Similarities between Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.

India
May 1, 2009 2:04pm CST
In fact this is a similarity between any two fantasy books. When I saw the Harry Potter movie, I actually thought that it was a modified form of LOR. What do you think about fantasy novels? Is there any uniqueness you find in any fantasy titles?
3 responses
@arvvaz89 (85)
• Sweden
1 May 09
I am not really sure how you can think that the hary potter movie was a modified version of lord of the rings to harry potter, but i would love if you explained it to me :) and there are so many different genres and themes in fantasy so i would definitely say that thre is a lot of uniqueness
• India
1 May 09
I am really sorry I forgot to mention the fact that at those times when HP1 was released, I was not interested in reading and I knew nothing about HP novel series. I had heard about LOR from my friend in those days. Now I am very sure that HP is not a copy of LOR. Thank you for the discussion.
@dana820 (277)
• Philippines
3 May 09
Apart from being under the fantasy genre, LOTR and HP stories aren't similar - far from it, actually, very far. But when you speak of the movies, special effects used may bear similarities. Of course, CGI creatures and such should appear real in these films. They have been entertaining but that's where their comparisons end, in my opinion.
@Bionicman (3958)
• Czech Republic
1 May 09
There aren't much similarities really. Both of them are fantasy genre. What else? Magic, giant spiders, hmm...help me