Bears - Spectacled, Polar or Any Other

November 13, 2009 9:00am CST
Hi there people, I was wondering if anyone out there has heard of the Spectacled Bear? It lives in South America and seems to be one of the cutest creatures I've seen - does anyone know if they are endangered , what they do for fun or anything? Also, what do you think of other bears - Polar bears for example - Are they dangerous, aggresive and not worth protecting or should we be worried that there may not be any Polar Bears left in 30 years time?
2 responses
@maximax8 (31053)
• United Kingdom
21 Nov 09
I would love to see a photo of a spectacled bear. One day I would love to travel to South America. I have seen some photos of polar bears that live in the north of Canada. I have seen pictures of brown hairs that live in rural Canada. I love love to see pandas in China. So far in my lifetime on my travels I have seen many animals like kangaroos in Australia, penguins in New Zealand, rhinos in Kenya and giraffes in South Africa. I think all wildlife should be protected.
24 Nov 09
Spectacled Bears are probably my favourites - I would love to travel to South America to see one. In fact I would love to see any wild bear but have just seen them in the zoo so far. I have seen Kangaroos and penguins both in Australia but that's about all the exciting wildlife I have seen so far. Not sure if I am supposed to add links on this website but try bbc (.co.uk) and go to Science/Nature and then wildlife finder and search spectacled bear for some really good videos!
@GS0093 (50)
• China
14 Nov 09
Panda is a bear with two very big black eyes ,just like a big sunglasses on its face. they are very cute and almost never hurt anybody. it is also a endangered animal . chinese government is trying their best to saving them!i hope they will exist on our earth forever because i really love them!
16 Nov 09
Yes, I agree - I think the Panda will be saved because it is such a strong symbol of China, I don't think they will let it die due to the tourist money they attract!