beauty of old woman ....

Malaysia
October 12, 2008 10:54am CST
So much has been said and sung of beautiful young girls, why don't somebody wake up to the beauty of old women? ... by HARRIET BEECHER STOWE How very true indeed .. so i went and searched for a good poem to all my lady friends to share ... here it is The old woman by Joseph Campbell As a white candle In a holy place, So is the beauty Of an aged face. As the spent radiance Of the winter sun, So is a woman With her travail done, Her brood gone from her, And her thoughts as still As the waters Under a ruined mill. i will like to thank all this woman who have sacrificed and faught for "womans freedom" cheers
1 person likes this
5 responses
@apsara60 (6610)
• Israel
12 Oct 08
Dear sanjana.....what a wonderful topic.....you brought tears in my eyes.......only women knows how painful is it for her to see attitude of people changing for her with her age.......you have indeed touched heart of many many old ladies who have hidden silent story of sacrifices behind each wrinkle line.....wish someone could see it, which someone could feel it....I really love you sanjana for starting such a nice discussion.........I can write a lot about this, but your peom says everything.....Have a nice day.
1 person likes this
• Malaysia
13 Oct 08
hi apsara.. there is a saying "OLD IS GOLD" ...
1 person likes this
@apsara60 (6610)
• Israel
13 Oct 08
This is true only for metal and lifeless things.......Not for living beings. Women and flowers are just the same......... Some facts cannot be changed, sanjana, we have to just accept them.....have a nice day.
• Malaysia
13 Oct 08
hi apsara tru indeed... we have to accept ...
• Pakistan
13 Oct 08
really intresting and ignore topic to disscuss old women are those who was young and pretty in some past time and obboiussly poeple were found of them but now with the passage of time they become gold and precioues in those eyes who can really understand the feelings. and do we know that whats there thinking after passing there precious time and now came to this stage that they r ignoring such really sad with sorrow ahhhhhhhh
1 person likes this
• Malaysia
15 Oct 08
hi sudais.. we will be them one day .... it is infront of us cheers
• Malaysia
16 Oct 08
• Pakistan
16 Oct 08
ya agree with u and it is future of us so why we ignore them . we wants that we make their life easy that nest time we ll b from them and our work from them over now is came in means for us in future. Prince Sad
@redkathy (3374)
• United States
13 Oct 08
I have one gray stripe on the left and one on the right. I tell my boys who are now 26 and 21 that my gray hair is for them. Yes for them and not from them. Both live out of town, one in Hawaii the other a few hours away. I miss them both... My thoughts are still This is a beautiful poem. Like you salute the women who fought for my freedoms! Thank you for this lovely post ♥
1 person likes this
• Malaysia
13 Oct 08
• China
13 Oct 08
Hi. Old womem are not sung for the resons that we all know, but women at different periods of age have different glamour. We are all afraid to be called old and we do everything we can to prevent ourselves from aging, but eventually we have to accept the reality, time is cruel as it leaves its traces on our body. I do believe age also brings some good things because we don't age just with age, but wisdom as well. When I was a little girl, I like to spent time with old grandma and I enjoyed her old stories. And I still like time together with them. They are experienced, calm and so wise at crisis and relly good listener. Aside from that, old women have more other strong points in our life. If I am a poet, I will write more poems for old women rather than young girls.
1 person likes this
• Malaysia
14 Oct 08
hi denise ... older woman have been around long .. they have seen so many things, their experience is a valuable lesson for us ... you must have learned alot of things from your grandmother .. cheers
@Kemnxiao (11)
• China
13 Oct 08
Haha,I think so, I want to take this poem to send my mother as a gift.
1 person likes this