Singing: Skill or Talent

Anybody can sing. There are really born singers, meaning, they've been gifted with the talent. Some have learned it by training. For me, I am the second one. I still can remember when my sister and I were young, she was growing with the microphone, karaoke and music tape collections, while I can sing only in the bathroom. Our mother would even criticize me that even if I use the microphone, she can't hear my voice singing or I seemed not singing at all (LOL). But when we are now grown-ups, my mother is now proud to hear me and my sister sing alternately just to enjoy the moment of geting together and then reminisce how odd I was before about singing. What do you think of most artists now?
@xParanoiax (6999)
Um..I don't think that's exactly true. I mean for most people yes..but there's a small percentage who just..can't sing. Consider whatever his name was from American Idol..Hung? *winces* Or my brother matter what he can't sing. I've sung since I was little..and a friend (before she was really a friend) told me I had an addictive voice..random strangers will tell me. Even if I'm not singing..(I get terribly nervous singing in front of others anyway) So it's a mixture of talent and skill for me now. Ever since my fried told me that, I've been practicing..and learning little things which have helped me improve. Though my voice is still not to my liking..but then I'm fussy lol. I hate to say it...but there's only a few artists/bands out of every fifty that comes out that I consider amazing or even just good. It feels painful to listen to this new bands screaming their lungs out..or some other sappy unoriginal love song. But then I'm also picky lol.