Some cheering up

By sofs
@sofssu (22812)
I called my nephew on the phone yesterday, he is a doctor in the UK , I was updating him about my brother's condition. He is a 27 year old handsome young man. I guess he sensed my anxiety even though I tried to speak very normally. This morning when I woke up I read his message which he sent me overnight. He claims the purpose of his message is to to cheer me up. He was on night duty in the ER and had a patient who came to him with a hip fracture. He advised her to get her surgery done under local anesthesia because of her other medical issues. He told her, "That way you wont feel anything under your hip and there will be no complications too." She answers him say, "I haven't felt anything there love, since my husband died years ago." LOL I did have my laugh for this morning.
• Agra, India
Hahab...I'm.laughing
@sofssu (22812)
That sweet woman has maintained her sense of humour. I think, that's how we people in our golden years tend to be so happy almost most of the time-- our sense of humour. Hahaha!
@sofssu (22812)
@everwonderwhy She has indeed. I love that sense of humor I wish all people in their golden years were as cheerful as you and this sweet lady.
@sofssu I think, having several children, or the lost of a loved one or any some form of pain or fear make us this way--adrenalin response. As our coping mechanism. You know, "A joyful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit dries up the bones (drains ones strength)."
@sofssu (22812)
@everwonderwhy Prov 17:22. I agree, God's word is always true.
@hereandthere (35608)
she was so witty! i think that's the upside of jobs that deal with people - you get a bit of everything!
@sofssu (22812)
@hereandthere Yeah and you need those in the non existent life of a surgeon.
@sofssu non-existent? you mean he works long hours?
Lol my friend.
@sofssu (22812)
@TRBRocks420 LOL Indeed.
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
Ah yes, the good old British wit triumphs in the face of adversity once more If you don't mind me asking where in the UK is your nephew?
@sofssu (22812)
@WorDazza Yes, the good old Brit wit!! He is in Dundee ( I hope I have the spelling right)
@WorDazza (11748)
• Manchester, England
@sofssu Yeah that's right. It's up in Scotland. I played in a football tournament there about 35 years ago. It seemed like a nice city back then. I have no idea what it's like now.
@responsiveme (23044)
Ha ha...What a fantastic sense of humour. Really great..I may say.
@sofssu (22812)
@responsiveme My nephew said that he had something to cheer me up with and was sure I'd laugh .. and so I did.
That was cute. I hope it cheered you up a little bit.
@sofssu (22812)
@jstory07 It really did.
@oahuwriter (6016)
• United States Minor Outlying Islands
@sofssu (22812)
@janethwayne (2439)
He is so good to cheer you up no matter how busy he is.
@sofssu (22812)
@janethwayne He is a sweet lad.
@Mavic123456 (18727)
• Thailand
lol...
@sofssu (22812)
Great sense of humor even when facing surgery. Good of him to pass it along to cheer you up.
@sofssu (22812)
@RasmaSandra She must have been in severe pain and yes what a sense of humor. I did have a good laugh .
@arunima25 (13607)
• Bangalore, India
I am sure you would have had a good laugh reading this. And you must be cheerful now.
That is hilarious! What a pip of a patient he had! So glad you had such a good laugh.
It is early morning here and surely this is not the kind of reading one should be doing
@moonandstars (13019)
• Zagreb, Croatia (Hrvatska)
So many funny experiences on our jobs
@dya80dya (12076)
This is so funny.
That certainly was funny and I'm sure it cheered you up
@nela13 (15047)
• Portugal
eheheheh, I believe he has some more funny stories to cheer up our days
He surely is a very kind man and that woman felt comfortable making jokes with him.
@Shiva49 (15399)
I love such self-deprecating humor. They never fail to elicit a chuckle - siva