I couldn't believe my eyes when I read this

June 17, 2007 10:42am CST
I was just searching "mylot" in google and I came across a blogger who claims mylot is a rip off. http://nice-ideas.blogspot.com/2006/11/mylotcom-ripoff.html The points he makes a flaws and doesn't really "shout out" rip off, because he said something about earning $8 in 3 days or something and he thinks that isn't enough? Geez if you want more money, go and become a professional community poster and get paid for helping private communities. You can't expect a site which pays all to be greatly high they need make money as well. What are you thoughts? ~Joey P.s I can understand that it's hard to earn sometimes, even though I don't find that the hard part. yet to say he made $8 and then goes to call it a rip off is beyond belief.
14 people like this
33 responses
@Craig747 (488)
17 Jun 07
If they don't like myLot then thats fine. We all have different oppinions. Personally, I love it here. That person was obviously expecting to get rich by sitting and doing next to nothing. He/she will soon find out that life isn't as good as that. If you want to have fun, make friends and also earn a little bit of money then myLot is for you. If not then don't bother visiting.
5 people like this
17 Jun 07
Sure it is. I think he's mainly doing it out of anger and to be seen on her more. You'd be amazed by what so do just to get attention to their discussions, which someone would post unless they wanted attention. (in my opinion) especially on mylot like he claimed. Good point buddy. (I'm actually here for friends and not money) ~Joey
3 people like this
@Kurokage (548)
• Albania
17 Jun 07
I think that they are not giveing other people the chance to try it. They proboly got baned from mylot, so they attempt to get back by getting other people to leave.
2 people like this
17 Jun 07
Kuro; Good point. He probably is banned now and with good reason too, I wouldn't do that if I was banned but I'm different. ~Joey
@feliniti (875)
17 Jun 07
he probably wasn't very popular on here because he was always complaining about the low rates? Just guessing mind. I don't think myLot is a rip off. Sure I wish we got paid more, but it is a bonus and in any case, the benefits from making good online friends and learning from each other outweigh that anyway. If it was promising to pay higher, I am sure that it would be seen as a rip off because high promises never materialise. If he really earned $8 in 3 days then it isn't a rip off, although I have never earned anything like that much and don't really mind. My part time job is where the real money comes from, and anything else is a bonus. kind regards Joey, thanks for bringing this to our attention. :)
17 Jun 07
Sure I think so too. I think he was trying to build a back hand from it so he could get few responses. :) You never earned $8 in 3 days? it took me awhile to get to the $3 mark, but generally I hit the nail on the head if I keep focused and it's not as hard to increase it. (if he was that bothered) Your welcome, thanks for you response felinti :) ~Joey
1 person likes this
@Lydia1901 (16351)
• United States
17 Jun 07
Yep, he was looking at the wrong place if he wanted to make more money than what he have gotten because this is not a place for it. Here you're earning pokcet money and not enough to buy anything that big at all.
1 person likes this
17 Jun 07
Exactly. I'd hate to think how much he "wanted" but not to sound harsh from his blogs I don't see anyone offering to pay him the going rate to post on there community. These sites are about collecting and working as a network or as I say a family. We're helping to build mylot for the future to stand alone, so I wouldn't expect them to increase the rate to please people like him. Kudos, ~Joey
@sigma77 (5383)
• United States
17 Jun 07
I agree with you, Joey. It is all I can do to make $8 in a month...lol. $8 in 3 days looks like about $80 in a month. I would be really happy if that could happen.
3 people like this
17 Jun 07
That's what strikes me as being odd. I can do it, something I earn more than $8 dollars in a day but I wouldn't ever complain that it wasn't enough. I'm not here for that, but it is nice. Actually I hope to earn 100 a month. (but I am more than happy just to get $10 from what I'm doing) kudos, ~Joey
@KatieS (503)
• United States
18 Jun 07
Wow, $8 in 3 days! I got excited to make my most of .37 in one day. My guess like everyone else's is he got kicked out and wants revenge. I love talking to you guys, that's why I'm here. Kinda cool to get feedback from all over the world, good enough for me! Happy myLotting!
@gr8life (6251)
• Malaysia
17 Jun 07
We cannot expect to get rich quick by joining mylot. I still find it is amusing to earn extra cash here while posting and responding to others. But I don't expect my earnings here can get me a big bungalow house in a near future! Yes, it is hard to earn but what kind of job can give you money while sitting in front of your computer reading, typing and responding to others? I love mylot. I learn a lot from this site.
3 people like this
17 Jun 07
I agree. I couldn't quit what I do to earn my living here and I would expect it too. Hehe, oh that actually sounds nice could be a nice idea to save up for :P (joking) but it would be nice but not realistic here. I actually do earn from doing that. (apart of web hosts support team) :) I like it here too, i've been finding it hard to get back into but i wouldn't leave. ~Joey
@maryannemax (12156)
• Sweden
17 Jun 07
oh. i have read the blog and the comments. and how disgusting! people think that they can get rich through joining forums and realized that they can't. and then, what they do is try to rip off others' interest just by putting up negative discussions about myLot. thing is, if 10, 9, 8, ... month old myLottians are sticking here and enjoying their stay, i wonder why just a coupld of day old myLottians (or are they worth being called as such?) brag about things they don't really know. they should learn that not all people are just up for the cents we can earn here. the friendship we gained, the knowledge we continuously gain from time to time is more than enough to be thankful for this site. people just don't get the idea of forums, huh? patience is a virtue. and it has helped me a lot... anne
1 person likes this
@Jshean20 (14349)
• Canada
17 Jun 07
$8 in three days isn't bad in my opinion, but as with everything else in life, there will always be someone complaining. I guess some people expect to make big dollars on sites like this, but it would be almost impossible for them to make big payouts to people. After all, the mylot population has reached over 97,000!
1 person likes this
@tammyr (5946)
• Etowah, Tennessee
17 Jun 07
Well I think he is trying to get people to comment on his blog and get it rated higher or what ever it is that they call it. I don't blog, so I am not sure how it works. I know that it is getting him a few responses as it is. I know they pay and although I have had a few complaints, I do like it here. Like now I am getting paid for talking to you and I could be on the phone talking to someone as far away as you are, and I would be paying for it!LOL
1 person likes this
@cher913 (25782)
• Canada
20 Aug 07
well i read something similar on one of the writing sites and well it said pretty much the same thing... blah blah blah, what do they expect, to become instant millionaires? i realize a lot of people are disappointed that mylot doesnt exude millions, but what do you expect on the internet?
@mssnow (9484)
• United States
17 Jun 07
That was way back in Novemebr when mylot was still new. I think most people can say NOW Mylot is a great place to be. You don't make alot of money but you do make money. You also build friendships
1 person likes this
@argie713 (1809)
• Philippines
18 Jun 07
That guy is a joke. If people here wanted to earn more money then they would not be here. MyLot is not made mainly for us to earn but for us to have fun. We also can get a lot of information here in MyLot that we can apply in our lives.
@wolfie34 (26771)
• United Kingdom
18 Jun 07
Excellent point! Very true indeed.
@saierchok (1294)
• United States
17 Jun 07
well, if he doesn't want it he can give it to us :) we want it :) besides he must have written about 800 thing.. didn't any of the topics he wrote interest him?
1 person likes this
@egortizv (225)
• United States
17 Jun 07
HOLY COW! 8 dollars in three days?? id feel blessed to make that much on mylot. But i do int more for discussing. But hey, it doesnt hurt to make a little extra!
1 person likes this
• United States
25 Jul 07
Well you just cant make everybody happy can they lol lol..some people,.he earned 8 in three days and hes complaining?? id like to know what sites hes on thats he makin all this money lol..I love it here and I have to be one every day because it literally calls me!! lol..I love the threads and posting..but the money is just a huge bonus..if they want more money online..i suggest they get a real job! lol lol
• India
27 Jul 07
I think his getting angry was obivious. he have stated that he created a discussion to make the people realize about the wastage of time in mylot, in which his discussion or replies were deleted within few minutes because mylot can't bear anything written against them. Actually mylot is not for people who wants to earn more money in short period of time. Correct me If i am wrong.
• United States
25 Jul 07
Yup, to each his own. Personally I think $8 in three days is pretty great! lol When I was a more active user, I certainly didn't make that much in three days but I don't have the time to devote to it.
@lols189 (4742)
20 Aug 07
i have just read that and it is proper cheeky. if they dont like the pay and the opportunity to meet a lot of great people on mylot then they should do one and dont bother coming back and that blog is hardfaced as that person is giving others the wrong impression
@cassidy22 (2974)
• United States
25 Jul 07
HA HA HA! I'd be thrilled if I made $8 in 3 days! I'm lucky to have time to get $0.10!! How can he say it is a rip off? No where on here does it promise to make you rich. but what Mylot DOES do is actually PAY!!! Sites that are rip off are the ones that don't pay... but we all kno that mylot works. Of course, we'd all love to get paid more, but that's not how it works!
@az03r4 (913)
• Indonesia
25 Jul 07
gosh.... I have no idea about that.