
• Bangalore, India
I hope it was not some sort of seizure.. It sounds like one. Thank goodness your husband was around you. Take care. I will pray for your steady recovery.
@CarolDM (18900)
No I don't think it was, I wasn't out for very long. Thank you.
@arunima25 (13923)
• Bangalore, India
@CarolDM Seizures can be any thing between 1 minute to 15 minutes. I hope you have been through all the needful medical tests and examinations. It is good if it was not a seizure.
@CarolDM (18900)
@arunima25 I have not been to the doctor yet.
I missed your previous post, I am so sorry for what happened to you. Do you know if it was a sudden drop in your blood pressure?
@CarolDM (18900)
I guess, I may never know, but my doctor said it could have been from the trauma itself, falling all of a sudden, getting up, that all makes your body anxious and can cause fainting. Very scary how fast it happened.
@CarolDM You are so right, what is scary is the fact that things happen so fast. Take care.
@CarolDM (18900)
@LadyDuck Thanks, still hobbling around but I will be fine.
Have you been to your Dr. on this?
@CarolDM (18900)
No but I have been i touch by phone.
@CarolDM Okay as long your doing this.
@CarolDM (18900)
@amadeo Thank you for your concern.
What does the doctor say?
@CarolDM (18900)
I didn't see her but talked to her and she said it could have been from the trauma itself, falling all of a sudden, getting up, that all makes your body anxious and can cause fainting. Very scary how fast it happened.
@ptrikha_2 (12694)
@CarolDM how are you feeling now. Avoid suddenly getting up from sitting or from bed after sleep.
@Shiva49 (15416)
I didn't see your earlier post. Yes, it could have been much worse but thanks to your husband's presence of mind you lived to tell the tale. Take it easy but find out the real reason for the blackout - siva
@CarolDM (18900)
I could not have made it without him. Thank you so much for your concern.
So good that you were not alone at that time. Glad that you are feeling a bit better.
@CarolDM (18900)
I am moving very slowly, thanks for your concern, and he saved me by being here. I am ok. Just still pain in my knees. Thanks fro your concern, it means a lot.
@CarolDM I am so so sorry what happened to you. Good thing your husband was there to help you. I hope you get better and better each day.
@CarolDM (18900)
Thank you for your concern, it means the world. I know I could not have made it without him being here, I am sure of that. I seem to be improving each day. Still moving slow.
@CarolDM You are welcome. I am just happy he was there to help you.
@CarolDM (18900)
@Hannihar Same here. Thanks again.
• Rupert, Idaho
Well, I am one of those who do appreciate the update...and glad to hear that you are a little better today. And am glad that you were not alone during this ordeal! I would not want to pass out again either, I did once as a kid in school and that was terrifying! Hopefully you will continue to feel better :)
@CarolDM (18900)
I could not have made it without him being here, I am sure of that. I called my doctor said the fainting could have been from the trauma itself, falling all of a sudden, the severe pain, getting up, that all makes your body anxious and can cause fainting. Very scary how fast it happened.
• Rupert, Idaho
@CarolDM Well that is just an amazing thing that he was there!! That makes sense that it could have been from the trauma, I have heard of that happening.
@CarolDM (18900)
@MommyOfEli2013 Yes and it was scary but glad it is over, just sore now.
@nela13 (15263)
• Portugal
Ohh, I didn't know, glad you are feeling better today. Did you went to the doctor?
@CarolDM (18900)
I called my doctor said the fainting could have been from the trauma itself, falling all of a sudden, the severe pain, getting up, that all makes your body anxious and can cause fainting. Very scary how fast it happened.
@nela13 (15263)
• Portugal
@CarolDM sometimes we don't know how things happen, glad you haven't had big injuries.
@CarolDM (18900)
@nela13 Thanks, me too.
@sallypup (31646)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Oh my. I wonder what is wrong? How frightening for you. Today is a weird day for me cause its snowing. Again. In March of all things! Hubby gave up and called the cab this morning. The schools were closed, even. I have to decide whether the snow that is falling right now is sticking and whether I can get the car to drive the access road without getting stuck cause I need to go get him in a couple of hours if I can.
@CarolDM (18900)
@sallypup (31646)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@CarolDM That's interesting. I hope this does not happen again.
@CarolDM (18900)
@sallypup Same here.
@Nevena83 (17878)
• Serbia
I'm glad you are better today. Are you thinking about going to a doctor?
@CarolDM (18900)
Thanks, I am watching it every day to see how it feels and I am keeping ice on it. It if is not better in a few days I will go to the doctor.
@Nevena83 (17878)
• Serbia
@CarolDM I do not think it's anything serious, because if it is, I believe it would hurt you much more. But follow.
@CarolDM (18900)
@Nevena83 Same here, I would have gone to the ER or doctor, I am paying attention to my body. Thanks!
Oh, Carol! Are you okay now? Did you have any symptoms before you passed out? Thankfully, your husband was there with you. Take care.
@CarolDM (18900)
Yes, every day I am better, still moving slow and keeping ice and heat on both knees. Still painful to put weight, but improving some each day and I know I will be better so. I called my doctor said the fainting could have been from the trauma itself, falling all of a sudden, the severe pain, getting up, that all makes your body anxious and can cause fainting. Very scary how fast it happened. Thank you for your concern. It means so much.
@CarolDM Did your doctor give you something to help your from being anxious? Take care, Carol.
@CarolDM (18900)
@everwonderwhy No but I have something, thank you so much for being concerned.
@wolfgirl569 (21675)
• Marion, Ohio
Glad you are feeling a little better. Very glad he was there too. Not much for today.
@CarolDM (18900)
I know, it could have been worse. My knew are swollen and bruised, very strange.
@wolfgirl569 (21675)
• Marion, Ohio
@CarolDM Might want to get them checked. You could have pulled something.
@CarolDM (18900)
@wolfgirl569 Yes you are right. I am being stubborn for a few days and trying the ice.
@moonandstars (13242)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
You should really rest, without doing anything.
@CarolDM (18900)
I am trying, it is very hard. Thanks for the concern. I appreciate it very much.
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
@janethwayne (2608)
Hope that you are okay and have a great day and take care always.
@CarolDM (18900)
Thank you so much for your kindness.
@CarolDM Your welcome.
@Janet357 (10304)
Take care of yourself ms. Carol. Take enough rest and relax.
@CarolDM (18900)
Thank you for your concern it means a lot.
@Janet357 (10304)
@CarolDM welcome Ms. carol.
Was it the pain that caused you to pass out? If it was something else, I would get checked out for sure.
@CarolDM (18900)
That is what my doctor thinks, and the trauma, you get really scared when trauma happens to your body and it has an effect on your blood pressure.I am staying in touch with my doctor, thanks.
@BloggerDi (1413)
I'm so glad to see the positive update you posted Tuesday because I wondered how you were doing. I hope you're still doing well.
@CarolDM (18900)
Thanks, I have to stay positive. i am still in pain in both knees when I walk, so I take my time.