Emotional Freedom Technique: Valid or not?

@owlwings (39388)
Cambridge, England
Have you had any experience with EFT? The website is http://www.emofree.com I am impressed by the honesty and friendliness of the site. It does not sell the technique itself (though it sells supporting material). The videos I have watched are impressive, as are the claims made for it. It involves tapping on certain acupuncture points while repeating a 'mantra' which consists of a negative and a positive section. It is a procedure easily learned and applied to oneself and the entire procedure is described free on the website. Gary Craig claims to have dealt with problems such as Vet's who have suffered from emotional problems since returning to civilian life, deep rooted fears of water, snakes, spiders and so on, emotional problems from early childhood (abuse, bullying, bereavement and so on) and many other issues where self-confidence - or the lack of it - is a factor. Since many physical diseases can be exacerbated by emotional problems, many therapists have claimed good success in treating things which one does not normally think of as having psychological aspects. I'd be interested in hearing from people who have used the technique and also from those for whom it is new - please spend some time looking at the website before replying, though.
Hi Owlwings, I was following up with another mylot member and saw your Avatar and felt the desire to connect with a follow owl lover. I also requested you for a friend when I saw some of the discussions you posted, especially this one. Anyway, I am so on the same page on this topic. I am a life coach and group facilitator in the whole person healing arena. I am sorry that I have not had time to check out the suggested site..but I will this weekend. However, I am very familiar energy-based healing systems, brain-synch technology, Reiki, chi machines, subliminal/affirmation methods and more and have seen them bring about profound healings. In the meantime I will check out the website you suggested, try their methods if I can get on-line and contact you back then. In the meantime owlwings fly high!
@owlwings (39388)
• Cambridge, England
Hi Perspectives. I don't know what happened to the friend request. You don't seem to be on my list but I shall remedy that. I would very much like to know what you think of EFT and how you see it fitting into what you do already. I am of the opinion that there is really nothing new under the sun and that this is really a variation of established techniques but that it is, perhaps, more 'user friendly'.
I am still looking into the Emotional Freedom Techniques and have no direct experience yet. However, I met with a friend for lunch about a week ago and she downloaded the free e-book and has been working with it. She feels very positive about some of the subtle changes she is experiencing and intends to stay with it. Once I have more I will touch in again. Best regards.
Thanks for the best response...and I have been slowly integrating some of the EMF techniques. My girlfriend found a site that allows you to copy of the material and she and I have been experimenting. The effect are subtle..but definitely creating some positive changes.
@rachael5760 (2700)
• Israel
I just went to the website and downloaded the e-book. What kinds of problems do you suggest? Which of the DVD's did you buy? Did it really help you? I woke up about a month ago with a trigger thumb, and when I did the Basic Recipe, afterwards for about a half an hour the thumb was warm, but I didn't really regain any movement. What do yoiu suggest?
@owlwings (39388)
• Cambridge, England
The technique is good for many things, not all of which may seem at first to have an emotional connection. I can't say whether it could work for your trigger thumb but it may do if you can think of the root cause. Explore several possible emotional things that may have happened to you recently and note, especially, any random thoughts which may come to mind as you work on those issues. Jot them down quickly and work on those too. It is important to 'score' the intensity of your feelings about issues before and after working on them. If your 'score' is not yet zero or close to it, repeat the exercise. The DVD set I bought most recently was the 'Palace of Pssibilities' set but I would recommend perhaps getting the 'EFT Course' (number 1 on the order page: http://www.emofree.com/a/?3252/2) $60 may seem quite a lot but you get 13 hours of very informative video, plus 3 hours of instructional audio. You may also make copies to give (not sell) to friends. I can only say that I found the set I bought very helpful and informative and I thought it represented very good value for money.
• Israel
What problems did you work on on and did it really help you. I've read a lot on the site and have some ideas. The main problem of ordering the DVD's is that when I order things over the Interet, they get stolen out of my mail box.
@owlwings (39388)
• Cambridge, England
I worked on anger over some friction at work and anxiety over some medical problems. Those were both very helpful. I also have tried to work on giving up smoking with which I have had no success yet. I cannot say whether it is simply the repeating of the negative/positive statements or whether the tapping really helps. I believe that some research has been conducted into tapping on the specified points and tapping on purposely incorrect points. As I recall, the results were interesting but not conclusive (depending on how your read them).
HI Owlwings I am a certified EFT practitioner and have used it since 2001 with amazing results.Mechanical EFT works well if you get your phrasing correct for the issue you are tapping for. What you are doing is re-programming your body like you program a computer to start doing what you want it to do and deleting issues that are negative to your health and wellbeing.Many prople can resolve issues on their own with correct phrasing, and others need assistance. I have had great success with rape issues,trauma,addictions and many thing you already posted.I hope you didn't give up on it but if it didn't seem to work for you I can work with you over phone or skype to help and I accept paypal www.freedommotion.com
@owlwings (39388)
• Cambridge, England
Thank you for reviving this discussion. I am glad to find someone here who has experience of EFT. You appear to be fairly new to MyLot, so I bid you welcome and hope you enjoy it here as much as I have done these last (I think) 2 years! I started this discussion, I see, a year (or more) ago and have since been occasionally promoting the technique here where I felt it appropriate. I also use it myself and have recently started to find the confidence to show it to others with encouraging results.
Hi Owlwings,Thanks for the Welcome I do not get in here much,to many sites and not enough time. I am glad to see you got into and persued EFT.I saw you on a few threads but most were old so I wondered if you stuck with it. I work more with illness since I have Medical Background..keep on tapping!