How tall was Jesus?

United States
January 21, 2009 2:16am CST
I can't find anywhere in the Bible that speaks about his height. I need this information for an oral report I'm doing at the childrens hospital. All the children ask me far out questions and I can never answer them. This time I will come prepared and wow them.
5 responses
• South Africa
21 Jan 09
Monkofvision is spot on by mentioning Zacharias, but I've heard that there is also a contemporary description of Jesus on file in the Vatican. Bear in mind that he was a political suspect arrested by Roman officials, so it makes sense that something like a verbal mugshot could have been made. According to that, Jesus was fairly short, fairly dark of complexion with curly hair and a slightly hunched back.
• United States
21 Jan 09
So Jesus looked like a swarthy Quasimodo?
@gie2910 (407)
• United States
26 Jan 09
and what difference will that make???? Just say he was normal person,about 5'7'' i think?!!!!
• India
25 Jan 09
It's not recorded in the Bible. It's not recorded because the authors did not find it necessary to record it. In fact, his hair colour, food habit etc are also not mentioned. Because writers of those times were not concerned by these details. However, he must probably like other Jews of his days.
@messageme (2821)
• United States
22 Jan 09
Not sure. Look at a picture of him and then if the question is asked about how tall is he you can answer them by using the word approximently that way you won't be wrong because you are showing you are taking a guess.
@bernel (10)
• Philippines
21 Jan 09
Yap! I agree it is not in the Bible. You can never find it. Why? because it has nothing to do with the salvation? Imagine how thick the bible bocome if the apostles wrote all about Jesus.