long distance realtionship

Philippines
January 2, 2007 8:31pm CST
my boyfriend left me to work abroad, and i find myself losing the love i have for him..will really long distance relationship really works?hmmm...i don't think so..what about you?do i nedd to hold on or just let go?oh my..
1 person likes this
8 responses
• Philippines
11 Jan 07
hmmm i agree with you..i dont really think that this will really work unless both of you are so serious with each other and you are already in the "marriage stage" in your life...but if one of you is undecided i dont think it will work.... Long distance relationship needs double effort to make it work.....plus when you need your bf to be there for u he cant be there due to distance....so kinda useless in a way...sooner or later one of you will give up and gets tired of trying....and maybe keeping in touch....
@raijin (10373)
• Philippines
11 Jan 07
If you still love him and really treasures your past with him, then you should HOLD ON (originally sung by NEOCOLOURS!;). If not, better ask him of his feelings for you. Tell him your reasons why you want be free, ask for his blessings if he allows you to. I don't really know, it's still up to you. You're the one's still calling the shots because we are just trying to help you and give some advice!;)
@fujin1985 (684)
• Philippines
10 Jan 07
i for one am currently in a long distance relationship, and still enduring it for 2 and a half years now and counting. still, i tell you, it is most difficult to hang on to it. I have experienced the feel of "losing the love" and even being at the brink of giving up, but, come to think of it, it's the trust you have for him that will keep the fire alive. most importantly, communication is the very important key to a lasting long-distance relationship.
@gigarange (1165)
• United States
9 Jan 07
Long distance relationship works for some people. I and my husband were in a long distance relationship for 2 years. I would say that TRUST and constant communication should be there, along with your patience and of course love for each other. The success of your LD relationship is in your hands. If you are really committed to each other, and is willing to hold on to each other, it will work.
• United States
4 Jan 07
It is probably the hardest thing to make work. My personal opinion is that while it's not definitely not going to work, I have doubts that it usually will. I think if you're young enough you need to grow anyways. Even if you're not, you're not getting anything from the relationship at this point unless you see it changing soon. You have to go with your heart.
• Philippines
4 Jan 07
it's but normal to feel that way because of the absence of the one you love and the distace. i was once in a relationship like yours coz my then boyfriend lives in the US & im in the phils, though we're both filipinos. but we've managed to pull it off coz we "believed" so much in what we have. im now married to him for 4 years. =) a long-distance relationship would work if you really want it to. just make sure you communicate as much as you can and be loyal & honest to each other. if you really think that your relationship with him is worth holding on to, then go for it. but if it's causing you to sacrifice your happiness, then let go. you're the only one who could weigh between the two. Goodluck & Godbless. i hope you could pull it off like i did. =)
• Philippines
4 Jan 07
it depends on the couple, the way they handle things but generally, i think (my guess actually) only 40% of long distance relationships survive, the other 60%, well too bad they end up losing what they have for each other
@minsmins (162)
• Philippines
3 Jan 07
long distance relationship!? hummm.. well i think, just keep the communication line open.. anyway, we have lots of ways to reach him right? have you tried to chat online with him with a cam? maybe youre just missing him, dont you? ;-)