I Really Did it to Myself

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Yesterday was a great day in many ways. I went shopping yesterday morning and didn't use a mobile cart but walked around the store and wasn't in any pain when we left, not that we were there very long, but long enough. When I got home, still feeling in command of myself, I took the garbage out, wheeled it with my cart to the dumpsters. Today, I'm paying for all that walking. My back is in a lot of pain, even sitting here. I put the massage pad on my back last night while I watched a movie before I got back to work on my books as I worked on Thread of Evidence and New Horizons: The Next Chapter. Now, one thing that made me happy yesterday was my son's compliment when I got into his truck. He has one of those high trucks, and me being 4'10" have a hard time getting into it. No, he doesn't help me in, with good reason. The last time he did so, broke a rib. Remember, I've mentioned how soft they are. So, I pull myself up into the truck with the two handles. He told me it looks like I'm getting in easier than before. I credit that to the two five-pound dumbbells I use while I watch a movie. It looks like pumping iron is helping me haul myself into his truck. So, today, I'm moving a bit slower as my back is very stiff and sore with all I did yesterday. That should teach me to think about what I'm doing or about to do when I'm feeling like a million bucks. Just looked outside - It's snowing. It won't stick. It's too warm for that and the snow is almost completely melted. Only a small patch here and there. I know we're going to get one more blast before winter fully leaves, but this isn't it. It's supposed to be 40 today and windy. Right now it's still in the lower 30s, hence the snow. Okay, that's my news. What's yours for this Saturday? Thanks for reading.
I did a roadside clean up. It was an effort by some people that live along the highway. Not many of us showed up..but I did my part. I was tired of looking at trash.
I'm sure that can be a tiring job. We have adopt-a-highway here to keep the highways clean.
@just4him When I was growing up there were anti littering signs everywhere with prominent fines on them..where are those now?
@snowy22315 I seem to recall seeing those. They've disappeared.
@moffittjc (52378)
• Gainesville, Florida
I hope your back feels betters soon.
Thank you. It's doing well today.
@moffittjc (52378)
• Gainesville, Florida
@just4him That’s great to hear Val!
@moffittjc How's your knee?
@Jefrox (155)
• Taytay, Philippines
I just did our laundry things and cleaned my 100 gallons aquarium.
That's a large aquarium.
@wolfgirl569 (16408)
• Marion, Ohio
Hope the pain leaves soon. I got a break in the rain and rearranged my goats.
Rearranging goals can be 'fun'. The weather is working against me right now with my aches and pains. The pool really helped with that this morning.
@just4him You are the one operating the bar bells so you deserve the credit. So are you happy you got snow again?
It was only flurries and didn't stick, so no accumulation. It's snowing again right now. Nothing will stick. Yes, I'm always happy to see snow, even when there's no hope of accumulation.
@just4him ok. Are you sad that it did not stick?
@Hannihar No. I don't expect it to this time of year.
That's really good news that you can get into the truck easier.
I was happy I could. Thank you.
• Sonora, California
This morning we are running errands, well mainly Grocery and Household shopping!
Those are a necessity.
I know how you feel about this.Have similar problems with my lets.They recommend do walking the more you walk the better for your legs.For me it is true
It's still hard for me to do a lot of walking, but I can go for shorter distances. So, if I don't have a lot to buy, I can leave the mobile cart and use a regular shopping cart.
@just4him do you try to warm up your legs before going out.I do this and helps me a lot
@amadeo No. I wouldn't know how to do that.
• Pamplona, Spain
Hope you are much better now then. Could it be the cold weather gets to you as well? Its good to walk outside as we can all do that to some degree.
Not the cold weather, but when the barometric pressure rises, then my knees are in a lot of pain.
• Pamplona, Spain
@just4him See what you mean I get the odd twinge as well if I overdo it so walking is the best for me at the moment.
@lovinangelsinstead21 I'm glad walking is good for you when those odd twinges happen.
I am sorry for your back pain. The snow will not stick, it's warm and sunny here, but from tomorrow the rain comes.
No, it didn't, and it's snowing again, this time expected, but again it won't stick. It's turning to rain at some point today. I'm glad you're getting rain. You've mentioned you need it.
@just4him We really need rain, I dug the soil in my vegetable garden yesterday, it is dry and hard. After the rain it will be better.
@LadyDuck I hope you've gotten the rain you need.
Hope you feel better soon. Our son and grandson just landed back in NYC and my husband and I are going out to dinner with my brother and sister-in-law.
I hope you had a good dinner with your brother and sister-in-law. Thank you. I'm feeling much better today. The hot tub/whirlpool had a lot to do with that.
@DianneN That's great! Thank you. It was a full pool this morning. All the regulars were there. It felt great to be back.
@just4him I'm sure it did!
@didinedhia (4388)
• Algeria
you are so lucky
I'm lucky because I hurt myself?
• Algeria
@just4him no because it's snowing
@didinedhia Thank you.
@CarolDM (22055)
That is how it goes it seems. Take it easy. Not much going on here.
My back is much better today. I hope you have a good day.
@CarolDM (22055)
@just4him That is great, thank you and you do the same.
@CarolDM Today is a good day. I was back in the pool this morning and now I'm watching it snow.
@simone10 (25500)
• Louisville, Kentucky
I also have issues with my back so I feel for you. I hope you are better today.
I am much better thank you.
@simone10 (25500)
• Louisville, Kentucky
@just4him that's good. Sometimes we forget to take of ourselves
@simone10 Yes, we do.
@Elizaby (4790)
• Pensacola, Florida
Sorta of draggy which is from having only four hours os sleep. I walked across the side of Badcocks to get in Baskin Robbins/ Dunkin donut parking lot to treat myself to a banana split. Laugh when I checked the menu yesterday and aw the distance listed by I gues a gps at 3.76 miles and it ain't even 100 yards if that.
GPS isn't always accurate. It's given me some wrong turns. I don't use it since the one I had from my father was faulty. I bet that banana split tasted good.
@Elizaby (4790)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him It was good. I have been good staying away from there only going there every couple of months.
@Elizaby That's good you can stay away from it.
• Rupert, Idaho
Sorry to hear about the pain from all the walking. Hope that feels better soon.
I'm doing much better thank you.
• Rupert, Idaho
@just4him That's good to hear, I am glad
@porwest (13804)
I wound up overdoing it a bit over the weekend, but it was in the 70s and I REALLY wanted to putz around in the yard. No pain no gain as they always say. Hope things are getting better...but keep pumping that iron and maybe you will be suffering less for it in a bit.
I'm sorry you overdid it too. I'm working on it.
@FayeHazel (26907)
Sorry your back is so painful. It's always great when exercise helps us in everyday life. I can see how that would be a difficult step up.
It really is. It's the full stretch of my leg to reach the floor of the truck, and a full stretch of my arms to reach those handles. I can get quite a workout just getting in the truck. Thanks. My back is doing better today.
@janethwayne (3214)
Hope you feel well soon.I also feel pain in my left upper arm when I fell many years ago and until now the sore is still present but I am fine.
I'm sorry you fell and are dealing with the pain since then. Yes, I'm much better, thank you.
Pumping that iron really does offer some good benefits. I think we are to get possible snow showers here, but that never amounts to much.
No, it doesn't. Not this time of year. You can keep the snowblower in the garage. Snowing again today, but again, nothing sticking. Yes, pumping that iron has definitely helped.