Can different type of music affects our mood?

Philippines
April 9, 2008 12:21pm CST
My boyfriend and I got into a petty argument which resulted in me not in the mood for "ANYTHING". I think I was pissed off and somewhat angry that time. I tuned in to the radio then suddenly there's this song that I haven't heard for a long time... I don't know... It suddenly changes my mood. My mind become clear and I talked to him and things got better. Oh by the way, the song is "Will you still love me?", this was the song that kept playing in his car when he picked me up and had one of our dates. So, watcha think? Does music affects our mood? Does it change your mood?
4 people like this
18 responses
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
Yes, music really affects our mood in many ways. Sometimes when you're in love, then listening love songs would really inspire you. Personally, I don't listen sad songs especially when I am depressed because it really affects your mood when you hear sad songs. :-)
1 person likes this
@kykidd (6812)
• United States
9 Apr 08
Oh yeah, most certainly. I know sometimes if I am not motivated to clean house or something in particular, I can just turn on some jam and it puts me in the mood. It works for other things too!
1 person likes this
@checapricorn (16061)
• United States
10 Apr 08
I agree. Every time I will listen to any love songs or any music I love I will always change my mood and easily forget that I was mad / not in the mood prior this..Its funny and thats the best thing about girls also..We can be pleased easily..hahahaha
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
Yes, we are easy to pleased that why they love us! Cheers!
@ferdzNK (3211)
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
Hi jesbellaine, I definitely agree with you. When ever my wife would have her mood swing I'll just play "Sway" by the Pussycat dolls then followed by "Perfidia" and finally we do the Tango=)
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
Awww that is very very very sweet! Nice one! Sure your wife does love it! Cheer!
1 person likes this
@ferdzNK (3211)
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
They're actually from the 2004 movie "Shall We Dance". If you have the time try watching this very stimulating one.
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
I definitely will! Is that an old movie? I will go to the video shop to rent that movie. I love good heart warming movies!
1 person likes this
@ctucker (12)
• Bermuda
9 Apr 08
YES DEFINETELY. It does change your mood. If im listening to dancehall reggae it hypes me up an d i wanna go out and and party. Culture reggae makes me mello and i wanna smoke a shooby. Hiphop makes me feel gangster. lol. R&B just makes me sing. I am a music freak anyway. so if im upset i just put on music and im happy again. MUSIC MAKES YOU MOVE
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
Yes, me too! It affects my mood at time but glad that at times, it always makes my mood go back to normal hehehe.
1 person likes this
@jarred (177)
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
ofcourse it can. when i listen to love songs, it makes me remember of my past. when i listen to rnb songs, it makes me feel relaxed.when i listen to hip hop song, it makes me feel like dancing. when i listen to rock, it makes me annoyed. sorry but i dont like rock. when i listen to slow song, i feel even more calm. it can change your mood from happy to sad , calm to pressure. lol romantic songs make me feel love back again.
• Philippines
10 Apr 08
Yes, that is right. Different songs donates different moods and feelings as well! Cool!
@stephcjh (38473)
• United States
28 Jul 08
Yes. Music does affect my mood. Fast music makes me feel happy and energetic. slow music makes me feel mellow, sad, depressed and relaxed all at the same time. It all depends on what is going on in my life at the time of listening to it. I like just about all kinds of music and I have to be in the mood before listening to any of it.
• Philippines
14 Apr 08
Music definitely affects everyone. They even say that singing a praise song is twice praying. That means that the effect of music or a song is better heard by God. Music can set the mood for the day. Try to play some fast music in the morning and you'll feel awakened the whole day. Play some soft music then you'll feel a bit relaxed. Tribal rituals even believe that their chantings can wake up or summon the spirits. singing is a very powerful tool in awakening the people to some sort of issues. A very powerful means of expressing love, sorrows and even hatred. Well, maybe with music you can perhaps even make the world more peaceful.
@ediona (147)
• Romania
14 Apr 08
I am toatal agry whit you the music can change the state of you .A melody can make you be sad,or hapy,or angry,it is the only think in life who can change your thougts.
@whiteheron (4222)
• United States
14 Apr 08
Music can indeed change your mood. Classical music helps to improve focus and concentration. Some music causes painful memories and others cause much joy and peacefullness. It is sometimes due to the words and/or the melody.
• United States
16 Apr 08
When I'm in a really bad mood and I'm about to explode I turn on my music. After hearing a few songs I feel so much better after that. I still might be mad, but not like I was before!So music helps my attitude and mood a lot thats for sure!
@reene0225 (351)
• United States
13 Apr 08
It depends on what I'm doing at the time. Like right now I'm listening to Sheryl Crow on my ipod. When I'm playing devil may cry 4 on the ps3 I listen to heavy metal or hard rock. Just to get the adrenaline going while fighting. It sometimes affects my mood. Just depends on what I'm feeling before I play it.
• Sweden
11 Aug 08
I think yes theres some music that really goes in to your heart and some song can give you inspire,sad and happy.I love music a lots but i prepared to listen music that´s not sad because i am really emotional i cry easily so i avoid sad song except when i feel sad then i listen to sad song cause it helps to make my sad go away and relaized that sometimes im being too emotional and OA .
@UK_Shree (3603)
5 Dec 08
Yes, I really do think that music has a profound effect on our state of mind. Certain tracks can uplift people, make you feel more energetic, or just make you reflect on your emotions. I think music is really quite magical.
@jc_star10 (953)
• Indonesia
10 Apr 08
Yes... I agree with that 100%. Music able to change our mood and hopefully into better one..:) When I'm sad, i will listen to more happy song, and i will be fine.Not crying anymore, or feelin' devastated. Still sad yes, there's no way you can change your sadness by one song only.But it felt better, and i had hope that i can overcome the sadness.
• United States
12 Apr 08
I don't like music that much but I can say that it sometimes affect me especially when I am not in the mood, it uplifts someone's spirit!
• India
11 Apr 08
Yes it does. it sometimes brings back one from a high tempered mood to think logically [ your case] , make people high on adrenaline, soothe , console and make happy. There are many other songs which make people gloomy too, but on the positive side, the gloom comes from thinking about someone whom you love. The whole aim of music to go along with a persons mood, and we find that sudden exposure to some unexpected music, changes our mood by such a degree that sometimes it becomes inexpressible. Well, thats that. Thats how music affects my mood. Goes onto a sudden High.. bourne
• China
10 Apr 08
It does. Nowadays,some psychological therapists often use different music to change the patients'moods.And it turned to be effective.