Anybody a fan of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab?

United States
February 2, 2007 8:47am CST
I have such a huge amount of their perfume oil blends that I think if I wasn't using it everyday my husband would never let me order again LOL. My favourites are Aeval, Bewitched, Eos, Hetairae, March Hare, Snow White, and Gypsy Queen. I really want to try some of the new Lupercalia scents and the Carnaval Diabolique Act III looks amazing. :) What are your favourite scents? What do you want to try?
4 people like this
15 responses
• United States
4 Feb 07
I LOVE Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab!!! I've kept my collection fairly small so as not to have more perfume than I'll ever use. As it stands now, I've got 30 bottles and a handful of imps. My favorite scents are Wanda, Lady Macbeth, Titania, Xanthe the Weeping Clown, Jailbait, and Fae.
• United States
6 Feb 07
Ooh what's Xanthe like? Is that in Carnaval Diabolique?
• United States
6 Feb 07
I love how there are so many fairy names. What does Fae smell like?
1 person likes this
• United States
6 Feb 07
I have a small vial upstairs that someone sent me as a random act of kindness from postcardx.net I am not sure which one it is... but I've been wanting to order some scents for a while now. There are a lot that look interesting but I'm worried I won't like them later or that the smell will give me a headache. I'm thinking of buying some of the imps that other Lushies are selling in the forums.
2 people like this
• United States
6 Feb 07
That's a great way to try oils out :) You can get them for only a few dollars and pretty fast too. I know it can be overwhelming with all the hundreds of scents and such :) I'm sure you can find people who will help you sort through it LOL
1 person likes this
• United States
2 Feb 07
My all-time favorite scents are Dorian and Chysanthemum Moon. BPAL is one of the things I've had to cut back on while I'm only a budget, but I really love their products and think they are an amazing company.
2 people like this
• United States
2 Feb 07
Dorian is awesome, I just got an imp of that in my last order :) I haven't gotten to try Chrysanthemum Moon though that was one I missed it sounds lovely though.
1 person likes this
• United States
6 Feb 07
I agree about Aeval - it is without a doubt a WONDERFUL scent. My favorite has to be Antique Lace though :) I also enjoy: Midway O Candy Butcher Leanan Sidhe Queen Mab Dorian Eat Me Drink Me (but not on my - turns to peanut butter on my skin) I'm dying to try: Gluttony any of the halloween scents (love me some pumpkin!) Lightening Herr Drosselmeyer Bakeneko the Tonka Bean single note (yeah right! Like I'll get that. . .)
1 person likes this
@Ravenladyj (22904)
• United States
6 Feb 07
Gluttony is on my list of "to buy" from BPAL..along with Embalming Fluid, Seraphim, Black Phoenix, Blood Countess and omg numerous others LOL...
1 person likes this
• United States
6 Feb 07
I like Queen Mab and Leanan Sidhe very much also, I have yet to try Eat Me, Drink Me lol. Gluttony is great if you like foody stuff, I thought it smelled delicious but I'm not much for smelling like food lol. Tonka Bean *swoon* I haven't tried one yet that I didn't like with tonka in it hehe.
@twilight021 (2059)
• United States
7 Feb 07
I'm just getting into BPAL. So far I've tried "Eat me". I'm waiting on "White Rabbit" and "Baobhan Sith". I'm trying to figure out how Bpal reacts with my skin. "Eat me" is nice...after a while. At first it's really strong, but the dry down is more sweet cream and berries. I can't wait to try more. I'm addicted to reading all descriptions! There are just so many options, it's hard to choose :-)
1 person likes this
• United States
7 Feb 07
Ooh Eat Me sounds yummy :) I love White Rabbit personally. It's like a sweet spicy tea smell not like chai but the pepper is very subtle it's hard to describe but very nice.
• United States
9 Feb 07
Ooo...I'm so glad to hear you like White Rabbit. I'm really looking forward to try it. Hurry Mr. Postman!
• United States
14 Feb 07
I ended up LOVING "White Rabbit" and bought a 5ml right after trying the imp. It's a little light, so I might need to re-apply over the the course of the day, but I don't mind, since I find it so lovely!
@MsMoxie (10)
• United States
22 Feb 07
I discovered BPAL through the Lush forums. I have tried 30 scents so far (27 imps, 3 bottles). My favorites so far are Seraphim, Szepasszony, Snake Oil, Ode on Melancholy, Marie, Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, Port Royal, and the snazzy little combo of Hope & Faith. What I love about Beth's oils is that there is such a variety amongst the oils - you're bound to find something you like. She. Amazes. Me. I only discovered the Lab in January so I'm kind of making up for lost time but at one point I will settle on the scents I like and make those my staples. Here's what I've tried: (in addition to the above oils I mentioned) I have also tried Red Lantern 2007, Dove's Heart, Magdalene, Tavern of Hell, Tweedledum, Hemlock, Miskatonic University, Dragon's Reverie, Dragon's Milk, Kyoto, Lightning, Spellbound, Veil, Hunger, Harlot, Twilight, Pain, Oneiroi, Horn of Plenty, Haunted, and # 20 Love Oil. I have my own personal 'reviews' if anybody wants to hear them. Here's what I want to try: Antique Lace, Blood Amber, Leanan Sidhe, Le Serpent Qui Danse, Black Phoenix, Two Five & Seven, Queen Gertrude, Titania, Athens, New Orleans, Danube, Dragon's Tears, Fire of Love, Terpsichore, sophia, Utrennyaya, Kurukulla, and Opium Poppy. Whew! Anyhow I am just totally in love with BPAL. It's gorgeous.
2 people like this
@Ravenladyj (22904)
• United States
6 Feb 07
Gypsy Queen is FABULOUS!! I've never bought from BPAL (but will be) but my niece and her mum wear it and turned me on to G.Q when I was there last month...but with it being discontinued I cant find it.....I'm going to check on Ebay though...LOL I actually have a list of imps that i want to try out as soon as I have the money :-) Anything you recommend?
1 person likes this
• United States
6 Feb 07
I adore Aeval! It is so gorgeous and complex :)
@muntaha (376)
• Bangladesh
2 Feb 07
I am really uninformed about it. Can you give a little more information about what you are talking about? Thanks anyway.
1 person likes this
• United States
2 Feb 07
Absolutely. BPAL makes perfume oil blends. They have hundreds of scents that are available all the time and they also have limited edition ones out fairly often (every full moon, most holidays) She does series based on things like shakespeare, alice in wonderland, neil gaiman, and tarot cards. She also makes magikal oil blends and ones with special purposes like the Voodoo oils, Sominum (to sleep), and Panaceas. Her scents are complex and original she's amazing. :) the website is www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com
2 people like this
• United States
6 Feb 07
I have been trying not to get into these! I don't wear a lot of perfume, but I do love scented oils. I'm kinda picky about floral scents, too. But I have also been keeping the used up soy wax from my scented soy tarts and figured I could use it again if I added more scent to it, like oils from here. I'm not sure if the soy breaks down too much to use it again, though, or if it would smell funny since it used to have another scent in it and it had already been burned. I love the site and the names, though!
1 person likes this
• United States
6 Feb 07
I have been wondering the same thing about soy wax! I should probably email Peter from Soy Simple or something, but I'm afraid it's like a trade secret lol. I can't bear to throw away used tarts with pretty colours or the sparkle ones from Soy Simple.
@draconess (650)
• Canada
10 May 07
I've been interested in BPAL for a while, but never tried it yet... but just this week I got a few imps from a lovely lushie, and she did a good job of picking ones I'd like! I got Alice, Oneiroi, and Urania, but there's so many scents on the site I could only find the description for Alice- does anyone know the scent notes or have a review for the others? (or where could I find them on the website?) I absolutely love mint scents, so I'm also looking for recommendations for minty BPAL blends... some that look interesting: Lick it, nuclear winter, snowflakes, green tree viper, F5, spooky, bess, calliope, mad hatter. Has anyone tried any of these?
@5000ml (1923)
• Belgium
11 May 07
There's a very good search engine on the site itself, it's located almost at the bottom of the menu. You can search for the names of the oils or certain notes. Oneiroi can be found in the Somnium section and Urania in Excolo. I like the sound of Urania myself! I'm getting an imp of Snowflakes, mostly because I heard it reminded someone of the Silent White ballistic by Lush. It's one of my most favourite ballistics so I just had to try out an imp.
• Canada
11 May 07
Thanks, I did find them, it was just overwhelming flipping through that many scent pages! I found I like the forum better for finding scent descriptions and review from others.
@krebstar5 (1266)
• United States
15 Feb 07
I just got hooked thanks to a few swaps for imps and a full sized Snow Maiden. I love how inventive the site is and the scents really are unique. Sure, I don't love all of them, but the ones that are really good (ie.White Rabbit, Snow Maiden, Gluttony) smell amazing and last longer on me than anything else I've tried before.
1 person likes this
• United States
10 Feb 07
I love black phoenix alchemy lab! I don't have any favorites as of yet as I'm pretty new to the buying (and waiting!) process but I hope to have a few favorites in a week or two when my orders come in.
1 person likes this
• United States
7 Feb 07
I used to be really into BPAL, but not so much anymore. I hardly wear perfumes now. My favorite was Old Morocco. So wonderful! Oh and Queen Mab and Xiuwhatever.
1 person likes this
• United States
7 Feb 07
I've always been a perfume girl lol. The thing I like most about BPAL is that I can smell it all day. Even though it fades every once in awhile I'll catch a whiff and think mmm that smells good, I smell good lol. I also have this friend, she's so sweet, she's a very huggy person and last time we saw each other it was a at a parent's group type meeting and she hugged me and exclaimed, Wow you always smell so good! It felt nice lol.
@Galena (9110)
6 Mar 07
some favourites of mine Chaste Moon Dragons Milk Anubis Carnivale Midway Milk Moon Mata Hari Sacred Wh*re of Babylon (has a huge effect on my man) Rose Red Wicked Black Rose and lots lots more
@sharnad (38)
22 Feb 07
There are a few i want to try, i think one was called hellion, i love venom and am smelling moxie right now, my mam loves blood amber, i tend to get them from people who have already bought the imps as im not sure how much they cost to send over, also ebay