stop; don't throw away that expired saline solution

I was cleaning under a bathroon sink today, spring cleaning while it snows. I found an expired bottle of saline solution that I used to use for cleaning contacts. It was almost full, and since I needed to clean the sink anyhoo, I squirted some on a sponge and began wiping up the soap spots. Lo and behold, it did an excellent job of cleaning the sink amd the faucet, making the faucet shine with almost no effort. Of course it would be terribly expensive to buy saline solution for cleaning sinks, but here's a great use for the stuff that is too old for contacts.
@gewcew23 (8013)
We don't wear contacts but I have some friends who do and I will pass this along. THanks for the tip.
You're welcome. Since this worked so well, it's worth sharing.
@Acts238girl (2089)
Thanks for the tip.My husband wears contacts so of coarse we have to keep saline solution around.I will keep this in mind the next time I start to throw it away.
You're welcome. I don't remember how much it cost, but it seemed like too much to throw away.
My daughter has bits at the bottom of her bottles she leaves around. I normally just throw it out. I go to buy new bottles to replace them. Now I have to try this with it. I am not going to wait till it gets old though. I have to see how this works. I don't know if it works for the light stuff. I want to try it on like maybe the grout around the tub. My sink is cleaned after each use. So I can't bother using it on the sink. Thanks for the great tip
You're welcome. That will be wonderful if it works on grout. I would even buy it for that, since nothing else works well.
@OURDEW (4812)
Thanks for the tip. I might have an old bottle of saline solution in the closet. I try not to let it get old because it costs too much, but sometimes I forget I have some in the closet.
You're welcome. It's always good to find easy ways to do things.
@earth2jacq (1503)
Thanks for that valuable information. I wish I was able to read this discussion earlier as I have just thrown my expired Alcon contact solution.
You're welcome. I might even try it on carpet stains, hmmmm.