The Secret -- are you practicing it?

@ahgong (10064)
Singapore
May 23, 2007 12:45am CST
I recently saw the movie "The Secret", a pseudo-documentary explaining the in and outs of "The Laws of Attraction". What is "The Laws of Attraction"? Simply put it, it is the belief that what you focus on, will be what you will get or create for yourself. One good example would be: Let's say you are poor and want to be really rich. Instead of always griping about being in your existing state and always focusing on what you don't have, "The Laws of Attraction" says that you should visualize yourself as rich. See yourself in a position where you have endless wealth at your call. Feel and believe that you are in that position of endless wealth. Some how, the money which you visualize in that position will come to you, in one way or another. It could be some inheritance from some long lost uncle or you would be so motivated by such a vision, the right people will come along to give you that opportunity to achieve it. The video is a well-produced and entertaining piece tat could easily be passed off as a real documentary. Popular as it has become, I understand that it has had some positive effect of opening many people's eyes to the existence of "The Laws of Attraction". This is great! Question is, has any one of you here tried it? Do you believe in it? Has anyone who tried it been successful with it? share your views!
1 person likes this
2 responses
• Singapore
23 May 07
I haven't tried it yet but I do feel that there might be some grians of truth in this law. It's about workingwith your mind in order to visualize your goals.The mind is a powerful tool so what better than to harness its powers? I'm gonna try picturing myself on the road of attaining my dreams. If it works, it's all because of you sharing this info. Thanks!
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
24 May 07
Hey, if you can achieve it, it is because you put your mind to it. No one can do the task you have in mind for you. I really hope you can achieve what you are setting out to do. I'd be happy for you if you do! All the best brother!
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
11 Dec 08
Well, brother! I am so glad that you are making headway in your quest towards your dreams. I too would like to walk in your foot steps and try that out myself. After watching the movie of the secret, I already am curious about the laws of attractions. And now, after reading the book, I am even more interested. I sure hope I can make that baby steps you are talking about! Wish me luck!
@0Impact0 (69)
• United States
23 May 07
I haven't tried this or anything, but I'm sure it could work simply because--say you saw yourself as state track champion. This vision, realizing your dream, would motivate you to become that dream and you would train harder and harder until you because state track champion. I think that this is basically mind-over-matter techniques in disguise.
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
23 May 07
thanks for the reply! I also agree that it is a mind over matter issue. The problem is, when you tell people it is mind over matter, no body really believes in it. For this Laws of Attraction, it only works if you actually sit and visualize yourself in it. Feeling all the feelings of what it will be like to be in that position you want to be and letting your mind feel all good about it, so much so that you are willing to do something about it to get it. I do believe that mind-over-matter works... the secret to it is how to achieve it. And the Laws of Attractions is outline a very simple technique that is easy to apply. I wonder if anyone has tried it and made a success out of it!