March 14, 2019

Green Bay, Wisconsin
It's always good to know what day it is. Especially when you're retired. It's also Thursday, in case you didn't know what day of the week it was either. So, now that you're all caught up with the day and date, the time, well here anyway, is 3:14 PM. Now, that's completely coincidental. For those of you who don't know or are aware yet, it's also Pie Day. The p equation is 3.14, making it the logical day for Pie Day. Have all you pie lovers had your pie today? What about all you mathematical geniuses - have you had your TT today? I'm not a mathematical genius and I rarely eat pie these days. So, I didn't celebrate Pie Day. However, I hope you did. Now for the reason for this post. This morning, being Thursday, was rock painting day as you can see in the photo above. The space shuttle and the three stone lady were done the last time I was at the ADRC but had to wait for them to dry before I could bring them home. All the rest were done today. I gave the Believe in Yourself rock to the lady in the office. She absolutely loved it. The clown was my mess up and had to figure out how to fix it. I think it turned out okay, considering I had no idea how to fix it when I painted over the mess with white and came up with the color I was working for. The clown evolved over the next hour as I worked on other rocks and kept coming back to it and adding to it. I'm very happy with my accomplishment this morning. My friend also took me to lunch with another couple. I stuck mostly to my diet, but they had Gyro on the menu, and though I'm off bread, I couldn't resist as it's been a long time since I had a Gyro. Probably the cucumber sauce isn't on the diet either. However, it was delicious! When we left the restaurant, she showed me where the Jitter Bean is where I'll be meeting with my publisher in two weeks. When I got home, my friend down the hall wanted me to go with her to Big Brothers and Big Sisters. She's the one trying to be a foster parent. She finally got some positive news after a morning of disappointing news. So, she's happy for the first time in a long time. It's been a great day. Now, I'm going to get what I can done here until time to leave once again as there is prayer at church tonight and I have a ride picking me up around 6. The good thing is I'm not feeling stifled in the apartment any longer. No more cabin fever. I don't know what the temp is outside, but it's definitely warming up. Supposed to be 55 F today. Lots of melting going on. Fields have turned into rivers. How are you doing? Yes, I changed my profile picture. I decided I really didn't like it. I told my friend I wanted a new picture, not one so orange. So, when I get my hair done next month, I'll get a new picture taken. That's my day? How's yours? Thanks for reading. Oh, the picture - It's one used for the last book I published.
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
I love pies. The photo is divine.
Thank you. I like them too but didn't have any.
@Nevena83 (17653)
• Serbia
@just4him I made a pie apple today. Do you like pies with apples?
@Nevena83 Yes, I do. I hope everyone liked it.
Have a fabulous evening to go with your great day.
Thank you. It was wonderful.
@CarolDM (18678)
All I see is your photo, which is nice.
Thank you.
I don't see anything but your lovely face in the photo. I knew it was pi day, and of course, no pie for us. My hubby is doing great on his diet, and I lack a sweet tooth. So glad you got out of the house and enjoyed your rock painting.
I just can't get into that photo. I find it way too serious. I didn't have pie either. In fact, I didn't have anything sweet except fruit.
@just4him I think a new photo is in order.
@DianneN Yes, it is. And this is not it. I'll have new glasses soon, and my hair will get taken care of in April, finally. I've had to cancel two appointments because of that car. I won't cancel the next one even if it means selling my soul. I can't stand it right now. I'm ready to take the scissors to it myself, but Paula would scream if I did that. So, I'm being patient, yeah right, and counting the days to my next appointment on the 10th at 10 AM. I just verified that. I'll look horrible before I get there. The silver is shining through, and it's touching my collar as well as my eyes.
I think to remember that this is the photo you used for one of your book, it's a good photo. As we write the date in another way it never comes to my mind that March 14 is written 3.14 in your country. I noticed when I read the message accompanying the payment of myLot.
Yes, I know other countries write it different. I always get confused when I see it different, though I've gotten used to the date month year now. It's when they put the year first that totally throws me off. Yes, it was for the last book I published.
@just4him Here in Europe the year first is never used the format is "dd mmm yy".
@LadyDuck That's the military way here and I'm used to that.
• Rupert, Idaho
I can't see the rocks...but they sound nice. I did not have pie myself....but that is okay, hopefully others did. Glad you enjoyed your gyro!
Well, it looks like I forgot what photo I was going to post. I'll need to do another to show all the rocks.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That happens! Would still love to see them after reading about them!
@MommyOfEli2013 They're now posted.
Seems like you had a great day. And even better meal. No pie for me, or math. The day was long. Spent 5 hours out, as we had to go off for a hour long ride to the oral surgeon and back then hit up market basket, and took gabby to get ice cream.
I'm sure she enjoyed the ice cream. I'm sorry you spent so much time with the oral surgeon. Not fun.
@just4him oh no I only spent like 10 minutes with him. it was 5 hours out, doing everything. She loved it, as always. just like me, she even got a second to take home lol
@Courtlynn I'm glad it was only ten minutes with the oral surgeon. Who doesn't love ice cream?
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
Glad you enjoyed your rock painting. And your new picture looks good.
Thank you. I never thought I would like rock painting, but I totally enjoy it.
@arunima25 (13608)
• Bangalore, India
20h
@just4him We never know what we might end up enjoying. So better to give it a try
@FayeHazel (25787)
Nice photo. Happy the rock painting went well and always nice to bless someone's day like you did. What is big brother, big sister like?
She has a meeting next week to explain it all and she asked me to go along. I'll be able to better answer that question then. Thank you. Too serious though.
@FayeHazel (25787)
@just4him Ah cool. I actually thought on doing it too - if it is what I think it is. (Hang out with a kid, act like a mentor) - like you see, I didn't even get as far as researching it
@Teep11 (7652)
The weather is great here in Miami. Hopefully my sons will assist picking up the leaves in the backyard.
I hope they did. I'm glad your weather is good.
@wolfgirl569 (21513)
• Marion, Ohio
I only see a pretty lady in the photo. But glad that you had a very good day.
Thank you. Yes, it was a good day.
@garymarsh6 (15716)
Your photo is fine. Don't put yourself down! I guess no body likes their own photos. I had to look up what Gyro was. We call it Kebab. I do not eat these. I was mortified when I did a foodie tour in Manhattan and the guide was saying she was going to keep the best place till last..........Yes a kebab shop she told us there were not that many about in the states so it gets very busy. The way she was talking I thought it was going to be a really super place but alas no. I declined the food there! Enjoy your prayer meeting!
We all have our tastes. It's why there are so many different dishes served all over the world. It was a great prayer meeting. Thank you.
@Elizaby (4669)
• Pensacola, Florida
Day is quiet. Very overcast skies as we are getting the bottom end of the front you are getting up there bringing rain showers tonight with a cool down to low 60s for highs over the weekend with lows in the 40s.
The 40s is our high today. We are overcast too, though yesterday was a nice day.
A little cheating on your eating plan isn't going to hurt you.
Thank you. I don't do it often, but I feel like I've done it a lot since Christmas.
@sugartoes (46062)
• Greencastle, Indiana
photo looks AWESOME, sounds like you have had a great day as you always do most the time as far as MY day well it wasn't very productive other than working on here most the morn then bad weather has been hampering the power so I just said to heck with it & went to BED till a few hrs a go so I slept the better part of the day away now I'm gonna try & get something done here.
I'm very happy you're still here. Thank you. It was a good day yesterday. I'm sorry you had power trouble.
No pie for me..nor pi for that matter!
None for me either. But that's okay, you or I probably don't need it.
10h
Sorry, but I do not see a photo about rock painting.
12h
I am glad you got to go out, winter can give us all cabin fever, Sounds like you have a great time.