Jesus and Adam

@peavey (16845)
I was reading in Romans last night, over the same scripture I seem to have been stuck in for weeks, when I suddenly understood with new clarity what Paul was saying about Adam and Jesus. Romans 5:12 - 18 repeat the connection between Adam and Jesus over and over - the Hebrew way of emphasizing a point. Paul did not say it in so many words, but it seemed that this is what he was pointing to: Adam was created perfect, but failed toward God Jesus was created perfect and succeeded in God (the second Adam succeeded) Adam was the first man in the flesh Jesus was the first man in the Spirit Adam brought death and sin Jesus brought life and freedom from sin Adam was the progenitor of the human population of the earth Jesus was he progenitor of the spiritual population of heaven Am I right? Wrong? Confused? Have I extrapolated more than was intended? What do you think?
@byfaithonly (10716)
I totally agree with you and see what you are saying. I would go on to Romans 5:19 where is follows the same theme of comparing the difference yet connection between Adam and Jesus. Rom 5:19 For just as through one man's disobedience many people were made sinners, so also through one man's obedience many people will be made righteous.
@peavey (16845)
I don't know why I overlooked the 19th verse this morning, I read it last night! :) Thanks for bringing that out.
@socorban (651)
Jesus is God, Jesus is the word, the flesh of God. "For through him, for him and by him all was created" If you read carefully you will see many links depicting this. Also "Jesus is the image of the invisible God" Since God is a being or power that exist outside our universe and inside his own creation what would be the link to this realm? Jesus. Adam was made in the image of Jesus, who is the Flesh of God. "first there was the word, and it became flesh" "Jesus was the first born of all creation"
@peavey (16845)
Yes, understood, Jesus is Lord! At times, God clarifies a truth to us as we study His word. It's a personal revelation that moves one beyond what is taught learned through our logic. The Holy Spirit quickens the lesson and makes it clearer than it has ever been. That's why I posted this. Thanks for your comments.
@rdurusan (624)
I think you were right in your understanding except the last one,but i'm not saying that i am right,that is my opinion.If the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit are one,then we can't say that only Jesus is the progenitor of the spiritual population of heaven.