How do you define success in life?

India
August 5, 2009 2:14pm CST
Do you think becoming rich is the success in life. Getting a good spouse? raising the children to a good position? A big home? A luxury car? being famous?
1 person likes this
6 responses
@EliteUser (3964)
• Australia
25 Sep 09
Hey, Well I think that if I would want to be successful in life, I would want to help people, the poor people. And to actually do that, I would need some money in order to actually help the poor people out their. Make sure you have a good day, God bless and Happy Lotting!!
• Philippines
24 Aug 09
Success for me depends on your goal. If you reach your goal, you are successful. It requires hardwork, me, as I have goal before I never reach it, so I fail. I only have my success when I graduated in college. but I never stop trying, even though there are lots of heartbreak. When I fail, I stop for a moment and think. I analyze my mistake, analyze what went wrong. I change it and try again. There are times I lose hope, but of course that is life I have to fight for it to achieve it.
@Pose123 (21635)
• Canada
5 Aug 09
Hi vijayanths, Another good discussion topic and I hope you get lots of comments. A great many people would define success as being rich or famous and if they think it is, then I guess it is for them. A happy relationship and raising children to be good citizens could also be termed as a successful life. I would choose the latter because many of the rich and famous never find the happiness that they expected money would bring. If at the end of his/her life one can look back on good memories, if her/his riches consist of a happy family and many friends, that for me spells success. Blessings.
@CJscott (4187)
• Portage La Prairie, Manitoba
5 Aug 09
Normally I write long and detailed posts, but I can answer this one with just a short little sentence. To me, true success in life is being Happy! That is all there is to it, if you are happy, you are successful, if you are always wanting more and more of what ever it is you want more of you are not successful. Not until you are happy. Cheers.
@jaiho2009 (39142)
• Philippines
5 Aug 09
Hello Vijay, I think someone can claimed being sucessful when they gets old and sitting on their couch with their grandkids gathered around them and listening to him/her telling his/her story. about his/her past life and how they come to that old age with grandkids gathered around them now. I can say one success in life is to see your 3rd generation and witness your kids having their family happy living together,and seeing your grandkids growing with happy life too.This is just a simple example of life cycle but what matter is the good relationship we were able to passed through our kids and our kids keep passing that to generations to generations. Money and riches can sometimes be root of bad relationship between siblings,rivalry and jelousy often created when parents gives these as an inheritance.
• United States
5 Aug 09
My goal is definitely making sure my kids are productive citizens and go on to lead successful lives as well. that's all I've done most of my life is raise five kids and only worked outside the home for short periods of time. And anyone who says its not work is likely to get a lecture! I don't necessarily want to get rich but be comfortable and able to take care of the kids. and then when the kids are grown up, I'll get to enjoy all the grandkids!!