legal aid

United States
December 5, 2006 11:13pm CST
has anyone ever had to get a lawyer from legal aid?do they take family issue cases?if they dont and you have no money is their another agencie that will at no cost?any advice is welcome.
1 person likes this
4 responses
@Signal20 (2281)
• United States
6 Dec 06
I went through Legal Aid with my divorce years and years ago. It was all pretty much cut and dry, but he was all right for an attorney. The only thing, my ex's attorney drew up the final decree, and worded the child support wrong, basically said I was to pay him, when she is living with me and it should've been him paying me. No one caught it, until about 4 years after it was done. It was one of my army sergeants that caught it lol. But yes, they should handle a family issue-but then I suppose it depends on what it is. Try calling them and see. I don't know of any other agencies, guess it depends on what your problem is your trying to resolve.
• United States
6 Dec 06
thank you for your responce the issue is child custody and i do not trust his lawyer so i want to get my own because his lawyer will twist everything around because he dont work for me.
@rina308 (83)
• Philippines
8 Dec 09
If it's an issue of cost, try posting your case on It's a site where lawyers go to bid on the cases by clients. You can chose the lawyer that's best for your case.
@birthlady (5613)
• United States
22 Dec 06
Try legal aid. If they can't help, try a domestic violence organization, they usually do help with family court. Also, you might try calling or visiting websites for domestic violence victims, I read your other posts.
@NewHeart (528)
• Canada
16 Dec 06
can check through social assistance or welfare or depending on the family issue theres help lines that can get you in touch with other agencies maybe heard that expression ask a