Why Can't I?

Why Can't I? - A question that is worth asking. Cos it may lead you to the answer!
@ahgong (10064)
Singapore
March 31, 2009 2:29am CST
When we first go to school, we all learn the same things. The alphabets, the simple arithimetics of additions, substraction, division and multiplication. And as we grew older, we attended grade school which taught pretty much the same thing. The split in what we learn starts only from college. So in a logical sense, we can almost say we all started on an almost equal footing in terms of knowledge and skills. As we go out to work, we see many people who are successful. We see them do so well in life and are able to make better wealth than we do. We admire the way they are able to afford more things than we could. But have you ever asked the question:If they can do it,Why Can't I? I mean, we are all humans afterall. And whatever rules that governs their existence, also govern ours. But what is the difference between them and us. What is it that we are doing or not doing that is preventing us from achieving the same success as the next Joe (or Jane) who made it in life? And if they can do it, why can't I?
2 people like this
15 responses
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
1 Apr 09
Like u say, everybody started out on equal footing, but all of us, our attitudes to life are different ^_^ SOme have aspirations or have high expectations of themselves since they are young, and thus they tend to be serious in their work.. As for other ple like maybe u and me, it's not that WE CANT DO IT, rather, our time is not there yet, and that's not our priority in life at the moment ^_^ So, we can really compare ourself to them ^_^ As for some, they might already be starting off much earlier than us in terms of learning.. lol =D But if one has got the right attitude, nothing is impossible, an we can do it!! haha =D
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
15 May 09
Yeah, looks like we are coming from the same boat on this! Brother! Put it there! (raises hand for a high five)
1 person likes this
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
27 May 09
That would be really neat! TO have a hi-five emoticon! I wonder if there is one currently to be used. Will surf around for one.
1 person likes this
@kun2349 (23381)
• Singapore
15 May 09
lol =D Looks like we should recommend mylot to add another emoticon for high fives too.. hehe
1 person likes this
@applefreak (3130)
• Singapore
1 Apr 09
well, i always believe that not all are born equal. we each have something that we do better in. these special qualities are the things that makes us different. if we are all the same, the earth will be such a boring place. it's just like the perpetual question - why can men and women be equal? the simple reason is we are born different. some people has better looks, some has a better brain. all these play a part in how well we do in certain fields.
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
15 May 09
You do have a point there. And it is especially applicable to people who do not have a choice. (Think the mentally unstable, the autistic, the borned deformed or disabled... etc). But it all boils down to choices and knowledge, doesn't it? How one can get ahead in life also depends on his or her desire to excel too. I guess it is a combination of many things that makes a person successful. And if he is successful due to the choices he makes and the knowledge he gained, the same question still applies... If he can do it, why can't i?
1 person likes this
• Singapore
16 May 09
yes it all boils down to the choices we make. some of us are just more hardworking than others. our character decides the choices we make. i believe that we are born with our character, not made into what we are. small things like where to have dinner to big things like what kind of job we take on, it's all about choices people are always telling me i should further my studies, work harder and basically go farther in life. however, time is way more precious to me than earning more money. i'd rather be home by 7 to be with my family than slogging away in the office. if that means i'll be a worker for the rest of my life, so be it. this is just the way i am, the way i am born. nothing is going to change the way i look at things. that's what choices are all about isn't it?
1 person likes this
@sukumar794 (5040)
• Thiruvananthapuram, India
1 Apr 09
You have to seek out the answer to this in the ways of the indomitable fate that is playing a vital role in all our actions.
@ahgong (10064)
• Singapore
15 May 09
Yes. I agree that fate plays a part in life. But fate is just there to present you with choices. It is ultimately you who makes the decision to choose the path that fate reveals. And where you end up will ultimately depend on the path you took, the choices you made when fate reveals them to you along your journey in life. At least, that is what I believe.
@maxilimian (3099)
• Indonesia
16 May 09
Hi ahgong! There's so much reason that will appear regarding that questions, but i think the one things behind it all is we didn't have an important things that they have(the success people), didn't have didn't mean we can't have it, but it's just not yet have it, and we can find it if only we try Fails is just a lesson, hundreds and even thousands of failed will disapeared with one success at the end So have a try!
1 person likes this
• Philippines
1 Apr 09
For me, Everybody can do it. Whatever it is all people can do it. I mean there is no person who can't do what a person can do. Just persevere and do your best. Do not compare yourself to others because you are different.
1 person likes this
• China
31 Mar 09
hill,do you like chinese characters?on what you said.i think there is a difference between people from the day they were born,second, the efferorts of the day after tomorrow,the family support,the environment in which you.which may affect the successof aperson.study the experience of others anddid not properly grasp.you may not necessarily be successful.lastly,I wish you success..
1 person likes this
• Pakistan
31 Mar 09
Every thing is possible in this world. Impossible is found in the dictionary of fools. this is sayings of wise people. In the light of this saying we can do every thing. we can a chive, but we need work, struggle and target of real destination. Yes it is possible. Luck is in your hand. time is weighting to give you prize and cost of your hard work. If we believed on cant then possible thing also becomes impossible.
@zweeb82 (5653)
• Malaysia
31 Mar 09
I should say that success is a result of how much one has sacrificed, the time & effort put in, the discipline, persistence, etc. So I guess that's the equation: X = how much price we're willing to pay ( through the right way of course, not illegal & things that violate the normal conscience ) = success?
@ShellyB (5241)
• United States
31 Mar 09
I believe circumstances and sometimes our fear and how we view the world get in the way of our success, but do not lose heart. A lot of successful started late in life, in the forties, in their fifties, and my favorite, Grandma Moses wgo begin painting when she was 80 years old. Each day is a new beginning so I keep that in mind. Some days tho all I do is take naps, but then again why not. lol
1 person likes this
@Yori88 (1465)
• Philippines
31 Mar 09
We are still different in so many ways. You are right that we all started in the same footing and the same knowledge or information were taught to us in school. What makes some people more successful than others is the fact that we all differ in level of intelligence, level of confidence and level of inspiration. I think that some intelligent people are not successful, some with less intelligence are more successful. Some people who are very confident find many ways to have a great job. Still others are charismatic enough to convince others and a lot of people are great in business management. We also differ in emotions and mentality. Those are some of the things that differs us from successful people and I also believe in fate. What has been destined to us can no longer be changed because God has already planned everything. We just have to lead and walk to the path of life with all efforts and grace.
@Theresaaiza (10487)
• Australia
31 Mar 09
Because we are surrounded by a lot of factors which differ from person to person. We have different levels of guts, intelligence, luck, courage, talent, perception, and so many others. We can never compare ourselves to others because we are not them and they are not us. Someone told me before that we destroy our lives by desiring what we don't have not realizing that what we have now is exactly what others have hoped for. I am not successful to and I do ask this question myself but I just think that I can achieve something if I try. Someday your hardships will pay off. All the best!
1 person likes this
• United States
31 Mar 09
That's a very good question to ask. How about asking "Should I?" first. I believe anyone can do anything but each person has different talents and abilities. If you are working in an area that reflects your talents and abilities, if you have the education and work ethic to match, then YOU CAN! It is not easy and things constantly change. A person who may look to be on top could be on the bottom tomorrow. Wherever you are, do the absolute best you can each day and be happy with where you are at as you work toward your goals.
• Philippines
31 Mar 09
I agree, if they can do it, why can't we? But, really, some people are born lucky, so much so that we usually say, "When God scattered beauty, brains and wealth, these people seemed to be at the right place at the right time".We need not sulk, get envious or jealous of what others have, for man creates his own destiny. You maybe a loser in some facets of your life but mind you, there are certain areas you need to explore and who knows, you might excel in it. Take for granted an autistic child, he maybe slow say in his line of thinking, but, mind you he could be a very good singer, an artist, a painter etc., all the family had to do is to be patient in treating the child normally and try to discover and enhance the innate and hidden talent and skill of this child. Who knows he might emerge as a famous virtuoso in the future.
@GioBuffon (119)
• Canada
31 Mar 09
Well you're right about we all learn the same things, and that we only start in college to learn things not everyone does. Some people though want to take life the easy way out so they won't study as much as others do. Others have different IQ levels to my opinion. Not everyone as the same intelligence as another.
@net101 (157)
• India
31 Mar 09
Hello My friend According to me one basic thin that keeps us away from achieving our goals of prosperity, better wealth, and a better life is our own thinking. many people quit after facing hardships and problems in their way without knowing that they could well be just a step away from sucess. Circumstances and luck and all other things do influence us to some extent, but the winners just don't quit when they face problems. The continue to learn and improve themselves. If we can follow this simple instruction that "we'll not quit" and work towards achieving something we'll see great results.