A true test of love - do you fart in front of your partner/husband/wife?

Is breaking wind in front of your partner a true t - I love this little sign, I wonder if anyone actually has it up?

So do you think it means that you get to break wind there?
Australia
July 16, 2008 8:51am CST
It is an unwritten rule among my close friends that if you can break wind in front of the man/woman that you are with comfortably then it is your soulmate! Of course you should always be polite and excuse yourself! But what do you think - is this a true test of love? If so, have you ever farted in front of your better half or a previous partner of yours? Tell me of your reaction and theirs? Were you just full on embarressed or did this show you that the person you were with was indeed 'the one'?
9 responses
@penny64 (1106)
• Australia
28 Jul 08
Oh come on! My husband and I have competitions! It's quite funny. When we first got together, we were very polite, then one night he accidentally let go a ripper. He looked so embarrassed, so I just kept a serious face and let one go even longer and louder. We both burst out laughing, and we've never worried about it again.
13 Aug 08
how long you have been together? n how old are you now. n do you do competition only with him or with everyone?
@MsTickle (25180)
• Australia
26 Jul 08
My vocabulary contains the word respect. Just as I like to keep my bodily functions like urinating and defecating private, I put breaking wind in the same category. I don't wish to be subjected to these bodily functions of anyone I'm sharing with. Even burping is rude and disrespectful in my book. It's up there with nose picking, scratching one's genitals and spitting. The idea that someone doing any of those things in front of me, in my presence, whatever, being my soulmate, makes me almost physically ill. What a load of carp!
@MsTickle (25180)
• Australia
9 Aug 08
I'd rather be alone than have to live with someone who cannot control their bodily functions in front of me. Yes, I can control a burp...I was brought up to be ladylike and respectful and to control myself. I simply do not do those things in front of other people; not my parents, children, partner, other family or friends. The people I associate with don't either.
@4mymak (1793)
• Malaysia
23 Jul 08
GOD... i think when you have been married after some time.. if not soon after.. your husband will not think twice to 'break wind' in front of you.. or maybe.. it is just my husband who doesnt think twice?
@steve9737 (918)
• Colombia
18 Jul 08
I don't have a wife yet but I don't think I would fart when she is around, I would go to other place or outside, i wouldn't mind if she would fart when i am around, but anyway I don't think I would be nice, I remember that once a ex girlfriend on mine farted when I was around and I really didn't mind but of course I wouldn't like it if she would keep doing that. I wold to think that she is doing that at propose.
• Australia
17 Jul 08
No i dont infront of my husband but he does it around me all the time and he thinks its funny and its not at all.
• United States
14 Jun 09
Lisa gets mad when I fart in front of her but I just can't help it, why can't I fart in my own house. I never hear her fart and I think she is the one with a problem. She also doesn't like to make a stinky poo if I'm around, I don't know what the big deal is about farts and stinking up the bathroom, it's part of life and she should get used to it already... Dennison
• Philippines
16 Jul 08
This is a very funny discussion. But, I'll share my story anyway. I used to control the urge to pass gas when my husband is around. I was successful the first 1 1/2 years of our married life. But when I got pregnant, it got to a point when I could not hold it long so I would just pass gas even when he's around. That was when I started feeling comfortable doing just about anything in front of him. So, I guess I would agree, it takes away some inhibitions. I wouldn't call it a test though. It just, maybe, takes you a level higher or a step forward, or whatever.
@baileycows (3665)
• United States
16 Jul 08
Unfortunately we do. He is the only person I will do it in front of though. I still try sometimes not to do it, but he is always around you got to let it go.
• United States
16 Jul 08
I have not yet done that around my husband that is one think i don't wanna do because i still wanna a be lady around him... Now he farts around me all the time.. I don't think it isn't very attractive for a lady to fart around a guy its not very lady like. I just get very embarrassed around him when i do that sort of thing. My husband and i only knew each other for 5 months before we got married so i'm still warming up to him..