Do you buy back issue magazines?

Philippines
October 12, 2008 11:37pm CST
Depending on the price of the magazine, Back issues magazine are sold cheaper than the current edition. If you miss out an edition you can still have it at a lower cost. the thing is the news or articles there are already old. Me, I still buy back issue magazines, whatever the date is as long as the topics are interesting. how about you myLotters, do you buy back issues?
5 people like this
22 responses
@savypat (20216)
• United States
13 Oct 08
Yes, I am a quilter so it doesn't matter if the mags are old. They are so expensive when new that I can't but them.
@warrior_777 (1392)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
I still buy back issues of magazines if the issue is really interesting and has important articles. Also if I need to buy for some purposes like for projects, or for some important impormations That I must read by myself. Have a nice day..
@tryxiness (4544)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Not me, but my aunt does (almost everymonth) esp. with YES! Magazines. She is so fond of buying any back issues because of the stories in the said magazines. Well, I enjoy reading them.
1 person likes this
@ANTIQUELADY (36440)
• United States
13 Oct 08
when i had to quit work i canceled all my magazine subscriptions. i haven't picked any of them back. i miss them but that's just money saved. i'd but back issues just as quick as i would new ones probably quicker ifi was going to buy any. have to watch my p's & q's now that i can't work.
1 person likes this
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
yes i do! especially when i missed an important issue (usually ENTREPRENEUR Mag)
@JOIEMARVIC (2335)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
yes i do.its cheaper,but it is still the same material.the content did not change.it maybe somewhat outdated,but still its worth it.specially when you have this magazines as collections,its pretty nice to buy them on a lower price but still in very good condition.
1 person likes this
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
13 Oct 08
IN singapore, most shops or stocks dun stock up on their old magazines.. The supplier will always collect them back.. Thus, once we missed out on buying the issue, we won't be able to find it anymore.. The only way to buy it again, is to buy 2nd hand or borrow it from frenz ^_^ As, in singapore now, very seldom, we are able to find newstands on the streets, and even if there's one, they will mostly be selling newspapers and a few magazines with very little stocks too ^_^
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Yes, I do buy as well back issue magazines, to the same reason that it is more cheaper, though the news and articles are quite old, I think it was still interesting to read it and somehow I can still get some advices and opinions on some topics like in fashion, cooking, money and such. But yeah, it was more preferable to buy the current issue, updated and all, but it was kinda more expensive.
@super_jj (1416)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
I do. Especially th National Geogaphic mags. THe articles are great. And i enjoy looking at the photos (most of them are by very good professional photogs). And the REader's Digest, too. I enjoy the old ones because they give me a "window" to look through at how life was in a certain year. I have very old issues of Reader's Digest mags from the 1960s and the articles are very enjoyable.
1 person likes this
@CJay77 (4438)
• Australia
13 Oct 08
I love reading magazines and I can't buy often here because they quite expensive! I would love to buy some back issues magazine because I like to read some interesting articles, but I never see shop that sells here. I'm in Egypt by the way and I hope that they have a shop that sells! I may have to ask some friends. Thanks!
1 person likes this
@marisriel (1156)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Yes, I buy back issues and I enjoy doing it. It's because I know that what's written on it, though not too updated, are still true and may be beneficial to me. I buy back issues of Smart Parenting, Good Housekeeping and Cosmopolitan. They are expensive whe n I buy them new. I also love the Yes! magazine, a showbiz magazine here in the Philippines. I like reading about celebrity lives and reading about their homes, understanding a little bit about some personalities. I also like People Magazines, they really teach me true values by reading on some famous characters.
@noelcruz (324)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
I do buy back issues, it's cheaper. I use it for references on my children projects and assignments.
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
i used to buy current edition magazine but ever since i graduated from school and lost my allowance i now only buy magazines that are about 5 months old which only cost like below half its original price
1 person likes this
@daisy777 (214)
• South Africa
30 Aug 12
I just don't buy any magazines at the moment. They are just too expensive. I can't justify spending money on a magazine when I have a family to feed. It's a sign of the times I suppose.
@rsa101 (37969)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Yes, my wife loves to buy back issues as they are cheaper than the current issues.
@n30wing (4767)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Well it's same with you, I'm just practical as long that I find it interesting , and learning something new. I don't care if they find it rediculous buying n old issue anyway I did not buy it on their money and it's my money anyway. Have a nice day!
@aseretdd (13730)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
I only buy back issues of magazines if they have an article that i need... like one time i was looking for articles about feng shui... and i found it in a magazine that was 1 year old... so i immediately bought it... but if i do not have any immediate use for it... i would dare spend money on back issues...
@cupid74 (11388)
• Pakistan
13 Oct 08
Hi Dear if i go to book stall and see if any topic is intresting then i dont mind Buying back issue Take care
@NonaSaile (924)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Oh yes, I look through stacks of back-issues of magazines, usually at BookSale stalls. That's how I get Cat Fancy magazines and several hobby magazines. Back issues are all I can afford, and they give me as much good reading! :)
• Philippines
13 Oct 08
Yes, several times because with a little money I can buy more. There are several secondhand bookstores where I buy and whenever Im in one, I feel stunned by the collections without knowing what to buy. The decision it a headache!