Taboo Subjects - Things We Don't Talk About Or Say

United States
February 3, 2008 10:15am CST
Do you still have taboo subjects that you don't talk about or things you just don't say. Is there a reason you don't talk about these things. Do you have a reason you don't say certain things? Taboo means something is prescribed by society as being improper of unexceptable. It means to prohibit or forbid. I think we all have taboo subjects that we talk about in the privacy of our homes. We can talk about these things with our spouse and a few close friends, but certain things we just don't talk about in public. Why is that? We were having a discussion about one of these subjects just the other day. One of the comments was, "We can talk about it all we want to at home, but if we go out into public and said this, we would be shot"! Why is it okay for some people to talk about it while others are afraid? What's your comment?
1 person likes this
2 responses
3 Feb 08
i am a very open person i will talk about anything whenever i want! and i do not care what other people say either! we only live once so why waste time being frightened to say things? if i want to discuss how my sexlife is going in public then i will! and i dont care how dirty it is!
1 person likes this
• United States
3 Feb 08
i dont have any taboo topics. i am very open and very out spoken. granted it has gotten me in some bad spots lol. like at work on lunch break me and a guy were talking about david icke theroy. then we were talking about other faiths etc. we werent downing any of them. we were just talking about the many different faiths and how me and him taken from each alittle and have our own thoughts and understandings. i dont have 1 main faith i have taken from alot of them and have my own. he is the same way. well a lady that is southern baptist got into our convo and wanted to save us. she got really upset. she was sitting 4 tables over by her self and we were talking quite but shehad her ear pressed and homing in to be able to hear us. also me and him talk about poltics all the time and this other lady tells us we are going to be going the firey pits cause of things we dont support like objecting to gay, abortions etc. its choice in our minds. now when we are out in public we watch what we say if kids are around etc. but with our kids we dont. they are 10 and 13 and we are very open with them. i would rather they hear it from us and ask questions and get real answers then else where. personally tv covers everything now days and people turn it on and dont pay attention alot of times. its being said so why cant you sy it lol. if you dont like what i have to say dont listen is my thought. i dont yell it or direct it at people etc. i have alot of friends that dont agree with me on things but we talk about and like i tell them i can see from all sides of view this is my thought but i respect yours as well so do the same for me. if people wouldnt take things personally and just do that the world would be a better place. LIVE AND LET LIVE!!!!! difference is what makes you you and be proud of who you are