10 oz baby...

I was just reading a news article about this couple that had a premature baby last fall. The baby was 10 oz and 9 and a half pounds. The baby finally got to go home but will still require oxygen. The baby suffered respiratory and digestive problems as well as a mild brain hemorrage. She was one of the worlds smallest babys. Can you believe this? The baby was so tiny! How difficult would it be to be the parents of this premature baby. I would be so sad to have to go home without my baby right after he/she was born. How about you? How would you feel if this was your baby?
@guss2000 (2234)
I had my son 13 weeks early, and he did not come home until he was 6 months old. It was so hard, and every day I was in tears. I hated having to leave him at the hospital day after day. I never thought the time would come that I could take him home. Now, even though those 6 months were so hard and long-- I kind of forgotten that I did all of that. As soon as we came home, it's like those bad days were just wiped out!
My little girl was born at the exact same gestation as this baby, 21+6 weeks. She didnt survive. Seeing this story on telly hurt, I would have loved my little girl to have survived. My son, also a preemie did make it. Going through the NICU/Special care etc situation with your new born way too early baby isnt easy. But wish I would have had the chance to do it with my little girl. I did go through it with my son and no matter how hard it is... when you get to take your baby home... its all worth it.
@lightningMD (5933)
i used to take care of little girl in my day care that wieghed 1 pound and 9 ounces at birth...she is now a happy healthy 7th grader...if a baby survives at this small size than God saved them for a reason...i'm sure these parents are overjoyed their child made it and are willing to extend the extra efforts that might be needed to make this childs life complete...God never gives us more than we can handle...it is up to us to handle it correctly
its unfrtunate i would be very sad and disappoint if something like this would happen to me but, its life and it is not perfect by any mean having premature baby, we can not do anyting in that, what we should do is to giver her best medical facility and pary the god that everything would be good with her
@judyt00 (3504)
Babies that small aren't meant to be born. They should have just let the poor thing die, Its going to be sick all its life, and probably be brain damaged as well. If I'd had a baby thatsmall, or even close, I'd have told them to just leave it, not to do anything but give it nourishment and oxygen.